All reviews sam's tours walking distance dive shop beds were comfortable carp dove
Reviewed 16 April 2017 via mobile

What can I say other than its very basic! There are absolutely no frills, it's an air conditioned box with a bed. The AC noisy, the bed is lumpy, there is no free WIFI and the pay WIFI was none existent. Fortunately for me, I was only staying there for 12 hours; flights leave Palau at a ridiculous time in the morning. If you were coming on your dream dive holiday and you stayed at the West Plaza, it would be a disaster!

Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 March 2017

All we needed from this hotel was to have a place to sleep the night before we boarded our liveaboard the next day; and to have a day room when we got back a week later (we had to get off the liveaboard at 8:00 a.m. and our flight out was not until 2:00 a.m. the next morning). This hotel is not fancy, and I would not want to stay here for several days. But the rooms were clean and had all we needed. The staff was very friendly. Ten steps across the driveway from the front door is a nice restaurant for breakfast. If you don't have much luggage, you can walk to where the aggressor boards. For the price, would highly recommend if you need a hotel for the same reason we needed one, or otherwise just need a clean basic room for a night or two.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 February 2017

I had a room on the first floor and I think the rooms on the second floor feel a bit more airy with the high ceiling. The room is very basic and one can tell the room is quite old - rust in the toilet, marks on the mirror/wall, fridge etc. I would't say it is super clean but it is ok. The staff were helpful. However, on one night, there was a huge cockroach just in front of the reception desk and I alerted the receptionist but she didn't take any action. I think i expected more for paying such a price but Palau is generally expensive. But I would rather pay a bit more and get a room that has a standard that is proportionate to what I pay/expect.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 November 2016

Nothing fancy, just a basic hotel. We arrived around 2am, and our room was ready. Uses a dumb waiter system to bring bags up from the lobby. Good restaurant right across from entrance, okay breakfast buffet on the water.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 September 2016

I mean the hotel is ok when you are going for diving and you do dives whole day and just taking shower and rest at the hotel. But for my opinion the hotel is too expensive for the quality they provide. There is nothing special, really not.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends