Grand Hotel And Casino(Port Vila)(Great Value!)
USD 143
USD 123
Breakas Beach Resort Vanuatu(Port Vila)(Great Value!)
USD 199
USD 167
  • Breakfast included
Holiday Inn Resort Vanuatu(Port Vila)(Great Value!)
USD 170
USD 166
Chantilly's on the Bay(Port Vila)(Great Value!)
USD 170
USD 153
Nasama Resort(Port Vila)(Great Value!)
USD 128
USD 101
Priceline
Savings alert! 28% below average rates

The price you found is 28% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 140/night.

USD 333
USD 305
Priceline
USD 230
USD 216
  • Breakfast included
Erakor Island Resort & Spa(Port Vila)(Great Value!)
USD 178
USD 174
Hotels.com
  • Beachfront
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 227/night.

USD 202
  • Breakfast included
Sunset Bungalows Resort(Port Vila)(Great Value!)
USD 175
USD 103
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 140/night.

All reviewshoneymoon villaplunge poollocal villagedaily activitiesnearby islandsdirt roadvillage tourdaily shuttleoutdoor showerprivate islandfire showfishlounge roommeal timesschool holidayspaddle boardsdeck chairs
Reviewed 5 June 2012

We adored Eratap Beach Resort and would go back in a heartbeat. The design and set up is fabulous, the location sublime and the staff were just terrific. Everything was so wonderful that you need to look up a thesaurus with the word "amazing" just to describe everything accurately. Food-wise and cocktail-wise, we were in Heaven. So much so that we ate every meal at the resort. I also had a daily massage while we my husband hired the resort's boat and driver and went out fishing. Thank you so much for a much-needed relaxing and couples-orientated holiday.

Room Tip: We had a 1-bedroom villa and it was the second one from the restaurant. Others have commented that the more secluded villas are great, but I adored ours.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DrewKor
Reviewed 28 May 2012

Have just arrived home from spending nine glorious days at Eratap and can say that from the time you are picked up by Robert at the airport to the time you leave is an outstanding experience. Tony, Louisa and Pascalle and all their wonderful team,Sharon, Jenny and Walter and many more go out of their way to make your stay a truly memorable one.
We stayed in Honeymoon Villa 11 ( the stuff dreams are made of) and had our own private beach and plunge pool. The view was amazing and the villa was beautiful-roomy and comfortable.
The food is great ( cudos to Candy and her team) and I tried nearly everything on the menu as well as the specials. Room service is available all day and never a problem. There is a tranquil and peaceful feel about the whole place - the grounds are immaculately kept as is the pool. It is a special place to relax and unwind. The massages are unreal ( try the hot stone massage).
In response to a review on trip advisor that said the noise of the waves on the beach keeps you awake at nigh ah 'duh" it is called Eratap BEACH Resort?
While there if possible take a trip with Air Safaris to Tanna Island - Captain Matt lands on the ashbed of the volcano and you are greeted by the natives of the island. Definitely a not to be forgotten experience. Eratap village is a must see and so is the resort's fire dancers and cultural musicians.
So - I would just like to thank everyone at Eratap for allowing us to stay in their little piece of paradise - we will definitely be back!
Regards Karen and Mark,

Room Tip: Honeymoon Villas 11 and 12 excellent if you want a lot of privacy. All the villas are good just depends on what you are looking for.
6  Thank Lifestylechoice
Reviewed 24 May 2012

We loved our stay at Eratap & made the most of all the activities on offer. Would highly recommend taking the kayaks out at sunrise or sunset for a paddle round the lagoon - a magical time of day.
My partner was lucky enough to be there when the surf was working & Tony was very helpful with advice on what spots were best. Partner noted that when the break was working it was on par with some of the best reef waves in the world but definately for experienced surfers only.
The room was great - we had Villa 5 a 2 bedroom 2 bathroom villa. And we enjoyed the snorkeling & the pool which we had to ourselves most of the time. The food can be a bit heavy for such a tropical environment & would have liked to have seen more salads offered.
Now for the part that put a real downer on our holiday - we were very sick with gastro for the last 2 days of our holiday & still had trouble eating for a couple of days after we returned home. Pascalle was excellent & sent soft drinks & medication to our room & kept a check on us. We only ate at the resort but we did drink lots of water. Maybe next time would be a better idea to stick to bottled water only. Overall would definately return but with medication & plenty of bottled water.

1  Thank Kazwald
TPVan, Owner at Eratap Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2012

Dear Kazwald,
As you know I am sorry that your experience was dampened by getting sick. In regards to our water I can advise that we do our utmost to ensure it is clean. Like in all of Vanuatu our water comes from under the ground but it is from our own private source - not shared by others. Once onsite it is then sterilized using a UV sterilizer and then further filtered using 0.2 micron carbon inline filters – also for our ice machines. We all drink the water from the tap here and never experience any problems but we live here and are used to this environment. As a visitor it is always best to exercise some caution when drinking water in a foreign country.
Kind regards
Tony

Reviewed 23 May 2012

After spending four nights at eratap we cannot speak highly enough of the resort. From the service to the views everything was absolutely perfect. Every meal was excellent and my wife and I are Very fussy eaters. My wife is a vegetarian and I only eat seafood or vegetarian dishes but the selection was fantastic. The rooms, villas are stunning. Spotless and beautifully presented. Everything about eratap,was great and we would not hesitate to return. Eratap sets the bar higher than any other resort in Vanuatu, we have stayed at several other locations, resorts including the supposed best properties in Vanuatu but none compare to eratap. Tony the owner and his management team showed great hospitality . The staff were great, the rooms were great, the food was great and overall the resort was very good value for money. In europe we have stayed at five star resorts charging triple the rates but eratap definitely deserves its ranking and i would argue thatit is the best resort in vanuatu. I considered possible feedback for improvement but honestly could not find anything that could be improved. We look forward to returning in the future. Mark and Linda from Australia .

Room Tip: All the rooms are great. It would be hard to go wrong.
3  Thank Mark S
Reviewed 16 May 2012

There are two aspects of Eratap that make is singular: the people who work at the resort, and the location of the resort itself.

Let me start by saying that the staff at Eratap are some of the friendliest people I've ever encountered, not just at a resort. Because the resort is so small, everyone seems to be on first name terms. We joked about how I always ordered the same drink and how I never seemed to be awake for breakfast. Some of the staff were even kind enough to teach me a little Bislama, the local language of the stunning country of Vanuatu.

The resort is located on a peninsula and the secluded vilas are scattered around its edge. The view from my bedroom was of uninterrupted sea. I could step from my villa into the warm and magnificent water and lounge there for what felt like hours. The air was revitalizing.

Now the basics:

The Food, as many others have pointed out, was perhaps the area of the resort requiring the most attention. Anything that was not from the sea seemed very stale and heavy. I would have enjoyed seeing more fruits and veggies on the menu - but alas. And I agree with many before me who desire more variety in menu choices.

The Villa was wonderful. Two large rooms and a bathroom, all decorated with elegance and simplicity. The only negative was that the wifi only worked in the evening - but the tv had more than enough channels (over 20). Most importantly, the bedroom had air conditioning, which made sleeping much more comfortable.

I enjoyed doing nothing while I was in Vanuatu. I lay in my cabana and read the days away. If, however, you were looking for an action packed vacation, this would not, in my estimation, be the ideal place to visit.

Overall, I simply wish Vanuatu was closer to Manhattan. Sadly, I do not know the next time I will be able to get to this paradise in the South Pacific.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo