“Hospitality at its best!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Aloft Abu Dhabi

Aloft Abu Dhabi
Ranked #46 of 129 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Los Angeles, California
“Hospitality at its best!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2012

Yes, a raving review!
My crew and I stayed for two weeks in February 2012 in this hotel, while we were gearing up to produce an event at the hotel's Splash Garden (their rooftop event venue). We do these productions all over the world, and we all agreed that the professionalism and the hospitality of the staff and management, were amongst the best we have ever experienced!
Management and staff, went far beyond the regular call of duty, to assist us with every possible aspect of the event. The hotel is very modern with an impressive pool area. The rooms are spacious, clean and luxurious. The choice on the breakfast buffet was impressive, and the the room service efficient and tasty (I especially took a liking to their grilled chicken caesar salad!). Everybody on staff was extremely friendly, and did everything possible to assist us not only with the planning and production of the event, but also with the personal sightseeing that we wanted to include during our two week stay. At the end of our stay, we had planned to stay in Dubai for a couple more days, but we decided to remain at this hotel, and make the daily 1 hour plus trip to Dubai and back instead. That should say enough!
W Hotels, GM Stephan Vanden Auweele, and his knowledgeable staff running this site really hit this one out of the park. Needless to say, I highly recommend Aloft Abu Dhabi for your business or leisure stay in the Emirates. It certainly will be our home away from home in that region in the future...

1 Thank Peter G
RayWei, Director of Operations at Aloft Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 15 March 2012
Marvellous! Peter G, thanks for the extensive and great review. It's just splendid to learn that you loved our product but even more satisfying to read that you focus your appreciation on the service level that our staff provided you with. Friendliness, out of the box thinking, flexibility and taking that extra step are is the type of attitude we focus for here at Aloft Abu Dhabi so it is indeed a pleasure see positive results. We will share your flattering comments with all the staff as this is obviously highly motivating. By the way, thanks for extending your stay and for preferring to remain with us although having to drive back and forth to Dubai for a couple days. So, your home away from home and its hosts are only awaiting to welcome you soon again to Abu Dhabi. Many thanks and best wishes! Rainer

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Dubai
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 February 2012

Stayed at the Aloft with my Girlfriend on Valentines day. I loved the hotels beautiful structure and the location. I called so many times the room service, and the home was answered by hurried staff who did not even listen to the conversation. They have funny room service menu when my girlfriend ordered food around midnight she was told that room service was closed, and yet they gave us printed menu.

The roof bar relax at 12 was very noisy considering the bar was empty, and no efforts was made to reduce the noise. Just to give the hotel the benefit of doubt breakfast was very nice.

The rooms are so cozy, but on several occasions housekeeping didn't clear the trash in my room. I had a half can of soda in my room and what housekeeping did was leave it there assuming i was going to drink flat soda??
Mohamed at the reception was helpful, i bothered him many times i lost my room key and locked myself out when i went to the swimming pool.

The Huge African bouncer at the bar:relax at 12 was very nice too i forgot his name.

Room Tip: I had smoking floor which i guess was the worst view, our window overlooked a semi circle atrium at...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DeAndre W
RayWei, Director of Operations at Aloft Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 2 March 2012
Dear DeAndre W, thank you for taking the time to post your comments through this review. I am happy to read that our structure/ design and location was of your full liking. Great that you enjoyed your breakfast our cozy rooms and that our staff at reception and upstairs in our club bar lounge were friendly and accommodated your needs. On the other hand, I truly regret to read that our order taking staff gave you reasons for you to perceive that they were in a hurry. Indeed our room service is different than the traditional delivered in most of hotels. We call it delivery service as we provide all items available in our take-away re:fuel outlet. Our aim is to avoid the typical half hour waiting time by providing the mentioned tasty gastronomical selection in 10 minutes. Additional to this we have a wider variety of a la minute cooked items which is available from 12pm to 12am. All other variety is offered 24/7. Apologies if there was a misunderstanding on the phone regarding this. Our roof top bar lounge has the advantage of accommodating different customer needs. On one side, our guests who wish to chill out and maintain a quiet conversation have a lovely, trendy and tranquil terrace where the stunning views of the capital can be enjoyed. I believe this is what you were looking for. On the other part of the 12th floor our guests will find more if a clubby scene where music levels are indeed higher. I am sorry if this was not explained, but you clearly had even more than one possibility to enjoy a chill-out atmosphere as we also have a bar on the 5th floor offering comfortable lounge options. Last but not least please accept our sincere apologies with regards to our staff failing to remove the half can of soda from your room. Our housekeeping personnel is always careful to remove any "non-empty" waste items from guest rooms. Believe me that we have also had the opposite situation where guests were upset when we removed such food or beverage containers even though they had been lying for some time in the room.
Dear DeAndreW, we all trust that you will not entirely judge our services solely on the replies on the phone by the delivery service staff and the half full soda can not being removed from the room. Hopefully we will have another chance to regain your total trust in completely all aspects of the hotel and look forward to welcoming you soon again to Aloft Abu Dhabi. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly when placing another booking, it will be my pleasure to make all necessary arrangements and welcome you and your girlfriend personally. Best wishes! Rainer
Boston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2012

I am not the bargain hotel type. I prefer to spend a bit more for great service and a comfortable room. While the price of the Aloft would suggest that they skimp on service and amenities - they don't. It's really a comfortable property with big clean rooms, helpful staff and awesome pool. having stayed here for a couple days this month, I don't see any reason to stay anywhere else. It's great. Don't miss the pool in the evening.

Room Tip: Go to the pool. great food and drinks.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
RayWei, DIrector of Operations at Aloft Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 2 March 2012
Hi MacVenture, receiving reviews from senior contributors is always fantastic! We can just say that we are more than flattered to receive full score in every single category. Thank you very much for this great review. It is brilliant for us to learn and share with our team the recognition of our usual first class but hip style of service. Please let me know when you are back to Abu Dhabi to enjoy another stunning stay with us, Best wishes! Rainer
Orlando, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2012

Everyone was extremely friendly and helpful and the restaurants and front desk always had enough help on to ensure things were handled quickly. The were very flexible with my stay requirements and made sure I was taken care of at all times.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
RayWei, Director of Operations at Aloft Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 18 February 2012
Hi there Steve O, thanks a lot of for your comments! We are extremely happy to read that you were taken care at all times by our friendly staff. Great that you note our flexibility with special requests and that you mention on the title the outstanding value for our rates and the excellence of our service. Hope to see you back soon on your next visit to the U.A.E. , Many thanks once again and best wishes! Rainer
Walnut Creek
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2012

The hotel is connected to the Convention Center. A big convenience if you are attending. The decor is very trendy, strong colors, and large bean bags dispersed throughout the lobby. The staff at the hotel was very helpful and everyone spoke very good English. The rooms look like they are all the same (19’x 19’=360sf). My room was very clean with a good size closet, hair dryer, iron, safe big enough for a laptop and free, strong wireless internet. There was a nice 42” flat screen TV in the room with a surprising number of channels in English. The room AC was very strong, actually too strong for the “cooler” winter days. It reset to 67 deg every time I left the room and I had to turn it off when I returned. The breakfast buffet is large, with plenty of good choices. The bathroom was half in the room, and was very clean. The towels were very large and soft. The taxi to the airport is about 40 AED depending on traffic. We had a meeting at the new Hyatt (opened 12/23/11) on the other side of the convention center. The Hyatt is much nicer and you should compare prices as it is a significant upgrade. I would have no issue staying at the Aloft again.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Kevin_WalnutCreek
RayWei, Director of Operations at Aloft Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 14 February 2012
Hello Kevin_WalnutCreek, very complete and nice description of our hotel, thanks a lot for your time! Besides reading that you enjoyed the rooms its amenities and trendy design and our buffet breakfast, it is great you point out the impeccable cleanliness of the hotel, the friendliness and will to assist which we are proud that our staff possesses.
Regarding our neighbor hotel, it is indeed a 5 star property with price ranges very far from ours.
The whole Aloft Abu Dhabi team hopes you will chose our hotel again for your next visit to Abu Dhabi, let me know when you are back! Best wishes, Rainer