“excellent for take-out or an informal, low-key dinner”
Review of Tomillo y Canela

Tomillo y Canela
Ranked #37 of 284 Restaurants in Punta del Este
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery
Reviewed 14 January 2016

I was staying in a nearby hotel and hadn't made dinner plans during the first week of January in Punta del Este: nothing was available. We decided to try T & C nearby as it was within walking distance.

There was a wait but it was nothing more than ten minutes. I have to say that, from the looks of it, I wasn't extremely encouraged but as we all know, looks can be deceiving sometimes (and with very different results sometimes). This was, fortunately, a very positive surprise.

If the pizzas are any gauge for the quality of the entire menu, which i think is safe to assume, the food is true to its objective of simplicity, homeliness, and yet deliciousness. It's been a while since I've had such a good pizza at a random place, especially in Latin America.

if you're staying nearby and want delivery/take-out, or want a locally-run pizzeria experience, this is the best unassuming and tasty place to try. I can't imagine you'll be disappointed (just remember, the place is simple and the service exactly what you would expect--good).

I will definitely go back to this restaurant

Reviewed 1 January 2016

This is one of the few places we've found here that offers home delivery. The food arrived in about 40 minutes and was delicious. Not at all what you'd expect from food delivered on a motorcycle. We had the fresh fish and the raviolli's and it was great. You can also eat there but sometimes it's nice to stay in.

Reviewed 15 November 2015

You can lunch and dine here, but it also offers free delivery. At lunch time we usually call, and then we pick the food up.
The best choice is the Pita Salmon, no doubt.
All the food is at convenient prices.
Desserts are good, but not as good as the other things.
I strongly recommend the Gourmet quiches, sandwiches and pizzas.

Reviewed 21 June 2015 via mobile

Went with my mom and sister I had a smoked salmon sandwich wich was delightful my sister had the same and my mom had one with beacon wich was very nice

Reviewed 6 December 2014

After a long day at the beach and with no energy to go out, we decided to order in from this wonderful restaurant. You can dine there BUT they also offer free delivery around Punta and the food arrives warm and delicious. We had the grilled white fish with roasted potatoes and the shrimp with honey and ginger rice - all delicious. The chef once worked at one of the best Italian restaurants in town and it shows.