Book In Advance
Tours from Kokoda Track tend to sell out - travellers recommend booking in advance!
Why Book on TripAdvisor?

from USD 3,249.99
from USD 8,499.99
from USD 1,499.99
More Info
All reviews escape trekking adventures charlie lynn owers corner dawn service his team day trek his knowledge trek leaders an amazing experience life changing experience second to none fellow trekkers bomana war cemetery once in a lifetime every step of the way war history his passion
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Thanks to Mick and Nicole from Australian Kokoda Tours and the amazing team of PNG porters.

If your looking for a safe and reliable operator that provides a good mix of local cultural knowledge and military history then Australian Kokoda tours is the ideal choice.

There’s nothing like crossing that finish line with a group of old and new mates and feeling satisfied that you’ve honoured your commitment to the people that helped raise funds and support your chosen charity.

It’s not an easy 8 days but put quite simply its exhilarating.

Date of experience: March 2018
2  Thank Trip106881
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

To walk in the footsteps of so many brave and resilient men, was an honour and left me speechless. The rugged untamed beauty of this mountainous terrain will have you breathless, with exhaustion and overwhelming emotion.
I hiked with Aurora Adventures and loved every moment. So much so that I am heading back agin April 2018 to walk in the opposite direction. 96kms of effort will leave you bursting with pride. Without the efforts of these few soldiers Australian may not be the country it is today. 1 tough track!!!!

Date of experience: May 2017
3  Thank Brad N
Reviewed 30 March 2018

If you were thinking about trekking PNG's Kokoda Track, do it! And, do it with Mick O'Malley's team at Australian Kokoda Tours (AKT)!

Why? Plenty of preparation - they make sure you are ready to go. Great experience there - fantastic, helpful group of local porters who will become your friends. Relive and realise the history. It's a great tribute if you happen to have a family WWII connection. Even if you don't have a family member who served there, your heart will be opened by the stories and sights you will see with AKT.

10 sensational days of your life in a new world. Terrific sites where our diggers fought on WWII battlefields. And, glorious and dramatic countryside and jungles which are the homes of some amazing people you meet on the Track. Swim the rivers. Learn the history. Hear about the legends. Pay tribute at the memorials. Walk in the footsteps of heroes from both sides of the battles.

You'll be well fed. There's security and first aid expertise. Meet the local villagers and you'll have them singing to you after dinner. Enjoy the humour. At the end, walk through the arches and visit the breathtaking Bomana War Cemetery. Then have a celebratory dinner with your new friends and understand what you have just achieved! You will tell your friends about this experience for a long time afterwards.

So few Australians have been to PNG. Go there with AKT and experience and live it.

General

Date of experience: July 2017
1  Thank KagiGeneral
Reviewed 1 March 2018

they targeted exservice people /pensioners in their late 60s early 70s .the tour was done by tour manager Fiona smith of no roads expeditions and historian david howell of Kokoda historical they change the itinerary every day except last day. at the northern beaches david howell the historian was carrying a gun for the 3 days we were there. I grumbe to Fiona of no roads about the food and accommodation and notice david howell standing 3 feet away looking at me with a gun in hand and I though I better disappear Fiona of no roads spent a full day teaching the native women how to do their montheys while we sat around talking then david howell took us up to the Higgins roadblock we we didn't make it he lost about 6 people in the PNG jungle when we found them 3 hours later I saw him hit a black guy in the back of the head and sai it was his f..king fault for not doing his job on talking to Fiona about this tour I was told to like it or lump it that was the way they did things in PNG .

Date of experience: November 2017
4  Thank kevinhP9017VH
Reviewed 24 January 2018

In June 2017, I walked the Kokoda Trek with my son and his daughter in memory of my granddaughter’s great-grandfather who fought on the trek in WWII. We were part of a small group of 5 trekkers and their porters.
I would like to thank the organising team of Kokoda Trail Expeditions, and especially our guide John, for an awesome Kokoda experience! Walking the Kokoda Track was an incredible journey.
Our guide John was fantastic – he was so thoughtful, considerate, observant, and experienced. He was very supportive, particularly on the days when I struggled (as an almost 70-year-old lady). His daily briefings, as well as briefings at the battle sites, were well planned and very informative.
The local porters did an amazing job. They were very attentive to each trekker and did everything to ensure our safety and enjoyment. ‘Chef’ created interesting and tasty meals every day and I was particularly thankful for the never-ending patience and support of my porter Levi, who was with the ‘old lady’ every step of the way. I will never forget Pontic and the rest of the team trying to teach us the song ‘It’s not an easy Road’. So very appropriate for our journey and a very special memory!
My granddaughter had her 16th birthday at Eora Creek. John had organised a surprise birthday party for her, which was wonderful, especially after a gruelling day. Chef had prepared a birthday cake and the porters sang “Happy Birthday” and a number of other songs. Truly great!
How quickly one forgets the pain but remembers all the special moments. I certainly consider completing the trek as an experience of a lifetime. Our fellow trekkers were good company and easy to get along with, and the combination of physical and mental stress, coupled with the historical importance of the track and unbelievable beauty of the area where we trekked, made the whole experience a dream come true.
I would honestly say that I would not change one aspect of the entire experience. We definitely chose the right group to go with. Well done Kokoda Trail Expeditions!

Date of experience: June 2017