Lowest prices for your stay
USD 228
Free cancellation until 24/06/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
USD 227
Official Site
USD 227
eDreamsUSD 228
TravelocityUSD 227
Trip.comUSD 231
All reviews overwater bungalow sea snakes buffet dinner water sports huge bathroom romantic getaway swim up bar mainland escapade island deck french seagulls flippers weekends tahiti language
Selected filters
Reviewed 19 April 2016

Second visit, staying in a garden bungalow this time. Spacious and well appointed. On such a tiny island everything is close and the different sides of the island provide different snorkelling opportunities only minutes from your door. Not the place if you're seeking bright lights but incredibly relaxing and peaceful.

Room tip: All good but more water views with premium prices
Date of stay: April 2016
1  Thank LouG2711
Reviewed 13 April 2016

After reading a review from Amanda M on 18 January 2016 I took a photo of her review and had it on my phone so I could follow her instructions - my aim was to get to Escapade Island without paying a fortune for a tour so we took a quick look at the market and headed to the ferry terminal at Port Moselle to try and find the Escapade Island ferry. It was the last shed/hut and we booked our return ferry ride to Escapade Island (AU$45pp) departing at 11.30am (there may be earlier departure times) on a large ferry and left the island on our return trip at 2.30pm. We didnt eat or drink on the island but our main goal was to snorkel and swim with the turtles. We were the envy of our cruise friends when we arrived back on board sharing about our time at this magnificent island setting, swimming with turtles in the blue waters underneath the overwater bungalows, this is what dreams are made of and if you can do it, you must, it was the absolute highlight of our cruise and a huge thanks to Amanda M

Date of stay: February 2016
4  Thank Jenni L
Reviewed 2 April 2016

My wife and I love the Islands, we had been to Noumea twice before First time on a Cruise the second was for a week in a Hotel in Anse Varta. When we sailed out of the port we saw L Escapade and said we would like to go there for a holiday.
We had booked an Overwater Bungalow and it was superb. The layout was the best we have had so far and good Wi-Fi Internet which was free. The staff were friendly and obliging, the Buffet was by far the best quality we have experienced with Buffets (and we have tried quite a few around all the Islands) The buffets were buy one and get the other free so it was VERY good value. Yes, we saw a snake, yes we saw lots of Turtles and yes we saw lots of Coral. Other people have put not so nice reviews for L Escapade but we thought it was superb. Thanks to all the staff for a fantastic holiday.

Room tip: Overwater Bungalow is the best.
Date of stay: March 2016
1  Thank cdwall2016
Reviewed 28 March 2016

I'm reviewing this now because I wasn't on Trip adviser at the time.

I had always wanted to stay in a bungalow over the water but when we looked at Tahiti it was out of our price range we had a wonderful travel agent who found these for us.
We loved it we arrived in Noumea late in the day so we arranged to have a boat take us to the Island arriving in the evening was quite a trip but really exciting we were met at reception with a welcome drink and then a lady explained everything to us about our stay and checked us in. I loved our room it was beautiful.
it was exactly how I imagined it would be, when we went out onto the balcony it looked right out onto the ocean and there was stairs that when you stepped onto them they lowered into the water it was magical and then you had tropical fish come up around the water amazing.
Being our honeymoon we didn't really want to go far the pool looked inviting but we spent most of our swimming time in the sea from our balcony.
The restaurant was a mix of french and local food our only setback was not being able to speak the language to the staff so sometimes trying to explain what we wanted was a little difficult not that that was a reflection on the staff at all as under the circumstances they always tried to accommodate our needs and they were always really pleasant. saying that it taught me a lesson about going overseas so i now try to at least be able to communicate for basic things when I'm in a non English speaking country.
The bathroom was lovely and the Bed was really comfortable. We really just took advantage of being able to be alone we lay on the lounges on the balcony read, had room service and enjoyed each others company. It was just what we wanted out of a holiday after all the Preparations and stress of a wedding lol.
We took the boat over to Noumea during our stay and went to the local markets which was fun.
There is activity's to do on the Island and it is small but lovely to walk around.
We arranged to do a scuba dive through the hotel which was amazing it was my first so I was blown away by the coral and the fish. The instructor was very patient.
We loved it and came back feeling refreshed and ready to start our new marriage together.
Maybe I remember this through misty eyes but I would definitely recommend it for a Honeymoon.

Room tip: For the over the water bungalows try get the one at the end of the pier
Date of stay: April 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
GLPhotelsNoumea, Directeur D'Exploitation at DoubleTree by Hilton Noumea Ilot Maitre Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2016

Thank you for having shared with us your comments. To improve our services we shall inform our teams.

Reviewed 27 March 2016

There is little here that met or exceeded expectations. Things were disappointing all round. There was no orientation, welcome or guidance to the property. Don't make the mistake of getting an early transfer to the island before check in as they will not give you pool towels to enjoy the facilities, plus they will not let you access your bag in the luggage room to get dressed after a swim which means you cannot enter the lunch area. And on that,lunch options is only the buffet at 95AUD per head!! The pool bar was closed supposedly due to bad weather yet it was calm, not raining and the trees were not moving. The next day, after complaints from several guests, they opened but you still had to get out of the pool, order inside and they deliver to the pool. The pool itself was mouldy around the bar and debris was not cleaned for days so the surface and bottom of pool was extremely dirty. We went to go paddle boarding on the calm flat waters but was informed that water sports were closed due to bad weather. The overall service and lack of service was appalling and whilst we complained several times to right things, the general reaction was a shrug of the shoulders. I suggest, for the price, you find somewhere better.

Date of stay: March 2016