All reviews taxi ride western food water pressure diving palau fishes convenience
Reviewed 8 December 2017 via mobile

The convenience of staying at this hotel is what I love. They have their own tour programs and they even have their own dive center. I did the 3-day snorkeling tour and it was fantastic. Our guide’s name is Nina and she was wonderful and full of energy. She took us to some of the most beautiful snorkeling spots.

On the second half of my stay I did the OW diving certification training through the iPalau Dive Center. Vicky was my trainer and she is excellent. She is so passionate about the ocean. She got the sharpest vision, she helped me spotted some of the coolest fishes I’ve ever seen.

I’ve read thru some complains about how expensive it is at this hotel, but seriously it is expensive in the entire island. The certification program may seem pricy but in the end you get what you pay for. Normally in the beginning diving courses, rarely students are taken into such exotic and beautiful spots out in the ocean. But here they do. My pictures could speak for themselves.

The hotel is mainly popular with the Chinese tourists but for an English speaker I enjoy staying here very much.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

Visiting Palau last montg for 6 days. Optimum time to stay, saw Baubelahup, visited Dolphinarium, went to Japanese lighthouse ww2 and cherry on the cake was Pelelieu island with tour about amphibious landing of 1st marine div and 81st army division. Beautifull placed for snorkeling like Drop off cliff, Rose garden , Mitsubishi Zera. One Zero is also on bottom just few meters from hotel in a bay. Hotel has fabulous staff at front desk and beautifull beach with great nigh sitting out in silent area

Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 November 2017

Went to Palau for scuba diving trip and stayed 4 nights.
It's old and a bit tired. Breakfast is basic and very limited. Rooms are dated and not comfy.
Overall, it is way over-priced and you don't get what you pay for.

Stayed: December 2016
Reviewed 16 June 2017

Front desk extremely friendly. Fantastic customer service. Receptive to our questions and needs. Mgr Kenny, friendly and accommodating.
Caters to mostly Asian/Chinese. Very limited western food at hotel but there are several places close by so it's not a game breaker.
Clean,comfortable rooms. Outstanding water pressure, even on 5th floor and there was always hot water in the sink/ shower.
Will definitely return on next trip to Palau

Room Tip: Ocean view is the best
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 November 2016

The room was big. The surrounding of the hotel was why we chose it in the first place, the little beach and the water...really beautiful. There were some negative points also... The hotel was under constraction work and it was impossible to stay in your room during the day when one might wan't to escape the heat to have a nap in a cool room...you would need to have your ears removed to be able to do that! Also the hotel is very chinese oriented. The gym was non existing. The hotel's tour and water sports operator was something we did not appreciate. We hear the waters close to the hotel used to be a magnificent place to snorkel but not anymore. They have such arsenal of water toys and silly things so it's no surprise we didn't see that underwater glory anymore. You should still snorkel there, it's not completely destroyed. Make sure to watch out for the boat traffic that also comes through the area. Definately better place to snorkel was on the right side...road side. TIP: start swim to the left from the hotel beach, go around the corner and there's Sam's Tours...the best tour operator in Palau! We snorkeled there to have a cold beer and organize our dives! :) One more thing about this hotel, and I hope this issue will be sorted...one morning we went to the beach to enjoy the beauty as well as our morning coffee. There was one of the chinese men that work at the tour/watersports/towels center and he had driven one of their tour boats on the beach and he was changing it's propeller oils right there on the beach where paying guests swim! That was outrageous to us! What lack of enviroment awareness!!!
All the negatives aside, we did enjoy our stay.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple