• Very friendly and helpful staff.
• The hotel (which was a former Palace) has great architectural details. In fact, the General Manager (a female) is actually an architect.
• A/C worked great!
• Nice water pressure and plentiful hot water.
• Breakfast was good (but not great). No hot food, but a nice array of coffee/ juices, yogurt, fresh fruits, ham and cheese, and breads (breakfast is included).
• They have high-end glycerin soaps which smell wonderful!
• Graciela, who runs the front desk and reservations, is extremely helpful and knows very good English.
• Very clean hotel.
• WI-FI is good (and free!) I was able to do Skype audio calls with no problems, and even a bandwidth intensive video call once.
• Rate is cheaper if you contact the hotel directly and pay cash or debit card (vs. hotel booking web sites).
• Extremely good value for what they charge! (my single rate was 190,000 – about $45 USD).
• Although the night staff doesn’t know English, they make a good attempt at it via Google Translator.
• There’s a gas station which has a convenience store that stays open 24/7 just 1.5 blocks away.
• There is a laundromat right next to the hotel – very reasonable prices.
• The hotel has these beautiful balconies, but no chairs or table on them. I took a chair from the room and temporarily put it out there.
• There is a lot of street noise (traffic) at this hotel. On Monday to Thursdays, it usually dies down around midnight. But on Fridays and Saturdays, it doesn’t die down until 3A. Usually noise doesn’t bother me at all – here it did sometimes.
• On Sundays, 99% of Asuncion shuts down (restaurants, stores, convenience stores, etc). Make plans on watching TV or reading a book that day. The front desk can point you to a restaurant six blocks (Boli or something like that), and McDonalds & Burger King is open that day too.
• Definitely see a Futball (American Soccer) game – even if you don’t like the game. What an incredible experience!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, lastminute.com.au and Booking.com so you can book your Asuncion Palace Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.