3,438 results
All reviews gold floor grand mosque marco pierre cedar lounge cuiscene restaurant mosque view creek view view room wet room sheikh zayed mosque floor to ceiling windows lebanese restaurant pool bar sun loungers pool staff amazing hotel beach area
Reviewed 17 May 2018

This was our second stay at this excellent hotel that is located on a waterway opposite the fabulous Sheikh Zayed Mosque. Probably the most outstanding feature of this hotel are the wonderful staff, all who are whom are so very friendly and helpful. We took advantage of the Gold rooms and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The room was very spacious and excellently maintained and serviced. The restaurants in the hotel are all excellent: Cuiscene, the buffet restaurant, served a wide selection of excellent food at both breakfast and dinner and could not be faulted. We particularly liked eating in Frankie's (Italian) and again the quality of food was superb. The pool and beach areas were well maintained and very peaceful. There were a couple of minor issues that were resolved; chair covers outside Cuiscene were very dirty but were eventually laundered and the reservation of loungers by the pool and beach areas were annoying to many guests when they were left unoccupied for several hours. We love this hotel and will return in 2019 for our third visit

Room tip: Try the Gold rooms
Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
FairmontBabAlBahr, General Manager at Fairmont Bab Al Bahr, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2018

Dear MickDaniel,

Thank you very much for choosing Fairmont Bab Al Bahr once again and your continued patronage. We are thrilled to know that our colleagues contributed positively to your stay and particularly enjoyed your Fairmont Gold experience. Our entire team is looking forward to welcoming you back next year and on your future travels to Abu Dhabi.

Reviewed 16 May 2018

I stayed here for three days with the group . Staff was courteous and very polite . Rooms were very neat and clean . Room attendant M P Prasanna specially was very polite and friendly . Swimmimg pool and Restaurant is very good . Food quality and food choice also very good . Only thing which i observed was that the staff was giving more preference to english people which is unfair.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank Azta1970

Dear Azta1970,

Thank you very much for staying with us and taking the time to post your valuable feedback following your recent visit. It was a great pleasure to have you as our guest. At Fairmont Bab Al Bahr, we welcome all our valued guests with the same level of attention through personalized service.

We are all looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 15 May 2018

It was our second trip to this hotel, and we used the gold package this time. As previously, it was a memorable stay with very pleasant staff. thank you Chathura, Claire and Ruel for all your assistance and thank you Arnold Francisco for being such a good host. We hope to be back again!

Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
FairmontBabAlBahr, General Manager at Fairmont Bab Al Bahr, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2018

Dear minika4,

We are delighted that you have chosen Fairmont Bab Al Bahr once again and wish to thank you for your continued patronage. It is my pleasure to share your great review with our brand ambassadors especially Chathura, Claire, Ruel and Arnold. Our entire team is looking forward to welcoming you back for another memorable stay soon.

Reviewed 14 May 2018 via mobile

This is my second stay in the fairmont bab el Bahar. Very professional and friendly customer service
I like the fact that they have an eco friendly option of not replacing the linens everyday, but also the choice to have them replaced if desired.
Also, the room attendant M.P Prasanna who cleaned my room today did an excellent job!
Overall I had a very pleasant stay

Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear zeenamaher,

On behalf of the entire team, I would like to thank you for staying with us once again and taking the time to post your positive feedback. We are truly proud to work with colleagues like Prasanna, who continuously strive to provide the best and make sure Fairmont Bab Al Bahr is known for a heartfelt service. It was a great pleasure to have you as our guest and we look forward to welcoming your return in the near future.

Reviewed 14 May 2018 via mobile

We have stayed at this hotel in 2016 and to be honest the service was not great then however we loved the pool and facilities. We had come in a big group then so let it slide thinking there are many of us and different requests so room for error.

We wanted to go away for my husbands birthday and we have a newborn so we’re looking for a staycation not too far from Dubai. We have stayed at the Fairmont before so thought it be a good shout as we would know what to expect.

We booked a club room, and we were doing our staycation with friends. Upon arrival we were told that our rooms were not next to each other/interconnecting. This I understand can happen however was massively disappointed as I had mentioned this over Phone and email when conducting the booking and I was reassured that it would not be a problem. Wish they had just managed my expectation and said subject to availability however every reservation individual I spoke to said absolutely your request will be met.

We are tired and we are given our room later then check in time and please bare in mind I have a newborn. We are given a non-smoking room that smells of smoke. I am then advised they will mask the smell with air freshener and I was not having it I have two children with me. It took them hours to sort this mess out and reallocate a room for me.

It took at least 20-25mins to be served hot drinks or any drinks in the lounge it was hugely frustrating. The food took at least 15-20mins to be refilled and you found yourself hanging around for a long time just to have a snack and a drink. With the premium you pay for club room access it is just u acceptable.

The staff have no idea about anything when you ask them a question. Room service took 90mins to arrive. In short you are staying with kids it can just be frustrating slow service no one apologizes no one has a clue about anything.

I felt like the whole weekend was a disappointment. For a 5star hotel the service is ridiculously poor and the staff are not well trained at all.

Club lounge food quality is disgusting and service is just dispicable.

I would never stay at this hor again which is a shame as the facilities are lovely and so is the pool.

Trip type: Travelled with family
FairmontBabAlBahr, Front Office Manager at Fairmont Bab Al Bahr, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2018

Dear Nelly421,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review following your recent visit. We are truly sorry to know that your overall experience was not up to your expectations this time. At Fairmont Bab Al Bahr, guest feedback is vitally important to us and all comments are considered as an opportunity to continuously improve the quality of our services. Thus, we would really appreciate to have the chance to communicate with you and learn more about your stay. Kindly contact me directly at Khurram.Kazmi@Fairmont.com and I look forward to speaking with you soon.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and we trust that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Khurram Kazmi