USD 133
USD 422
Official Website
All reviewsclean sheetsnatalieinternetdivingluggage
Reviewed 8 August 2017

If Lehn's was in a "western" country it wouldn't deserve more than 1* but when you put everything into perspective you'll see that it's actually good value for money by Palauan standards.
If you're on a budget you have to make some compromises and if you're aware of that you won't have such a bad time at Lehn's.
My friend and I stayed there for a total of 8 nights, initially planning just 2-3 but we soon realized that it was the best option for that price.
I would not advise booking it in advance, it would be smarter to go there and see the rooms before booking as their quality really differs.
For instance we first looked at room #17 which had quite awful smell of mold and the windows were leaking but room #16 which is right next to it was fine. We checked two other rooms, a cheaper one on the second floor was awful in every sense while one on the first floor would have been acceptable.
Here's some quick info.

Pros:
- Spacious rooms
- Close to main street (7-10 min walk, 2-3 min drive)
- Good (PT) Internet hotspot (you still have to buy the cards, like everywhere else)
- Hot water (believe it or not, this is not a standard in Palau)
- Friendly staff

Cons:
- Not the cleanest rooms (they don't get cleaned daily, as a matter of fact you must ask every time you want them to clean your room and even when you do they don't do a great job)
- INCREDIBLY dirty linen (our duvet covers had all kinds of stains, I don't even want to guess what they were from but it was disgusting, fortunately it was hot so we wouldn't use those anyway, instead we asked for clean sheets and only used those)
- TV doesn't work (it's there but there's always some "issue" with it)

Overall, if you have a busy schedule and don't plan to spend much time in the room Lehn's could be the right place for you. It worked for us and we didn't have major complaints but it's far from anything spectacular.
Guys at the front desk were really kind, they let us leave our luggage there for 3 days before checking in and also let us use one of the rooms to shower on the last day which was really nice of them and isn't standard practice in Palau.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank JBlaze2
Natalie N, Manager at Lehns Hotel & Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2018

I'm sorry you had a bad experience with us. We are slowly improving our rooms. We do clean rooms daily. I will check on my staff on this. Thank you and I'm truly sorry.

Reviewed 18 December 2016

We were looking for affordable place to stay. Lehns motel is just that - it's pretty near to the central street and the big supermarkets. It also has a great lounge space in front of the reception. The staff is more than welcoming. And if you are lucky and they have availability, you can get one of the cheapest rooms on the island - just for 40$ with air conditioning. At first we booked only one night, but then we've decided not to look any other place, since all others are overpriced.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Petko P

Hi,

Thank you for the positive feedback. Our rooms have increased, because of the $12 hotel tax, so it's up to $52 per night. Looking forward to having you back.

Reviewed 27 September 2016 via mobile

I travel on the cheap. I'm used to humble places. However, this hotel really disgusted me. The room was clean, the shower pressure very good but the smell of mold was horrible. Even keeping the windows open (with everyone possible looking in) at night didn't help. The mattress was crappy but ok. I think the smell of mold came from the curtains, bed frame, etc which are never ever washed. The walls looked fine and so did the floor. All staff seems to be all Philippino and won't understand a word you say. Yheu charge a 5% fee for credit card payments...not sure how legal this is.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo

I'm sorry. Management has changed, so we're trying to improve our services and all.

Reviewed 31 August 2016

I must say that this hotel exceeded my expectations in terms of price/quality radio: for the lowest price in town I got a very clean room with a bathroom and aircon included. Plus a free coffee in the morning. It may be that the rooms have recently been renovated - I had no problems at all regarding cleanliness. The only minus was that, when I arrived at about 10.30am, I was told to wait till noon or pay extra to check-in early, even though the room was free. This is not very friendly... But for the price (30 USD for a single or 40 USD for a double), I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 5 April 2016 via mobile

The rooms here are dreadful! Yes they are cheap but cheap shouldn't mean filth. The plaster is off the walls, walls are dirty, bare wires hanging. Holes in the bed sheets and bigger holes in the towels.
It is however friendly and a short walk to the town.
If you don't mind a bit of rough living then the cheapness of this place is worth it as everything else is expensive in Palau.

Stayed: April 2016