ADVENTURE KOKODA 8 Day History Trek Australian Led

Book in advance
from
AU$5,379.00
per adult
Check availabilityView full product details

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
Ways to Experience Kokoda Track
from AU$5,379.00
More Info
from AU$5,760.00
More Info
All reviews trek leader charlie lynn his team an amazing experience life changing experience day trek second to none his knowledge personal porter hard work once in a lifetime every night bucket list every step of the way battle sites tour company world war
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 September 2018

Without a doubt the toughest physical challenge I'm yet to complete. Our guide John Nalder was the consummate professional and really made the trip itself outstanding. Still can't believe just how tough yet captivating the experience was.

1  Thank hossman10
Reviewed 31 August 2018

An amazing journey with an incredible organisation. Adventure Kokoda left nothing to chance....well organised, professional and meticulously planned the trek was informative and enjoyable with a relatively large trek group of 17 people. Highly recommend Adventure Kokoda particularly Trek Leader Chad Sherrin whose wartime knowledge was second to none. You get what you pay for.

Reviewed 30 August 2018

The Kokoda track was something I have wanted to do for so long - it was better than I expected, but also harder and very emotional. To walk in the steps of our soldiers was an amazing experience. if you are thinking of walking the track I would recommend plenty of stairs and hills with your training before going and also carrying your daily pack on these walk so get use to it. Drink plenty of water each day on the track (3 - 5 litres). We had differing ages in our group, 6 ladies aged between 34 - 66. We all completed the trek with only one blister , no sickness, no upset tummies and plenty of laughs....this is because we went with Scott and Stuart from Kokoda Campaign tours. They are two amazing men with a wealth of knowledge regarding the track ,its history and the Australian soldiers plus they continually give back to villages and the PNG people. This is not a business for them, but a passion they both share. We past a lot of the big companies trekking with their15-20 trekkers in each group...we had 6 trekkers plus our porters in our group - Kokoda Campaign Tours like to keep the group numbers to no more than 10, so they are able to keep an eye on the group, their food intake, their fluid intake and also ensure they hear all about the history of Kokoda. None of us got sick or was dehydrated and Kokoda Campaign Tours provided us with so much food - tuna, salmon, soups, chocolates lollies, protein bars, muesli bars, noodles, wraps, spreads- this was in our packs we received each day, plus we had fresh hot porridge with fruit each morning, and fresh cooked veges and rice each night - even the people living in the villages cooked for us - that's the respect these two boys have around the villages and track. I would recommend Kokoda Campaign Tours to people who want to know about the history of what happened on the track - they are not the biggest company, but they certainly are the best for cost, knowledge and caring for their trekkers and porters

5  Thank Kimmarie18
Reviewed 29 August 2018

Trek is an amazing experience but not with Intrepid. I was doing it in July.
Organization of the trip was terrible but price really high (2600 -2800 pounds).
Our guide .....oh it was impossible to understand him. First I thought - it's because of my English ( it's not my first language ) but soon I realized - nobody can't understand him. So from my point of you - the historical part didn't exist! I am not Australian i just had a tiny knowledge about the battle. Hoped I will learn more during the trip - unfortunately...nothing! Need to read about it at home.
Another thing: it's a challenging trek. You ( or maybe just me) expect that at the end of the day person who look after the group will ask: are you ok? how are you feeling/doing?
Nothing.Two guys were ill during the trip. The only thing they did - stopped trek when they were throwing out. People from the group cared after each other - sharing first kit, happy to help each other
Food - disaster. For breakfast salty crackers with jam of honey, corn flakes with powder milk.....every day. Never ate it). Dinner and lunch - boiled pasta/ noodles/ spaghetti plus breakfast set. 18 meals - PASTA. Sorry...twice we had rice. No fruits - if you want to, need to get for yourself. Didn't expect amazing meals, understand that you can't get products on the way....but other groups had really great food - so if you want to, you can organise it much better than ours.
My porter was really bad too. Here I need to admit that I was unlucky because it was just few like him! He rarely was behind me - didn't have any help/security. When he was on his place .... I don't know who saved more other bottom. He landed on my back quite few times!
Also when he finally arrived on place where we were staying ( people from the group were enjoying water, I was waiting for my porter) , very often was leaving my backpack somewhere....I had to find it.
Finally .... I had a feeling that they just going with us, we weren't a group 9 I mean a crew and people from the group). The didn't stay with us after walking, didn't' talk to us etc.
Anyway: I think that the trek is great and Kokoda can be an amazing experience.....but think twice before you'll book it with Intrepid.

Date of experience: July 2018
10  Thank annapietrasz
Reviewed 27 August 2018

An amazing and rewarding experience. I would recommend to all Australians who are in search of adventure and or war history.It was a grueling hot and humid nine days of endurance interlaced with numerous historical stories on the conditions endured and actions of the brave men of the Australian forces operating in PNG at the time, as told by our competent and engaging trek leaders..Our guides/carriers were well trained and it was good to see that management cared greatly for their well being.You need a certain level of fitness that is well documented on the website and that advice should be followed to the letter, in order to get the most from your adventure.The shared stories of the courageous actions of the soldiers, the war memorials and the dawn service at Isurava, conducted by the group will be an everlasting memory for me.