1,156 results
All reviews zona rosa great hotel restaurants and shopping concierge staff t zone fitness room walking distance excellent location andino mall the general manager great bed room service great area well located hotel four seasons breakfast buffet spent nights
Reviewed 4 May 2008

This is a charming hotel in the middle of a great area in Bogota. It is close to a gourmet area and also 10 minutes by taxi from the financial district.

This is a 100 rooms hotel decorated with good taste. It is newly refurbished and up dated. I have stayed in several hotels in Bogota and this stands out.

The rooms are very good althougt a little bit small. They have a lot of details (new furniture, fethered linen, closets that works, ipod ready devices, black out windows, fast broadband, etc). The bed is excellent and allow a deep sleeping.

The service is great. The hotel is full of people willing to be extremely polite and helpful. The reservations manager (Adriana) is wonderful and she is willing to help beyond reservations.

On the opportunity side, the nice front desk staff is very helpful but lacks profesionalismn. They need trainning. The same observation for the concierge. Also, the food is not at the same level of the infraestructure and the service. An outstanding hotel needs a outstanding food offering. The food is edible but you would be expecting more. And please...dont charge for access to internet...

In sum, they might need some minor fixes but they are by far the best hotel in Bogota.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 March 2008

I just want to highlight the fact that this hotel's customer service and quality are outstanding!!! I travel a lot and have stayed at very nice hotels around the world, but people at this hotel were extremely friendly, and willing to make your stay a great experience. I had a great time and have no complaints at all. I felt like at home. In addition, the hotel is strategically located. Very nice bars, restaurants and the "Andino" shopping mall are in walking distance. Thumbs up for this hotel, its management and employees!!!!

• Stayed: March 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 March 2008

This is a great option for any kind of plans in Bogotá, is very well located, walking distance from the best restaurants, local and foreing designers stores (sometimes with better prices than in US) and trendy bars. It was recently renovated and the rooms are provided with flat screen TV and Ipod station: it was nice to enjoy our own music all the time! . You feel safe and comfortable surrounded by kind staff: the consierge service is great!. The business Center is a bit small but once you´re inside and warm with the modern fireplace and quick conection you just don´t mind about that. The bed is extremely comfortable and room service is fast and good. I stayed with my husband and we spent a great time there. We´ll definitely be back to Sofitel Bogotá..

Stayed: March 2008
1  Thank VIPtraveler7
Reviewed 31 August 2007

When I made the reservation, two months before my arrival. I was informed the 8th floor was under contsruction. I told them not to put me on the floor underneath. When I got here they gave a room right underneath construction, and everything went south form there. When I got here they told me , construction was M-sat from 9 - 5, that was a lie....... Construction started at 7 and it went after 6 including sundays.... we never got hot water after complaning several times, the drains were pluged, the water smelled like paint and the rooms smelled like nursing home. When I called the manager ; she(catalina Lomento) came to my room and had the courage to call me a liar , she rolled her eyes and laughed while I was talkin to her. She has no customer service experience at all.

Also Wi-Fi or breakfast are not inckuded (which most hotel provide free of charge)

Overall not a good experience!!! I DO NOT recomend you to stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled as a couple
4  Thank JACAEDHE
Reviewed 27 July 2007

The Sofitel in Bogota is a lovely hotel in a wonderful neighborhood. The guards and their dogs on every street corner were a little daunting, but comforting as well considering the safety reputation of this city.
Overall, the Sofitel was a very nice and comfortable hotel. Our only objection was the front desk staff who, in our opinion ,was not well trained. We checked in only to be moved the next day due to room construction (which apparently had been going on for weeks); upon check-in, we notified them that we were going to be leaving a day early. However, the desk clerk never noted that inforrmation and the hotel was insistent on us paying for the night we didn't stay.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled on business