ADVENTURE KOKODA 8 Day History Trek Australian Led

Book in advance
from
AU$5,379.00
per adult
Check availabilityView full product details

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
Ways to Experience Kokoda Track
from AU$5,379.00
from AU$5,760.00
from AU$6,148.00
More Info
All reviews trek leader charlie lynn his team an amazing experience life changing experience day trek second to none his knowledge personal porter hard work once in a lifetime every night bucket list every step of the way battle sites tour company world war
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 August 2018

You are given the privilege to walk directly in the footsteps of our countries past soldiers, listen to there stories and gain a deeper understanding of what they went through. The company in a nutshell, is safe, organized, simple, and provides and extremely unique experience that is challenging and self fulfilling.

1  Thank jaques f
Reviewed 21 August 2018

I had an incredible experience! We are privileged to have Charlie Lynn as our trek leader. He has dedicated himself to help the locals and is very passionate of his craft. I appreciate all the lessons I learned from him and the discipline I've acquired during the pilgrimage.Nothing worth it comes easy. You have to prepare for the worst and train hard. The harder you train the quicker you can recover and you'll appreciate the beauty of trail and your labour. You will create great bond with your fellow co-trekkers and especially the porters. You get to be grateful of the smallest things around you and hopefully take it with you when you get back.-Paolo Santiago

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Reviewed 20 August 2018 via mobile

A group of 12 of us trekked the trail for 8 days commencing 29th July, 2018. It was absolutely amazing. Adventure Kokoda was our choice of tour operator who were absolutely fantastic. From my initial phone call to Tracie, until boarding the flight back to Sydney, they were so easy and accomodating to deal with.

I used this trek to fundaraise for the babies in the NICU at the Royal Hospital for Women, Randwick. Nothing was a problem for AK and together we raised $160 000.00. Just incredible!

Most importantly, they look after the local carriers very well. Our trek leader was Aussie Dave Sherry, who was a wealth of information and an alround good bloke.

It was a one the hardest things that I have ever done, but definitely one of the most rewarding events of my life.

If you’re going to do it, go with Adventure Kokoda!

3  Thank joedan95
Reviewed 20 August 2018

I had the most incredible experience trekking the Kokoda trail, trek leader Charlie was fantastic, I learnt a lot about WW2 and I learnt a great deal about myself in the process. I can't rate their professionalism, knowledge or enthusiasm highly enough.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
1  Thank MellyT7
Reviewed 19 August 2018

In September 2017 my brother and I visited PNG with the help of Kokoda Trail Expeditions. Our uncle John Campbell was killed in December 1942, near the village of Sanananda. For many years we had talked about visiting his grave in Bomana War Cemetery. After several months of research I was able to put together a picture of where our uncle had been during his time in PNG in 1942. I contacted John at Kokoda Trail Expeditions to ask if he could put together an itinerary for us, so that we could follow in our uncle's footsteps. Thanks to John and his team, we were able to visit our uncle's grave, and deliver a letter  that our mother had written to him 75 years earlier. John and the team were supportive and respectful during this very emotional visit. We also drove to Ower's Corner, through areas that our uncle had patrolled. The following day we flew over the Range to Poppondetta, seeing what had been Dobodura airfield where our uncle probably landed when his battalion was sent to fight, and the area where they would have marched. We visited 3 villages, and by talking to the locals and providing landmark descriptions found in the War Diaries, we were able to walk into the jungle to the approximate area where the fighting took place and where our uncle was killed. A highlight for us was visiting the village of Sanananda, and finding a plaque there which honoured the sacrifice made by the men of the 55/53rd.  It was important to us to visit the places that had significance to us, and John understood this and planned our trip accordingly. His knowledge of the area and it's history helped to make it a very special visit, and we felt well looked after with regard to transfers and meals. Our trip to Bomana and Sanananda is something my brother and I will always remember.

Date of experience: September 2017