ADVENTURE KOKODA 8 Day History Trek Australian Led

Book in advance
from
AU$5,379.00
per adult
Check availabilityView full product details

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
Ways to Experience Kokoda Track
from AU$5,379.00
from AU$5,760.00
from AU$6,148.00
More Info
All reviews trek leader charlie lynn his team an amazing experience life changing experience day trek second to none his knowledge personal porter hard work once in a lifetime every night bucket list every step of the way battle sites tour company world war
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 October 2023

What an amazing experience. Went with No Roads Expeditions. So well run and the guides were awesome. Food was excellent. Even had pizza one night. Not for the faint hearted. A good level of fitness required. Matt, our guide from No Roads, was excellent. Provided valuable info at various points along the track about the war and what happened in each area. A thoroughly tough but enjoyable experience.

Reviewed 18 October 2023

Just got back from walking the Kokoda Track with a private group of 6 friends, guided by Aussie Company - No Roads Expeditions. I couldn't recommend them highly enough for their professionalism, information leading into the trek (training programs, packing hints, preparation ideas) as well as on track with our guide Gavin. We always felt safe and ready to conquer whatever the day ahead threw at us. The local porters and staff were amazing and so helpful. Definitely look into using No Roads if you are thinking of doing Kokoda.

Reviewed 15 October 2023

I felt like a fish out of water. I can’t reinforce enough how hard this hike is, both physically me mentally. I couldn’t have completed it without the help of the group but specifically the incredibly positive and leadership of both Jake and Brody. I gassed out due to dehydration, lack of salt and sugar, and they worked with me to unlock the problem, enabling me to push on.

The experience will build you up, drag you down, and force you to find a way to place one foot in front of the other.

You’ll bond with your team, find learnings about yourself, marvel at the history and respect greatly the local PNG people.

I’ll never forget it, I’m still unpacking my learnings, but if you want to put yourself in an extremely uncomfortable place to push your mind body and soul, you’ll never regret it!

1  Thank Shane S
Reviewed 10 October 2023

The experience was amazing, the care that the porters have for the trekkers is un parallelled and the support of the trek leaders is amazing. The lunch got a little repetative but thats the nature of the kokoda trail. the terrain was for every changing an it was awesome. when you got to camp and the tents were all set up and ready it was a reilief knowing you could slam your pack down and chill in the river and get stuff ready for the following day.

the friendships made are forever lasting and the experiences will stick with me forever.

Date of experience: September 2023
1  Thank Patrick A
Reviewed 24 September 2023

The success of the defence on the Kokoda Track by Australian military forces only occurred due to the assistance of the local villages. Without this help history would have been different. Therefore as a trekker wishing to truly experience the Kokoda Track you need to embrace the local villagers.
Unfortunately the money given to the PNG government by international trekking companies is not getting back to the local villages. Locals are quite rightly disgruntled with this situation and blockades are appearing. We passed through these blockades without hinderance as the whole guide team was lead by locals, not foreigners so the villagers knew that the money was going back into local communities and not overseas.
If you wish to do the Kokoda Track think about;
- how important the locals were in creating the legend that is the Kokoda Track and pay respect to them not just the Australian military forces
- using local guides rather than overseas based organisations
It may take more effort to do this, however you will gain a better overall experience from it and will have less issues.

Date of experience: September 2023