We just returned from 10 nights at Eratap with our three kids, aged 12, 8 and 6. It lives up to the hype.
Eratap only allows children during certain times of the year, and it's not set up as a Fiji-type "family resort". But don't get me wrong, that's meant as a compliment, and we had a GREAT time. We wanted a very simple holiday, away from all the madness, noise, choices, etc of big city life. That's exactly what we got.
Beautiful coral reefs, bath warm ocean water, stunning views, perfect weather, wonderful food . . . and most of all faultless staff who constantly went go out of their way to look after us (Pascale, Robert, Mac, and all the wonderful ladies who served our meals). It's a testament to Eratap that service remained excellent even when the owners were away for their own holiday in Australia.
Our jaded city kids really had their eyes opened when Mac took us for a tour of his local village (his dad is the chief). They loved the kids activity put on each day: local weapon making, snorkelling, kids spa treatments, etc.
I always try to be balanced but it's hard to fault Eratap. If I was forced to come up with negatives I would only voice a couple of questions/concerns for the future:
1. Given the challenges of Vanuatu's climate and a beach-side location, will the resort's facilities remain 5-star? Eratap is only ~4 years old but already the beginnings of wear and tear are evident. Hopefully the owners will be willing to continue or even increase their maintenance and in time start a program of rolling villa renovations to ensure it doesn't become tired.
2. Another less up-market resort is about to open near Eratap (across the lagoon). Hopefully this won't impact the wonderful sense of isolation at Eratap and the feeling that you are sharing the area with the locals from the village.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia APAC, Hotels.com, Wotif.com, lastminute.com.au and Odigeo so you can book your Eratap Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eratap Beach Hotel Port Vila
- Eratap Beach Port Vila
- Eratap Beach Resort Vanuatu/Port Vila