ADVENTURE KOKODA 8 Day History Trek Australian Led

Book in advance
from
AU$5,379.00
per adult
Check availabilityView full product details

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
Ways to Experience Kokoda Track
from AU$5,379.00
from AU$5,760.00
from AU$6,148.00
More Info
All reviews trek leader charlie lynn his team an amazing experience life changing experience day trek second to none his knowledge personal porter hard work once in a lifetime every night bucket list every step of the way battle sites tour company world war
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 August 2018 via mobile

A group of 12 of us trekked the trail for 8 days commencing 29th July, 2018. It was absolutely amazing. Adventure Kokoda was our choice of tour operator who were absolutely fantastic. From my initial phone call to Tracie, until boarding the flight back to Sydney, they were so easy and accomodating to deal with.

I used this trek to fundaraise for the babies in the NICU at the Royal Hospital for Women, Randwick. Nothing was a problem for AK and together we raised $160 000.00. Just incredible!

Most importantly, they look after the local carriers very well. Our trek leader was Aussie Dave Sherry, who was a wealth of information and an alround good bloke.

It was a one the hardest things that I have ever done, but definitely one of the most rewarding events of my life.

If you’re going to do it, go with Adventure Kokoda!

Date of experience: August 2018
3  Thank joedan95
Reviewed 20 August 2018

I had the most incredible experience trekking the Kokoda trail, trek leader Charlie was fantastic, I learnt a lot about WW2 and I learnt a great deal about myself in the process. I can't rate their professionalism, knowledge or enthusiasm highly enough.

Date of experience: August 2018
Review collected in partnership with this attraction
1  Thank MellyT7
Reviewed 19 August 2018

In September 2017 my brother and I visited PNG with the help of Kokoda Trail Expeditions. Our uncle John Campbell was killed in December 1942, near the village of Sanananda. For many years we had talked about visiting his grave in Bomana War Cemetery. After several months of research I was able to put together a picture of where our uncle had been during his time in PNG in 1942. I contacted John at Kokoda Trail Expeditions to ask if he could put together an itinerary for us, so that we could follow in our uncle's footsteps. Thanks to John and his team, we were able to visit our uncle's grave, and deliver a letter  that our mother had written to him 75 years earlier. John and the team were supportive and respectful during this very emotional visit. We also drove to Ower's Corner, through areas that our uncle had patrolled. The following day we flew over the Range to Poppondetta, seeing what had been Dobodura airfield where our uncle probably landed when his battalion was sent to fight, and the area where they would have marched. We visited 3 villages, and by talking to the locals and providing landmark descriptions found in the War Diaries, we were able to walk into the jungle to the approximate area where the fighting took place and where our uncle was killed. A highlight for us was visiting the village of Sanananda, and finding a plaque there which honoured the sacrifice made by the men of the 55/53rd.  It was important to us to visit the places that had significance to us, and John understood this and planned our trip accordingly. His knowledge of the area and it's history helped to make it a very special visit, and we felt well looked after with regard to transfers and meals. Our trip to Bomana and Sanananda is something my brother and I will always remember.

Date of experience: September 2017
3  Thank JRG210
Reviewed 17 August 2018

Could not be more grateful for the opportunity, I did not know the group beforehand and I had the most amazing time! I could not rate the tour guide or porters and POM staff enough, even the travel consultant in Melbourne. It was a positive and moving experience from start to finish - and I will definitely do it again.

Date of experience: July 2018
2  Thank CourtneyN256
Reviewed 16 August 2018

Dear No Roads,

No words can completely explain the unforgettable experience we had in Kokoda from July 1st to July 11th. We don’t even know where to start this feedback.

The lead up to the Trek, the customer care and professionalism that you all provided was faultless. Sami and I (Nivanthi) have never camped before and so we believed we went from 0-100. We both had pre-injuries ( Hip injury) and medical issues yet we still conquered the trek.

As a group from Vision Personal Training Parramatta, NSW we bonded so much. Out of 7 trekkers, only 2 had experienced camping. We grew as a group.

We formed great friendships with the porters and they became family to us on the trip. They would play pranks on us and we would play pranks on them. We still continue to have contact with some of them over Social media. Sami and I can't praise the porters enough. We felt safe and treasured by them. We felt as if they were our own family members the way they looked after us.

The boys were amazing: Lester (Joy's saviour), Clement (Miguels companion), Tuxan (Niv and Samis Saviour), Eddie (Erickas Saviour), Ian (Best Chef ever, he needs to be on Masterchef), Lemek (Tonys Saviour),Dimspon (Payals Saviour).

Most importantly was our Australian guide, Phil. Nothing we can say can really justify the service and care he provides for all of us. He was engaging when it came to talking to us about the history of the track. He spent quality time with each and one of us on a daily basis to make sure we were okay.

He bonded with us so well and we cannot thank him enough for the effort he showed us throughout the trek. As for me (Niv) he really taught me about having boundaries and learning to take risks and being able to switch off. Never in my life have I been able to switch off and now coming back from the trip I crave that feeling. My mind craves that feeling. I will never forget the lessons he taught me on the trip and I'm forever grateful for that.

Samis comment: Phhiiiillll I can’t thank you enough for the constant advice and support you provided to me whilst on the trek. Your wisdom and caring nature helped me grow as a person. The highlight Phil was when you went out of your way to help in on Day 3. I will never forget that. Thank you.

This trip meant a lot to me as an Australian. I am originally from Iran and migrated here a few years ago. Embarking on this journey with No Roads made me feel proud Australian. I have a strong Persian accent and I always felt like an outsider in this country as people used to make fun of the way I spoke but now I feel so much more of an Australian by completing the Kokoda Trek.

Kokoda trek with No roads changed our life.

We would definitely recommend No Roads to everyone and again we can't thank you all enough for providing with an excellent Australian guide and excellent porters who in turn became our family.

Samina and Nivanthi