All reviews north side grocery store great hotel would stay here again amelia earhart small town in town front desk room was clean devices elevator pillows
Reviewed 4 October 2018

2 nights in a row at new Inns. Here and Hannibal Mo.
Not really impressed by either one. Hannibal,2 kiosks no one was there. Had to use phone to contact desk clerk. Room has a roller door to divide bedroom from bathroom.
New type shades on window. Raised and lowered by continuous roller chain.
1 office chair on rollers. Other was for lack of a better description was a short chaise lounge with 1 armrest. Very uncomfortable.
Receptionist was on computer and I waited until she was through to ask her if someone could set the closed captioning on the t v. She stuck her nose back in the computer and asked we what channel I wanted to watch.
St. Joseph, shades had a switch on far wall for raising and lowering them,had to ask front desk how to operate the blinds.2 chairs, 1 an office type with wheels and other had seat that was about a foot off the floor.
As usual reasonable prices, clean rooms and friendly employees.
Just do not like the new modern inns.

Date of stay: October 2018
Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

The staff at this hotel was amazing. From the front desk to breakfast room you couldn’t even ask for a nicer or more helpful staff. The stay was quiet and restful. The room was very comfortable, modern and clean, with a good breakfast and plenty of coffee throughout the day. I stayed on the north side so just had a view of the parking lot and the grocery store, however avoided the train noise. Walking distance the many downtown restaurants. I would stay here again.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 3 September 2018

Just a few weeks ago I spent the weekend at the Holiday Inn Express in Atchison. I was in town for a family wedding. The service I received at this hotel was extraordinary! Each staff member I came into contact with were gracious and more than helpful. The morning breakfast buffet was great! There was something for everyone on this buffet. What was to be served hot, was indeed hot. And what was to be served cold, was indeed cold. All the food was fresh! This hotel has all the amenities you want including a gym and pool. No excuses for not exercising while you travel! Don't be a "couch potato"! There is no excuse! The hotel has a very good business center so you can catch up with what is going on at the office or at home. The rooms are "roomy" and quite comfortable. The mattresses and pillows were GREAT! Honestly I cannot say enough about this wonderful hotel in small town Atchison.

I would also like to recognize two outstanding staff members I met during my stay. The first is Krista who worked at the reception desk. Krista was fantastic and checked my cousin and me into our room when we arrived. She provided excellent information and was so accomodating. But what should be noted the first night we were there it was about 10 pm and we were sitting on the patio when an ambulance arrived at the front door. We waited to go back in. Krista, who also is an LPN, was handling a medical emergency with one of the guests. I was so impressed about what she did and how she handled everything!

Secondly, I would like to show my appreciation to Megan Salisbury. Wow! What an enthusiastic staff member Megan is!! She is somewhat new to the community but you would think she has been there for years. She is an excellent ambassador for the hotel and for the community of Atchison. Megan assisted me one morning in the Breakfast Buffet and I was so happy for her help! Meghan is a ray of sunshine!

I do recommend when you are in Atchison you stay at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites!

Date of stay: August 2018
Reviewed 13 August 2018 via mobile

We only stayed one night, but we really enjoyed our stay. The staff at the front desk was friendly and informative. And Maria, our housekeeper was very helpful and quick to accommodate for our needs, especially for our little one.

Date of stay: August 2018
Reviewed 31 July 2018 via mobile

This hotel was perfect! The lobby area is clean, bright, and inviting. The staff was friendly, efficient and helpful. The rooms were spacious and comfortable with great attention to detail. The pool area was clean and bright. Breakfast was great with many options to meet all of my family’s tastes. We were surprised at how quiet the hotel was, which was a welcomed change from what we experienced the previous night at another establishment. This is definitely the place to stay when in or around Atchison!!

Date of stay: July 2018