See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 24 November 2016

This is a budget motel, so do not expect nothing fancy. It is perfectly located in the centre of Koror, but not on a main street, which gives some calm. Rooms are avarage and show visible signs of use. Motel is pefect if you just want a good night sleep without your budget being ruined. Use it as a base for activities like kayaking, diving tours, boat tours etc. Apart from that there is nothing interesting in the hotel area.

There is free WiFi but its quality is very bad and not reliable, and signal is weak in most rooms. Use paid Palau WiFi instead (there is reception in the hotel).

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 July 2016

This place is a budget motel in Palau (where everything is expensive), so you can´t expect so much. The rooms were clean and big, with several beds, although with few hairs in the bathroom. In the two that I sleep, there was a small functional cooler. There is no breakfast, but they offer a rustic kitchen if you want to cock your own food (however, the place is dark and not look good).

However, there are several things that you must know before to book this hotel.

1. When I arrive, nobody was waiting for me at the airport (previously arranged). So, at 300 am there are no taxis and the airport is located ca. 9 km away. I was able to reach the hotel, because a person give a ride (30$). Otherwise, I will be stucked at the airport totally helpless.

2. Nobody was at the reception (which is logic at 330 am), but although they have a phone number for late arrivals, the person which give me the ride, called and nothing.....So, I was forced to wait until 725 am when somebody show up. After near 17 hours flying that was very inconvenient.

3. The AC is very noisy, so, unless you dont care, is hard to sleep with the noise produced. In 2 rooms the noise from the AC was different, but always high.

4. They dont offer shuttle service to the airport, so, if you are departing in the morning very earlier, is better to make a reservation by your own with a tour company, The taxis stop to work at 10 pm more or less.

5. Rooms in the second floor, with no elevator. Bathroom relatively clean.

There are others places which I visited that are much better, with almost the same prices and more amenities. Please keep that on mind.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank J Francisco M
Reviewed 3 April 2016

Rooms here are large and clean, and the hotel is centrally located only a block off the main drag of Koror. Being just a little removed means it's quieter than the main road, while still being very convenient.

I booked our room over email, and they did not require a credit card. They offered to pick us up at the airport for $45. I declined, as this seemed expensive according to reports I read about taxi costs (though there are not really "taxis" per se, but rather lots of people who will give you a ride for money). Once we arrived at the airport at 11 p.m., someone from the Tourism Bureau desk called us a taxi (her friend) and he gave us a ride to our hotel for $30 with commentary thrown in. Once we arrived, after hallooing a bit, a young man finally came out and let us into our room. He was very nice, and gave us a wifi password which unfortunately did not work.

Room was large and clean, with decent air con, a fridge, TV, and phone. There was a water crisis while we were there so water was only available about 3 hours a day, which was not the hotel's fault. However, the hot water did not work even when the water was on.

The next day, there was nobody in the front office. It was Sunday, and apparently it was closed on Sunday. We also did not get any room cleaning, and had only one roll of toilet paper. Cold showers. No internet. Not a huge deal, but I had almost booked an airbnb but decided to book here because of the supposed internet access.

Finally the next day someone was in the office. We were able to get some more toilet paper, and the nice lady at the desk asked housekeeping to fix the hot water. Finally got a hot shower on day 3, and housekeeper did visit the room to straighten up every day after that. Front desk also helped us arrange a tour and let us use the office to sign the rental car paperwork (which we arranged ourselves). They were also not strict about payment, telling us to pay today... or tomorrow. We paid in cash since paying by CC would cost extra. We tried to check about the internet, but the hotel's internet does not work, despite looking like a strong signal.

On our last night, we ran into a small problem when we realized that there are no postboxes in the entire country, including the airport. We had bought postcards and philatelic stamps at the philatelic center, and asked the young man working in the office if he could mail them for us. He declined to do so, saying that he was not working the next day and didn't want anyone to get confused. He said we had to go to the post office (less than one block away), and we explained that we were leaving and would not be there when it next opened. He said, sorry!

This was not an unpleasant place to stay, but definitely a budget choice, while not actually being super cheap for what we got - we paid almost $70 a night and did not have hot water for half the stay, did not have internet, and had lackadaisical service. It is one of the cheapest non tent/shack/hostel options on the island, but just be prepared to be very easygoing.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank aneles
Reviewed 5 September 2015

We paid bill by credit card. After a month they charge to my card again. So i paid double ammount. I complained credit card company, but still no refund yet.
I am not sure this is this hotel did or card company mistake. But this is super bad experience ever.

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Petor K
Reviewed 5 January 2015

Our flight arrived around 11 pm from Narita, where we met our driver at the arrival area greated us with a welcoming smile, drive from the airport is about 20 minutes, to the capital known as Koror where it was kind of slow and not much to see cause it was late.

As we arrived at the hotel it was kind of dark but I noticed how central and convenient it was, not knowing what to expect cause the place looked kind of runned down it was probably because It was dark and I was tired. I got the front area where my room was located. I was surprised to see how clean and well maintained the rooms were.

Overall I had a nice stay at the guest lodge I would recommend it to single or couples who enjoy diving as much as I do.

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled solo