1,749 results
All reviewsflavours restaurantla mammael sombrerotavern pubcloud barclub roompool barprivate beachenglish pubsmall balconycorniche roadhealth clubconstruction sitekids poolnon smokingrestaurants and barsfantastic stay
Reviewed 13 May 2018 via mobile

We have just returned from a week at this hotel. Firstly, I highly recommend choosing an executive suite, as you not only get the extra space (kitchen, living room, bedroom, bathroom, with lots of storage and two TVs), but also breakfast and access to the club lounge. We went to the lounge most days for snacks and drinks, it was very handy. Breakfast was great, lots of choice and friendly staff who remembered our room number, omelette orders etc!
We decided to include breakfast only as there were lots of local restaurants we wanted to try, but we did eat at the hotel’s Mexican restaurant one night and food was very good.
There are good ladies’ nights at the hotel - we went to B Lounge one night and the Tavern on another.
We were celebrating our anniversary so a lovely cake and card arrived at our room, and that was in addition to the welcome bottle of wine and fruit we had on arrival. There are lots of benefits for SPG members so worth signing up if you’ve booked this hotel.
Other things we liked: nice pool area and swim up bar, very good service everywhere, cleanliness of our room and the hotel generally, sleep quality (the bed was excellent) and the convenient location. The man at the front of the hotel always got us a taxi within seconds and it’s very cheap to travel around Abu Dhabi by taxi, plus you’re next to the corniche and some nice parks.
Thank you Sheraton for a great week - hopefully we’ll be back!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alex L
Reviewed 9 May 2018

A bit outdated Sheraton but it has all the essentials. Good location. Friendly staff. Nice treatment of SPG members. Small but comfortable rooms. Large gym and pool (and a small beachl). Reasonable internet connection. The Club Lounge is below average.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 May 2018 via mobile

Having arrived in Abu Dhabi a few months ago I tried the Flavours Brunch which is good, and was warming to this hotel. However I went to Tavern bar for a post brunch drink or 2. I settled in and seeing and smelling lots of cigarettes being smoked started to get out a decent cigar. But was told Cigars are not allowed! Such a pity this endearing place is now off the list. I have yet to find anyone who finds cigarette smoke more appealing to that of a decent cigar.

Stayed: May 2018
ManagerSheratonAUH, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2018

Dear Jan,

We are very pleased to hear that you have enjoyed our brunch, I do agree, it is a good selection of food and a good live ambiance. Tavern is the right place to go just after the brunch and enjoy a few more drinks, I sincerely regret your disappointment regarding our rules for the cigars smoking. I would like to bring to you attention that Cloud Nine, situated at the 1st floor, is our cigar bar, I am convinced that you will enjoy a cigar there next time.

Hoping to see you again soon,

With best regards.

Diana

Reviewed 29 April 2018

Stayed at the hotel few times before and there is nothing much to complain. The facility is a bit dated (the hotel has been around for some time) but it is well kept. Room is clean, not lavish but still welcoming. During a recent stay, I thought the breakfast buffet was no longer as exciting as before.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Firdaus K
Reviewed 27 April 2018

We've travelled to UAE on a few occasions now and we've always had a great time and this was no different.
This hotel resort is great.
Centrally located, so ideal if you want to go exploring the city or the Corniche, although in this heat you won't want to go far
The pool areas are all very clean & tidy and the water is just the right temperature to cool off in. There are plenty of sun beds both around the pool and on the beach, even though some people are very selfish in thinking it is okay to have a bed in the shade and another in the sun and I'm ashamed to say that most of these people were British!!!
The pool bar and the beach bar are very well staffed with plenty of shade.
The food, as always, was of a very high standard and plenty of it. The waiting staff, especially Bharath,couldn't do enough for you and within a couple of days knew your name and what you were drinking which is always a nice touch.
The bedrooms again are very clean and well kept and of a descent size.
So here's the BUT don't go all inclusive because it isn't.
I was very disappointed to be told that only certain cocktails where included in the price, you could only drink at certain bars until a certain time even though they were still open. You could only drink at the pool bar until 6pm but you could go and get a drink from the beach bar until 11pm and bring it back to the pool area!!!!!
No snacks are available during the day at any of the bars which I found more annoying than the drinks rules. And don't get to excited by the huge ice-cream cabinet that greets you when you enter the hotel as that's not included either.
Would I revisit the hotel, without any hesitation, would I go all inclusive, never again. Half board is the way forward.

Room Tip: Ask for a club room with a resort view, looks spectacular at night
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple