All reviewswashing machinethree bedroom apartmentanse vatafull kitchenking studionew caledoniaself cateringfree wifiexcellent locationhome away from homelarge balconyapartment stylereception stafffantastic viewsshower over the bathclose to shopseasy access
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

I stayed up on the 7th floor with amazing views of the beach.

The staff were always friendly helpful whether it be storing luggage, booking me an airport transfer, or directing me to the nearby supermarket. The hotel pool was refreshing.

The location is great - 2 boulangeries within walking distance (the one 5 mins walk north is even better than the one in the complex downstairs) with many restaurants and shops. Anse vata beach is a stone's throw away, and the battery hill lookout park is a leisurely 35 minute stroll. Bus number 11 and 10 drops off very close to the Hilton from the city centre. There is a washing machine in the room which is extremely convenient.

To balance the review some aspects of the hotel are showing its age - the rickety pool stairs and keycard device of my room door running out of battery.

However overall I had a wonderful stay and would love to return.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Hilton Nouméa L, Responsable relations clients at Hilton Noumea La Promenade Residences, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

SERVICE RELATION CLIENT HILTON NOUMEA LA PROMENADE RESIDENCES

Reviewed 30 March 2018

We stayed for several nights for a work/holiday trip. The staff were fantastic, the room was great and the view lovely. Rachel on reception was absolutely amazing and always took the time to talk to us and give us hints and tips on great things to do. The area was expensive but the supermarket is a 15min walk away and we picked up some fantastic cheese & wine which was very affordable and picked up some fresh bread on the walk back to the hotel to enjoy on our deck whilst the sun set.

Stayed: February 2018
Hilton Nouméa L, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Noumea La Promenade Residences, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

SERVICE RELATION CLIENT HILTON NOUMEA LA PROMENADE RESIDENCES

Reviewed 20 March 2018

We stayed 4 nights here and was looking forward to this as we had been very well received at Hilton Fiji as Gold members. However, the staff at this hotel has been the most unfriendly in our whole RTW trip in 10 weeks. My husbands hotel room card stopped working and instead of getting help at the reception, they were very rude to him. The unisex gym is a big joke, an old storage room converted to a humid gym. The women gym was fresh and overlooking the ocean, although only access during a couple of hours per day.. I have stayed in many Hilton hotels and this is not up to the standard. The apartment looked good at first sight with large balcony, but the kitchen equipment was very old and half broken. Hundreds of ants everyday on the floor and in the sink. The pool was very boring rectangular small, looked like it belonged to a B & B instead of a Hilton large hotel. We had read that New Caledonia was supposed to be gastronomic experience but the restaurants were really over priced with regards to the quality they served. The rest of the Pacific Islands are way better.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Upgradeisachoice
Hilton Nouméa L, Responsable relations clients at Hilton Noumea La Promenade Residences, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2018

Thank you for staying with us at Hilton Nouméa La Promenade Résidences.
We were sorry to learn that you were disappointed with your recent stay at the hotel.
We always endeavor to offer the highest level of service and it would appear that on this occasion that we failed to meet your expectations.
Hopefully we will have another opportunity to welcome you back the next time you are in New Caledonia.

Reviewed 10 March 2018 via mobile

They know how to look after diamond guests and their upgrades are fantastic. Check in staff friendly, the restaurant at dinner was outstanding, great service great food. What let them down was breakfast no food choices failure to refill and absolutely no taste. It’s worth the stay as there are better places under the hotel for breakfast.

Stayed: March 2018

We're happy to hear that you like the hotel
We are sorry for the restaurant, please accept our apologies.

Reviewed 8 March 2018

I have been holding off writing this review as my travel agent was trying to negotiate a partial refund for what I think was a rip off upgrade charge! We stayed here at the hotel over Xmas & paid what you would expect for that time of year....around $2000AUD pw. I had originally booked through a 3rd party website, but then my agent said they had a deal on for a room upgrade that guaranteed a wide balcony, 6th floor or higher & a fantastic view. Given that some previous reviewers had complained about looking over a roof top & having little or no view, I was prepared to pay for this guarantee. It cost us another $300 AUD on top of the $2000. After all, it was unlikely I would do this again in the near future. Well imagine my dismay when I visited our friends apartment in the other block (B) on the 4th floor which had 2 balconies, with sun lounges AND a table & chairs looking directly over the water. Our room in comparison, was on the side in A block with a TINY balcony that barely fitted the table & 2 chairs. Forget the sun lounges or access to the other balcony that was off our bedroom that had NOTHING on it! I was furious. What a rip off. The managers have been absolutely obstinate about this oversell & refuse to refund the upgrade costs. It is a shame that I feel so ripped off as it didn't have to be this way. I would never recommend this place to anyone and believe me I have been asked many times by our friends, who are avid travellers like us, what we thought about the hotel. I would recommend that they look at Le Meridien or the Chateau Royal across the bay. At least there, you get what you pay for. On a positive note, Rachel the manager at the actual hotel is fantastic. So helpful to guest who are there. This dispute was not with her. We ate in-house on the 1st night & the food was appalling & incredibly expensive. I ordered a fillet (which was nice & tender, I must say) but the accompaniment was just COLD chips! My husband had something he didn't enjoy - but can't remember what it was. And we had a drink each. That was it. Can you believe it, that a meal like that cost 2 of us $170AUD. Noumea is not cheap people, beware. I am so disappointed as I was really looking forward to this week away. It has left us feeling very unhappy.

Stayed: December 2017