All reviewshoneymoon villaplunge poollocal villagedaily activitiesnearby islandsdirt roadvillage touroutdoor showerdaily shuttleprivate islandfishfire showlounge roommeal timesschool holidaysdeck chairspaddle boards
Reviewed 17 June 2012

We searched resorts around the world. Somewhere to veg out in luxury with fantastic food and plenty of space. With only 12 beautiful spacious villas in the whole resort there are times you just do not see another person. However just dial 9 and a Thai beef salad and a large icy cold fruit cocktail will find you.. The staff were more than excellent. I felt very special. Even with my food allergies anything that was on their menus would be mix and matched to fit into my diet. I loved snorkeling in the coral reefs that were right at my back door. I loved the outdoor shower, enclosed by a rock wall for privacy. Hot showers under palm trees, never done that before. I learned a lot from the villagers such as how they built their huts, how and what they cooked. I even tried their local foods. At the end of the day I relaxed with an island massage from Annie. She was great, we laughed so much with each other. I will definitely go back.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 June 2012 via mobile

A fantastic resort. Location is amazing with a great mix of beach, lagoon, and tropical gardens. The resort is furnished beautifully in the rooms, pool and main entertaining / meals area. Service was top quality with friendly staff who we got to know personally and who cared how our stay was going. We drove around the island and checked out other resorts and found eratap to be by far the best. Really reccomended staying.

• Stayed: June 2012
3  Thank glenmcmaster
Reviewed 5 June 2012

We adored Eratap Beach Resort and would go back in a heartbeat. The design and set up is fabulous, the location sublime and the staff were just terrific. Everything was so wonderful that you need to look up a thesaurus with the word "amazing" just to describe everything accurately. Food-wise and cocktail-wise, we were in Heaven. So much so that we ate every meal at the resort. I also had a daily massage while we my husband hired the resort's boat and driver and went out fishing. Thank you so much for a much-needed relaxing and couples-orientated holiday.

Room Tip: We had a 1-bedroom villa and it was the second one from the restaurant. Others have commented that the more secluded villas are great, but I adored ours.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DrewKor
Reviewed 28 May 2012

Have just arrived home from spending nine glorious days at Eratap and can say that from the time you are picked up by Robert at the airport to the time you leave is an outstanding experience. Tony, Louisa and Pascalle and all their wonderful team,Sharon, Jenny and Walter and many more go out of their way to make your stay a truly memorable one.
We stayed in Honeymoon Villa 11 ( the stuff dreams are made of) and had our own private beach and plunge pool. The view was amazing and the villa was beautiful-roomy and comfortable.
The food is great ( cudos to Candy and her team) and I tried nearly everything on the menu as well as the specials. Room service is available all day and never a problem. There is a tranquil and peaceful feel about the whole place - the grounds are immaculately kept as is the pool. It is a special place to relax and unwind. The massages are unreal ( try the hot stone massage).
In response to a review on trip advisor that said the noise of the waves on the beach keeps you awake at nigh ah 'duh" it is called Eratap BEACH Resort?
While there if possible take a trip with Air Safaris to Tanna Island - Captain Matt lands on the ashbed of the volcano and you are greeted by the natives of the island. Definitely a not to be forgotten experience. Eratap village is a must see and so is the resort's fire dancers and cultural musicians.
So - I would just like to thank everyone at Eratap for allowing us to stay in their little piece of paradise - we will definitely be back!
Regards Karen and Mark,

Room Tip: Honeymoon Villas 11 and 12 excellent if you want a lot of privacy. All the villas are good just depends on what you are looking for.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Lifestylechoice
Reviewed 24 May 2012

We loved our stay at Eratap & made the most of all the activities on offer. Would highly recommend taking the kayaks out at sunrise or sunset for a paddle round the lagoon - a magical time of day.
My partner was lucky enough to be there when the surf was working & Tony was very helpful with advice on what spots were best. Partner noted that when the break was working it was on par with some of the best reef waves in the world but definately for experienced surfers only.
The room was great - we had Villa 5 a 2 bedroom 2 bathroom villa. And we enjoyed the snorkeling & the pool which we had to ourselves most of the time. The food can be a bit heavy for such a tropical environment & would have liked to have seen more salads offered.
Now for the part that put a real downer on our holiday - we were very sick with gastro for the last 2 days of our holiday & still had trouble eating for a couple of days after we returned home. Pascalle was excellent & sent soft drinks & medication to our room & kept a check on us. We only ate at the resort but we did drink lots of water. Maybe next time would be a better idea to stick to bottled water only. Overall would definately return but with medication & plenty of bottled water.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kazwald
TPVan, Owner at Eratap Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2012

Dear Kazwald,
As you know I am sorry that your experience was dampened by getting sick. In regards to our water I can advise that we do our utmost to ensure it is clean. Like in all of Vanuatu our water comes from under the ground but it is from our own private source - not shared by others. Once onsite it is then sterilized using a UV sterilizer and then further filtered using 0.2 micron carbon inline filters – also for our ice machines. We all drink the water from the tap here and never experience any problems but we live here and are used to this environment. As a visitor it is always best to exercise some caution when drinking water in a foreign country.
Kind regards