“50th birthday dinner”

Cuisines: French, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018

I organised my 50th birthday dinner here on the 2nd of April, 2018. What a lovely spot to have a dinner party. The staff were excellent, the location is incredible as you can see into the ocean with plenty of lights to attract the sea life at night and they give bread to you so you can feed the fish if you so desire. It really is a wonderful experience. I had the prawns and my husband had the lamb, both were delicious. When it came to having our desserts, I was presented with a beautiful plate with 'Happy Birthday' written in French in chocolate and a small cake and candle. Such a lovely thought! And the dessert was yummy. Thank you Le Roof!!

Morgane P, Responsable commercial at Le Roof, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

Bonjour Looly 1,
We would like to thank you for having taken the time to share your experience at Le Roof.
It is with a great pleasure that we have shared your review with the all team, and we are proud to have reach your expectations.
Thank you for your time, we hope to see you again for your next stay in Nouméa.
Best regards

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Great location
Staff friendly
Good wine list
Very expensive for what you get
$170 per head. 4 people.2 entrees each. 2 beers 1 bottle wine
Location is beautiful though

1  Thank Lisalewy67
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

I booked on resa.nc and we were granted 15% off.
They knew it was my son ‘s birthday.
The kids were given old bread to give away to the fish. They were delighted.
Meal for kid is only 2000frs with drink and dessert included. Choice between meat or fish with fries, rice or veggies.
And for the desert, they brought him a plate with happy birthday written on it with a candle and a little cake. He was so happy.
As for the parents, I had the “cromequis”, vegetarian choice, very tasty.
I HIGHLY recommend TO GO THERE. The location is just unique. Staff so lovely. They look after every one. Amuse bouche is brought to everyone. Thank you for that memorable moment.

1  Thank Geraldyne1601
Morgane P, Responsable commercial at Le Roof, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Bonjour Geraldyne1601,
Thank you for your time, we hope to see you again.
Best regards

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

Setting is lovely. Service was very average. I ordered a rack of lamb, and got a shank. Didn’t at all taste like lamb, maybe goat?? Was sooo tough and the flavor was drowned by the sauce. My friend had the crayfish; this was over cooked, tough and rubbery, and burnt on the top. Of course they only had the 2 kg crayfish, so this cost over $300. Such a waste of a good crayfish!! Never again will I visit this place!

2  Thank Chloe B
Reviewed 25 March 2018

Nice view on a nice sunny day, but nothing really flash, food average, not all staff friendly and very expensive for what it is.

Not much in Noumea isn't expensive and french influnce