“High Tea”
Review of Caramel

Caramel
Ranked #3 of 30 Dessert in Doha
Price range: USD 7 - USD 68
Description: A delectable gourmet coffee shop with casual charm offering an assortment of espresso, coffee and tea selections, fresh bakery items and specialty sandwiches and salads.
Reviewed 18 September 2017

I tried the Caramel High Tea twice in the last 2 week, it was obviously good on the first time so I went back.
On the first time, I filled the online enquiry form and later I received an email confirming my reservation with the special requests (1 vegetarian option). I arrived there with my friend and I decided also to go for vegetarian options to make it easier. There was a good variety of savoury and sweet option (scones and cream are my favourite). We were offered an alternative to the Beef Wallington and it was very good. The part I didn't like was what they called 'Sorbet' or 'Meringue', prepared with liquid nitrogen. I expected to get sorbet with meringue on the side but ended up with a mixture prepared with whipped cream (too rich) and not even frozen.
The next visit was with 3 friend and we tried the variety of option (except beef for me) and it was great.

City Centre R, General Manager at Caramel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2017

Dear Mohamed E

Thank you for the great review of our High Tea. We are delighted that you had a good time and we appreciate the support. I have noted the comment about the Sorbet and will look into this with our Chef. Look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 16 September 2017

Absolutely delightful, heavenly, and so tasty. We first visited the Caramel, Rotana several months ago after reading about how good their afternoon tea was. We certainly were not disappointed. From the warm welcome and amazing service, particularly from Mr Hassan the manager, to the amazing teas and food, the Caramel high tea does not disappoint. Its so amazing that we are frequent visitors and cannot believe how good value it is at only 125QR. The high tea consists of a selection of amazing tea, my particularly favourites being the chocolate mint and mint, followed by an unlimited supply of sandwiches and cakes. Nothing is too much trouble and if you have a particularly favourite the staff are only too happy to replenish the plate with all of your favourites time and time again until you accept defeat and say STOP ! This is followed by the best Beef Wellington and mash we have ever tasted, again if you want seconds and thirds or maybe more, the food keeps coming. If you have room and thats a big if, this is followed by amazing icecream anf berries compote. Truly a delight, we can't praise it enough and look forward to our next visit.

City Centre R, General Manager at Caramel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2017

Dear Clubjumanji

Thank you for the great review of our Caramel High Tea. We really appreciate the support and I will be sure to share your comments with Hassan and the team. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

We were offered a selection of teas, all of which you could taste before ordering (it's there on the picture).
Tea, scones, sandwiches, pastries, Arabic sweets are refillable so it's like a never ending tea buffet.
They also offer beef wellington and ice cream freshly made in front of you.
Vegan options are available instead of beef, but let them know as soon as you place your order for the best experience.
Service was good and quick.
I'm definitely coming back!

City Centre R, General Manager at Caramel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2017

Dear Maria P

Thank you for the great review of our high tea in Caramel. We are delighted that you had a great time and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 25 June 2017 via mobile

I've been staying in the hotel for quite a long time. I like the service of the staffs in Caramel. Hazel treat me well in Ramadan tent. And Xyra in Caramel Lobby Lounge. Thank you for your personalized service!

2  Thank Ahmed D
City Centre R, General Manager at Caramel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2017

Dear Mr Ahmed D,

Thank you for your five star rating and for your wonderful comments. I am happy to receive such positive and encouraging feedback for the team and your appreciation to Hazel will be surely conveyed. Look forward to seeing you soon again at the Caramel Lobby Lounge.

Reviewed 12 May 2017

This is simply the best high tea in Doha for the value. A true hidden gem! On Thursdays from 3p-7p the high tea special is only 125 QAR a person. It includes unlimited tea (which you can sample) and mocktails, extensive finger sandwiches served with scones and arabic pastries that you can refill upon request, Beef Wellington carved at your table served with mash potatoes and Ratatouille, and sorbet made at the table. Everything is delicious and the service is superb. Hassan and his wait staff are all very attentive. I will be coming back very soon. Go before the secret gets out!

City Centre R, General Manager at Caramel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2017

Dear Miranda C

Thank you for the great review on the Caramel High Tea. We really appreciate the positive feedback and I will be sure to share with Hassan and his team. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.