“Good experience if you just want to point and shoot!”

Caracal Shooting Club
Ranked #4 of 48 Fun & Games in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed 29 March 2015

The facilities and grounds are really well kept and professional. The admin was straightforward. You need to provide local I.D or a passport and pay about 255 dirhams for 25 rounds (then about 75 for another 25). As a first-timer I had a safety briefing, which was informative. Subsequently it was a bit of a let down. All shooting lanes were full, which meant 1 instructor was overseeing everything. So it was just point and shoot, with minimal coaching or feedback. Which was disappointing. So if you just want to experience shooting then it's great, but if you are after tuition or guidance then not the best. I went on a Thursday after 5pm, so perhaps the morning might be quieter

4  Thank SelB1905

Reviewed 12 March 2015

There is nothing I didn't like about the place. Living in the UK, it is hard to find places like this where you can just register with your passport and fire real weapons.

So I gave it a go and shot live 9mm rounds. Entry fee is AED275 and for an additional AED75 you can purchase 25 bullets to shoot. There is a short induction to go through first regarding arm handling safety, familiarisation with the pistol etc. Then the fun begins...

Excellent service, ultra safe and great set up!

Be advised, they do not accept American Express. Visa is allright

3  Thank moslit
Reviewed 9 January 2015

I used the gun first time. Great experience. The instructors are very friendly and helpful. Minimum age to go is 12 years. My elder son could not shoot as he was a week younger to 12. Good for family outings too. My wife enjoyed.

1  Thank Deepakseru
Reviewed 26 December 2014

Took by future wife to the range for her first time along with my sister and her friend. After giving the basic safety instructions to the group we all took turns in our firing lanes. The instructors were behind us all the time providing help and assistance and watching out for our safety. I got to shoot two pistols that I had not fired before. Great experience by everyone. All three ladies had grins on their faces for hours afterwards recounting the experience.

2  Thank JRRosa
Reviewed 25 December 2014

Very proffessional,Instructers were very friendly and informative. The range was very good as was the equipment.Of course the safety aspects was strictly adhered to. Certainly something to try if you have not done pistol shooting before. I would certainly go again.