“Unassuming smaller exquisite service”
Review of La Gavotte

La Gavotte
Ranked #35 of 252 Restaurants in Noumea
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 21 August 2018

In a line up of cafes, bars and restaurants along the promenade of Citron Bay, sits a smaller quieter french restaurant with a chef who comes front of house to discuss your food requirements. As a person with allergies I really appreciated him taking the time to talk with me and then create a dish which I loved. Also non smoking here, one of the few in the bay.

Reviewed 18 July 2018

We had dined at the restaurant next door a couple of days ago, and the food here looked so good we had to try it. We were not disappointed. I had the goats cheese salad,with cider apples, my son had the Mahi-mahi and my husband the steak. All were absolutely delicious. Then it came to dessert, the crepes were lovely. My husband had the coffe platter which was an espresso and 4 mini desserts. Yes it did take a while to get served,but they were busy and once they’d taken our order it took no time at all to get our meals.

Reviewed 12 July 2018 via mobile

Food here was absolutely delicious, staff were really friendly! It was one of the few places in Nouméa which was able to cater to gluten free as galettes are made with buckwheat flower. They also made me a desert crepe on a galette so I was able to have it. So good we came back again! Highly recommend the salted caramel desert crepe.

Reviewed 20 March 2018

We came here in the evening and was too early, so we had to walk around for half an hour before they opened. Good galettes with lot of filling. For dessert we had a galette with ice cream. Quite friendly for being New Caledonia..

Reviewed 10 March 2018 via mobile

Was looking for a light lunch. Was recommended this place. Opposite beach. Great menu, can put your own crepe together. Goid wines. Lovely desserts