“Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner: Great Steaks & Fish; Best Chivito; Best Macaroons; Best Cappuccino in Punta!!”
Review of Lady Marion

Lady Marion
Ranked #7 of 18 Dessert in Punta del Este
Price range: USD 8 - USD 15
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 6 April 2017

I'm from San Francisco & I'm into great food...Lady Marion delivers!

At Parada 10 de la Mansa...right across from a great beach--with inside or outside seating, Lady Marion is a comfortable place to enjoy and relax.

Alberto seats us near the nice warm wood burning stove--it's a bit chilly today: we order cappuccinos & lunch. Alberto is delightful, speaking & joking with guests in perfect english. We're perusing the great lending library of english-language books..."take whatever you want, he says!!

We order lunch: lots of choices...I go for the burger as my cappuccino arrives--dark, strong & creamy...perfect, (hard to find in the land of mate).

Wow: a Chivito arrives-- a big hamburger with ham & all the fixins surrounded by one of Marion's AMAZING hand-made egg-bread rolls with a small salad: absolutely the most gormet Chivito I've found in UY! My partner offers a taste of her quiche: "you've got to taste this" the savory crust is flaky & delicious; her fresh greens with tomato look appealing too.

OK...then the macaroons slide towards me: shades of pink, green, yellow & blue pastels--they actually DO literaly melt in my mouth...OMG: I love this place! (Marion imports key macaroon ingredients only available from France--they're even gluten-free & cooked in a separate oven). I'm just say'in: these are incredible! Don't miss these macroons...and don't miss Lady Marion if you're in PDE.

They do breakfast, lunch and sometimes, dinner (steaks, fish...) with various house-made flaky breads & pastries ...& I've got to try that lemon pie...but then there's the macaroons. Yummm!

Reviewed 16 March 2017 via mobile

We found Lady Marion by chance. We were walking with our kids and decided to stop by . What a pleasant surprise. The owner is friendly and welcoming. The food is really good. Cakes, macarons, scones , pies, quiches, sandwiches ... all very good. The restaurant offers menus in English and the owner speaks English fluently. I noticed that patrons ordered cakes to go. I will try that next time.

Reviewed 5 December 2016 via mobile

Alberto and Marion have a wonderful cafe on the Rambla in Punta. Every item is made to order and awesome. The homemade breads are delightful. The coffee is delicious. Next time I will try the lemon pie which is highly recommended.
We love the ambience and library.

Reviewed 30 October 2016 via mobile

The best place in Punta for scones, brioche and macarons. Fresh and perfectly made. The tea is their own blend. Surprisingly good.

Reviewed 11 September 2016 via mobile

Everything was amazing at Lady Marion! Alberto and Marion are really nice as well. All of their food is made from scratch and tastes amazing. We have had many items such as breads, empanadas, salads, macaroons and lemon pie. All taste outstanding! We even ordered a whole lemon pie to take home just because it's that good. You must give it them a try! It's our new local place and we go often.