2,457 results
All reviews venetian village li jiang the club lounge kids club pool area lebanese restaurant half board huge pool sheikh zayed grand mosque beautiful hotel pool staff main restaurant special thanks private beach yas island rc brunch
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for a week with friends over Easter
Beautiful hotel with a very large pool set on a very nice sandy beach along the grand canal
Can’t thought this hotel rooms are very well equipped most have views overlooking the pool or the mosque which is stunning
Definitely will be returning later this year

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

One would think that staying at a Ritz Carlton Hotel would automatically mean great service and hospitality. Sadly this was not the case.
What has become apparent during our stay for the first time in Abu Dhabi is that it is not Dubai! Nowhere has the same level of device or hospitality.
This hotel was no different.
Good things- wonderful size rooms, large beautiful hotel.
Not so good things- cleaning each day of rooms was more of a shuffle of things and tea wasn’t replaced or flannels.
Trying to get a sun lounger on the beach or by the pool was hideous. Luckily we have never encountered this anywhere we have stayed before but we joined those who were alarm setting and reserving loungers from 7 am each day as otherwise there were none to be had.
Drinks and food by the pool were good but a struggle often to get someone to place an order with.
Breakfast was a bun fight along with what felt like thousands but must have been high hundreds of people all clambering for a buffet breakfast at the same time. Food was fine not amazing but perfectly ok.

Luckily we were only bed and breakfast which gave us the ability to eat in some of the restaurants in the adjacent Venetian village and outside of the hotel complex, others we met were not so fortunate and had tales to tell of their half board experiences.

So will we return?- no, did we enjoy the sun, rest and relaxing on those all
Important loungers - yes.
Was it like our Dubai experiences- no
It was however a third cheaper than Dubai, ( still an expensive holiday)but the old adage applies - you get what you pay for!

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank JJJG2013
Ritz-CarltonADGC, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton Abu Dhabi, Grand Canal, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Dear JJJG2013,

Thank you for your time in writing a review about your recent experience with The Ritz-Carlton Abu Dhabi Grand Canal. My team and I extends to your our sincere apologies for the inconvenience and for not being able to meet your expectations most especially the housekeeping service. I trust you will accept that the difficulties you experienced are certainly not reflective of our normal standards.

We are grateful for having you stayed with us and I do hope that we may have the pleasure of welcoming you back.

With best regards,

Nick Heath

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Great hotel with a few issues that should be addressed . We have arrived over Easter , the pool is massive and water is great temperature but their seems an issue with pool tiles , the kids are continually lifting small tiles out and my wife complains of the bottom being sharp in parts . The service at the pool is slow which given the prices £5 for a can of Pepsi (which arrived warm when I asked for an ice bucket to cool it never arrived ) and £9.50 for a bottle of beer you would expect better service -there seems to be a lot of staff but you can wait half an hour for your order- not sure if it’s because it’s busy but either way they could improve the pool area and service. There is an unsightly white hoarding around one area of the pool.
The breakfast is terrific one of the best and staff at breakfast are attentive and very professional.
The WiFi could be improved it can be slow and poolside it’s patchy.
The rooms are ok however thread bear pillow cases let down the Ritz again I would expect better . On arrival there was no shaving kit tooth brush or comb that’s standard in five star hotels. Although that was remedied.
The evenings the hotel lacks atmosphere and there doesn’t really seem to be anywhere to chill after dinner , no entertainment that I have seen. The range of food at dinner is poor and the children’s options are limited and often empty .
The kids love the ice cream shop a great concept but again it falls short at £4 a poke I would expect a generous scoop but it’s almost rationed for the kids and the trimmings are limited to 3 small jars .
Tonight again we will eat outside the hotel as we are fed up with the buffet and choices . The half board can be changed to lunch but only in the restaurant you can’t use it for poolside burgers - which is what the kids want. We went to try the Lebanese restaurant last night but the wine list presented on an iPad was complicated and not user friendly - a bottle of average wine was £60-80. I couldn’t see any wine below £50 .I got frustrated trying to navigate and we went instead to an Indian Punjab in the Venetian village which was awesome.
Overall it’s a good hotel - but with the name the ritz I expect great. The kids definitely prefer the al raha beach hotel which is a 4 star and more kid friendly with better poolside area WiFi and staff.
I stayed here before in 2013 and it was definitely better then. It’s a good four star but falls short of five star in my opinion - I’m disappointed it has not kept the standards we saw last time . It was five years ago but the hotel has definitely not aged well. It’s expensive which I don’t mind if you get the service and trimmings that go with it but as it is it’s just expensive . As a five star hotel with the expectations I have given it 3 stars . I came here straight from another 5 star hotel in shanghai the jumeriah Himalayas and its very interesting to get an immediate comparison
At the Ritz I expect better......

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Footprints319936

Thank you very much for your candid review of your recent stay at our hotel. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us, as we strive to improve with each and every stay. I regret to hear that we haven't met your expectations. Please rest assured that I have addressed all your concerns and feedback to my team especially related to the pool tiles wherein I would like to let you know that we are already in the process in fixing this matter as the safety of our entire guest is one of our top priority.

Also, thank you for the great feedback on the breakfast and for noticing the attentiveness and professionalism of the breakfast team. I will convey your comments and for sure they will be delighted to hear your kind words.

I renew my sincerest apology for the inconvenience caused and feel free to contact me at rc.auhrz.exec.office@ritzcarlton.com and it will be my pleasure to discuss further your concerns.

With best regards,

Nick Heath

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

We stayed in March on the half board basis. When we arrived the staff were very good and checked up in early which was nice.

We asked about the half board restaurants to find it was only the buffet restaurant available for both breakfast and evening meal. However we were then told we could exchange the evening meal for lunch which would give us a chance to use the other restaurants.

The breakfast was good and acceptable however we struggled with lunches. On Fridays you can't use the restaurant as they have a bunch on so you'd have to pay around £70 extra pp. If we had been told prior this would've been easier for us.
Then on a Saturday it's a 3 course set meal. I'm a vegetarian and the only option for main course was a panini or pizza! Plus we really didn't want 3 courses at lunch time. There was no alternative given.

The restaurants are good but they are expensive.

The pool area could do with some maintenance work. For example the tiles around the pool towards the beach are not secured down, there are tiles in the pool that are missing this could cause injury and there's a lot of bird droppings on the beds/parasols which could do with a clean.

We have stayed in other Ritz Carlton hotels which have been better however if these issues were addressed this could be better. The idea of the Venetian village is good and gives you the opportunity to venture out which is nice, the restaurants are good but it would be better if they were available on the half board option.

It is expensive but UAE is all expensive unfortunately.

We must add the staff are all very friendly, approchable and helpful making our visit more enjoyable.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank donnacubby
Reviewed 2 April 2018

The hotel is huge, well maintained and is clean. The rooms are well done up and maintained very well by housekeeping. The location is fantastic, on the banks of the canal. The conference room was spacious and catered well to a large business group. Food was average. The service was good, you will find housekeeping staff cleaning some or the other part of the hotel at any given time. The hotel also offers free shuttles to the Grand Mosque at certain times, which is about 5 mins away.

Date of stay: May 2017