“Super food with fab location ”
Review of Li Jiang

Li Jiang
Ranked #30 of 2,281 Restaurants in Abu Dhabi
Price range: USD 50 - USD 70
Cuisines: Chinese, Malaysian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, View
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: A modern Southeast Asian restaurant with an open kitchen whets the appetite for all things spicy, authentic and Oriental. The breathaking terrace will offer the best scenic view, cocktails and music with our own DJ Margo Sahara. Meaning "beautiful river" in Chinese, Li Jiang reflects resort's location on the Grand Canal.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Really enjoyed our meal at this lovely restaurant on our first night staying at The Ritz Carlton Hotel.
Food was great with attentive service and with great views of the beautiful Mosque.
Definitely recommend this to everyone. Even one of the chefs came to speak to us ! How lovely.

Ritz-CarltonADGC, Manager at Li Jiang, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2018

Dear Lorraine,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your experience at Li Jiang. We are happy to read hat you have enjoyed every aspect of your evening. The Chefs always like to interact with the guest to get some feedback and areas of improvement.

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Quite simply a must anytime you are in Abu Dhabi. The food was so tasty, the cocktails a delicious treat and the service was fantastic. The prawns were the tastiest I've ever eaten, the seabass too. So flavoursome and it left us wanting to come again soon. Good size portions too! Add to that the spectacular view of the mosque whilst having a drink at sunset, stunning! Some nights they have a DJ playing chilled music, the bar always seems busy enough for a great atmosphere but not too overcrowded. We will be back!

Ritz-CarltonADGC, Manager at Li Jiang, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Dear Heathy4,

Thank you very much for reviewing your experience at Li Jiang. We are delighted to read that you have enjoyed your dinner and drinks. Your comments will be shared with our team and I am sure they will feel proud to having spend a great time in their second home.

Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

Went for a business dinner and mixer. While served buffer style, the food was fantastic. Very prompt and friendly servers. Inside they had another buffet with sushi. Worth going back to try their dinners.

Ritz-CarltonADGC, Manager at Li Jiang, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2018

Dear Mr Kevin B,

Thank you very much for your review of Li Jiang. We are very happy to read that you had a wonderful time with us and have enjoyed the food and service.

Reviewed 3 March 2018

I chose to book this for my husbands 50th birthday dinner, even though we were half board and had dinner in the buffet restaurant included. I went to the reception desk 3 days before and asked them to book a table for me. I stood there while the reception staff called and booked a table. We turned up on the evening of my husbands 50th, to find they didn't have my booking. Not a good start. They did have a table and assured us it wasn't a problem. We had a table just by the kitchen so we could see the chefs cooking. There were only another 3 tables with diners. We must have waited 10 minutes before anyone came to take a drinks order. We then waited another 10 before our food order was taken. Our starters came, to share. Unfortunately no small plates for either of us so we just had to eat over the table, dropping crumbs! Our main course took a good 15 minutes to arrive after our starters were cleared. Up to this stage no one had asked if we wanted more drinks, even though we had finished our first drink. Nor had our empties been cleared away. I was facing the kitchen area and could see the chefs in a real mess, the waiters not knowing where the food was going. In the end, one of the more senior managers appeared to try and sort things out. The manager on duty, Fahim came to clear our plates and asked if everything was ok. I am afraid, I was slightly grumpy with my reply. I had wanted it to be a very special night for my husband, it it wasn't. The food itself was great, when it finally arrived. Fahim was working extremely hard and seemed to be the only member of staff working. Others were just wandering around, not knowing what they were doing. Fahim kindly offered us free drinks but, by then, we didn't want to stay in there any longer. As we asked for the bill, 2 glasses or prossecco and a cake with candles arrived and they all sang happy birthday. It was a very nice gesture which we appreciated. I felt really sorry for Fahim. We will eat in there again when we visit again at the end of the year, give them a second chance.

Ritz-CarltonADGC, Manager at Li Jiang, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2018

Dear halfway39,

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback and sorry for the miscommunication as well as missed opportunity to make your evening a memorable one. Please rest re assure that we have shared your comments with the team and are working on the shortfall you have experienced during the evening.

Please do not hesitate to contact me on you next visit and we will be planning a very special evening that will make this one disappear.

We look forward to welcoming you back

jeremie.Laurent@ritzcarlton.com

Reviewed 15 January 2018

I celebrated new years eve and the food was more than amazing, service beyond the only issue is that certain guest cannot control alcohol and are very noisy.

Ritz-CarltonADGC, Manager at Li Jiang, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2018

Dear JBSUK,

Thank you for your comments and happy to read that you have started the year in the best way possible.

Please do not hesitate to come back during the week and you will certainly enjoy a nice drink and appetizers while enjoying the view over the grand mosque.