See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 1 July 2013

Very fine hostel, with great personal! We unfortunately had a short stay in Punta and could not appreciate more of the activities the people had in there! Absolutely, I’d recommend the Trip Hostel to everybody!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
GonchisDtrip, Propietario at The Trip Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2013

Thanx for your comment! We wait you here for a long stay in the future. Cheers!

Reviewed 15 May 2013

Overall it's a good hostel but the walls are very thin (upstairs) so you hear everything in the next rooms and around you. The mattresses are poor and need to be updated. The staff are great and very welcoming. Excellent common areas - lounge downstairs, deck upstairs

The upstairs rooms are very basically built, feels almost like a shed or cubby house, with ply-wood walls.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank travla67

Thanx for your comment. It really help us and we'll work hard to improove. Cheers!

Reviewed 3 April 2013

If you come to Punte del Este and don't stay at The Trip Hostel I can honestly say you are missing out on an amazing time and your stay in Punte del Este will not be the same. From the moment I arrived at The Trip, the staff were extremely helpful and friendly (not to mention very attractive), and continued to be so throughout my stay. It is in an excellent location; walking distance to the bus terminal, beach, restaurants, bars, clubs, and casinos--really couldn't be better. The hostel has a very relaxed and chill vibe and definitely the place to be if you're looking to make friends and have a good time. The owners definitely know how to through a good party with great music and company. They also will give great recommendations of places to go out at and usually will provide a free wristband to get in. I will always remember my time at The Trip Hostel and would DEFINITELY go back. I miss it already!

Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends

Thanx a lot for your comment! We really apreciate it! Doors are open for you to come back in the future! Cheers!

Reviewed 24 March 2013

I had been travelling for a while in Uruguay and everyone kept telling me Punta del Este is so posh! Depends on who you meet I guess... The 3 owners and the staff at The Trip Hostel are absolutely great!!! The are knowledgeable, super friendly and do get out of their way to help you. They took us to Casa del Pueblo and we jumped off the rocks to the sea, it was great. Atmosphere at the hostel is very nice, with a lovely patio. Rooms are clean and they have a very convenient kitchen. It was a great pleasure to meet you all and I look forward to seeing you in Europe :) sofia

Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 March 2013

I stayed here with friends in February 2013. We had three beds in a six-bed mixed dorm and stayed for three nights.

Pros:
- Good location, five minutes from beach, bus station and start of the main drag.
- Clean bathrooms.
- Very comfortable, oversized beds. We were in triple bunks, which I usually hate, however these were rigidly fixed to the wall so there was no creaking or swaying in the night.
- Good facilities; kitchen, big lockers, roof terrace, fast wifi.
- Brilliant atmosphere with lots of musical instruments to bash and a live band most nights.

Cons:
- It's a tiny bit expensive at $20 for a dorm bed.

I summary, probably the most fun place I've stayed. I usually run a mile from anything labelled "party hostel" as they are usually charmless dives full of drunks and junkies. However, the three brothers who own and run The Trip know how to throw a real party, with great music and company and a very relaxed vibe.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank CharlieInLondon
GonchisDtrip, Propietario at The Trip Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2013

Thanx a lot for writing a comment! It give us energy to continue and give our best. Cheers!