“Excellent but way out of town” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Ritz-Carlton, Doha

The Ritz-Carlton, Doha
Ranked #15 of 139 Hotels in Doha
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Excellent but way out of town”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2012

I stayed at this Hotel as it was hosting the MultaQa Conference. Excellent Hotel and good conference facilities.

However, I was combining the Conference with meetings in Doha City, which is 30 to 60 minutes away depending on traffic.

If you are in Doha for business choose the Sharq Village & Spa, (also a Ritz Hotel), or the Sheraton, both of which are excellent and on the main Doha bay and never more than 10 to 15 minutes from any meeting that's in the city.

Room Tip: Choose a room overlooking the Sea as the front of the Hotel can be noisy.
1 Thank Tony P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Rockledge, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

This hotel is amazing! This was my second time to Doha - last time I stayed at the Four Seasons. This visit was for a conference near the Pearl area so I tried the Ritz. Wow! One of the best examples of customer service I have ever seen.

From the moment I arrived, the staff was incredible. I arrived mid-morning and waited only a few minutes to get my room and was served a wonderful latte while I waited. The next morning when I arrived for breakfast, the waiter asked me if I would be having another latte! Amazing.

It is the small things that make a difference. There was always plenty of complimentary water in the room. At one point, I think I had five bottles available. I hate when you get only one small bottle and then have to resort to the $25 bottle of minibar water. In locations where it is not advisable to drink the tap water, this should not be an extra.

The outdoor pool area was very relaxing and the indoor lap pool was fantastic.

One of the things I hated the last time I visited Qatar was the taxi situation. It is very hard to get a taxi and then you have to fight with them to turn on the meter. But even this didn't bother me as much this time as the door staff was very quick to help me decide whether to wait for a taxi or if it was worth it to pay for the hotel limo. When I wasn't in a hurry, they helped me get a taxi, made sure the driver knew where I wanted to go and the drivers were all fine with turning on the meter.

I had a club room which gave me access to the lounge. In the lounge there was food pretty much all day, free wifi and comfortable chairs to relax in.

This isn't the newest hotel in Doha but it is very well maintained, and my room was perfect.

London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

We stayed for one night in March 2012. Room was large and comfortable. Beginning to show its age but very clean. We dined in the french restaurant on the top floor which was excellent (apart from the cliched music!). Breakfast buffet also very good. Only issue was we hadn't been told it was necessary to book a taxi an hour before you need it, so we booked a hotel car instead.

Oslo, Oslo, Norway
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2012

Stayed here for 4 nights in August 2011 .
It was Ramadan - big mistake. ( Ramadan comes in different times of the year , and we were not aware that its in August that year , and the hotel said nothing on it altho it was from the beggining to the end of the month) .
Dont visit this part of the world when the Natives r hungry , and their level of tolerance to u as a westerner christian , so low.
We were not able to drink alcohol on our holiday - Only in our bedroom,& not being able to eat in public in daylight hours spoil a big deal of a neccecery part to a vacation , every vacation , also the hotel's best restaurant & nightclub was closed.

It is a business hotel so unless u r on conference's / business meetings dont bother.

To be completely honest the hotel restaurants r good tho over priced , Especially the Italian restaurant is good.(Porcini). The buffet restaurant is have a good variety of food.

In addition there is the Qatar equivalent of Palm Island Dubai very close to the hotel

The pool area is attractive and ok.

Another Big problem is the Location - really far away from the city and everithing else.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Switzerland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2012

I was ther for business. Everything was very good. Prices are quite on the upper level. Didn't use the swimming pool..so I can not judge. Honestly I would not go there for holidays with my family