“Friendly staff” 5 of 5 bubbles

Big room
Good value

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Costa Mesa, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2011

Hotel Casa Real is located in a very safe, upscale section of Bogota. I stayed here for 3 nights with 2 friends. We were traveling to Aruba for a destination wedding, and decides to spend a few days in Bogota before heading to the wedding. Firstly, the hotel staff at Casa Real was extremely accommodating in all aspects of our stay. They were very courteous and helpful. While most of their English is very limited, there was one person on the staff that spoke fluent English. When you first walk-in to hotel Casa Real, you will notice the cool looking spiral staircase in the center of the lobby. The hotel offers a nice breakfast buffet with omelets, juice, coffee, Danishes, fruit, cereal, etc. There is restaurant with lots of great selections and a full service bar.

My friends and I stayed in a grand suite on the 3rd floor. The room had a very large bathroom, Jacuzzi bath tube, small balcony, large living room with a couch, kitchen, and a private bedroom. There was a fireplace in living room, but we never tried to use it. Overall, the room was large and clean and we were pleased with our decision to stay at hotel casa real.

Sleeping was easy at night, as there was little to no foot traffic on our street and we didn't hear any street noise at all. I would highly recommend staying here.

Room Tip: My friends and I thought prior to arriving that the grand suite came with 2 double beds. However, i...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank James T
catalinaholguin, Public Relations Manager at Casa Real, responded to this review, 12 November 2011
Dear Guest:

I really appreciate your amazing and thorough review of Casa Real. I am speechless. Thanks! We hope to have you again at Casa Real.
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2011

I stayed at the Casa Real, which is in the "nice" part of Bogotá (toursits should not venture into unsafe quarters). I had never been to that city, but wanted to visit, though I felt uneasy because of the usual news on TV. I overcame my fears, although things did not go well at first. On arrival late at night at El Dorado Internationla Airport, there was pandemonium at the customs, the taxi stand, etc., and I was worn out when I checked into the Casa Real, so I did not notice much until the next morning.
The Casa Real is actually quite a charming and stylish posada hotel, Hispano-Colombian style. The staff are very helpful, the morning coffee buffett is tasty and plentiful. As for the rooms, travelers who are not South Americans (which I am), will probably have to get used to the fittings, all in typical veined black marble. Ventilating the room seems strange, as there is no airconditioning, but the weather was cool and sometimes sunny (don't know how it would be in summer though). Also, there is not a clock in sight, To compensate, hotel guests have access to computers and a first-class laundry service. In fact, I got over the differences quickly.
Visit to the old colonial quarter of Candelaria (go by taxi only) is obligatory. This is a a colonial jewel, with cobbled streets and a large cathedral. Unfortunatley, the central plaza and surroundings are much damaged by graffitti, dirt, etc. and an army of doves and their droppings. On the good side, it is full of typical, noisy, happy eateries serving tasty Colombian cuisine. There are the many museums here, of which the "Museo del Oro" is one of the best in the world. There are also other unforgettable sights in Bogota, such as Montserrate mountain, as well as the restaurant quarter, near the Casa Real itself. In the end I left Bogota, its polite citizens and Casa Real with a sigh.

Room Tip: Junior of larger suites have large balconies, very sunny when weather is fine. Downpours are heavy...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank evergreen-oldboy
Dear Guest:

You have described wuite well our city, Bogota, with its contrasts and surprises. At Casa Real we also strive to positively surprise our guests. I am glad our staff was kind, friendly and helpful. We hope to have you again at Casa Real. Happy travels!
Hyeres, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2011

A beautiful cosy, modern and very comfortable place. If you want to feel like being at home, with a caring personnel doing their best to please you, this is the place where to stay.
At the same time, you will be close to everything the modern Bogota has to offer : shopping malls, fine restaurants, etc...
I enjoyed my stay and I thank everybody at Casa Real for their care and attention.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Antoine C
catalinaholguin, Public Relations Manager at Casa Real, responded to this review, 21 October 2011
Dear Guest: Casa Real thanks you for taking the time to write such a great review and spreading the word on the quality of our staff, location and services. We hope to have you with us again.
Buffalo, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2011

An absolutely wonderful small hotel in a great area of Bogota near Parque 93. Our stay was a total delight. Breakfast was included and excellent. The hotel was very quiet and we slept like babies. Interesting painting of doors by an artist. Bed was very comfortable. Room was spacious and the rate was quite reasonable. Wifi was fast and worked flawlessly. I would recommend and will stay there in the future.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Thundarr357
catalinaholguin, Public Relations Manager at Casa Real, responded to this review, 14 October 2011
Dear Guest,

Thanks for taking the time to write about Casa Real and telling the world-wide community of travelers about our services. We strive everyday to keep up the great service. By the way, each door of Casa Real is completely original and different. They were painted by a local artist and do give the hotel its characteristic charm! We hope to see you again.