Movenpick Hotel Doha(Doha)(Great Value!)
USD 61
  • Beachfront
USD 122
  • Restaurant
1,140 results
All reviewscoral restaurantbelgian cafegreek restaurantmykonos restaurantfish marketthe club loungeprivate beachnew wingpresidential suitepool arealarge poolsea viewbuilding sitemain restaurantexcellent hotelthe pearlwest bay
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Spent three nights here at the end of our holiday and greatly enjoyed the hotel. Pool area really lovely for lounging about - nice size with great facilities. We were in a Club room and therefore had access to the Club Lounge which was excellent with absolutely fantastic staff - nothing was too much trouble. Had wonderful Afternoon Tea on two occasions. Went to the Museum of Islamic Art by hotel courtesy bus and told we would be picked up three hours later. Although it was extremely busy with heavy traffic, the driver arrived exactly on time to take us back to the hotel. Definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ralston
ICDOHA, Quality & Brand Manager at InterContinental Doha, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Dear ralston,

Thank you very much for your lovely review of our hotel. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay. A great guest experience is something our staff takes great pride in, so we truly value your feedback. We hope to welcome you back again so we can provide you an amazing experience.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

We stayed 4 nights to break up the trip from the UK back to Australia, arrived at 1:30 am on 28th March and checked out on Saturday 31st March. We booked two interconnecting rooms (Superior Room) as we travelled with 3 young children including one infant. We were greeted at the Airport by the hotel's shuttle bus that we booked privately. The driver spoke very good english and assisted with the luggage and provided water for the journey to the hotel. During the journey from the airport to hotel, we were called by the hotel to welcome us to Doha and asked if we needed anything for our arrival at the hotel. This was a very nice personal touch. The hotel is clean and well presented and the staff are excellent. We asked for extra water and a cot as we were travelling with an infant, the hotel provided everything that we needed. We stayed in rooms 335 and 337, unfortunately you can hear noise from the function area and restaurants at night. At first we thought the music was coming from a neighbouring room as we could hear music until 2am. The next night (Thursday) we could hear music again which started at 9pm. I left the room to see where the music was coming from and it was not from the rooms above, below or next door. I believe the entertainment from the restaurants and ballrooms travels up through the open area by the lifts and down the corridors. The same noise occurred on the Friday night too, same hours. Perhaps the rooms furthest away from the lifts and higher up may not hear the music. Our rate included breakfast at the Coral Restaurant. The selection of food and the quality of service was excellent across the four mornings. Excellent food and service at Mykonos too. Great for the whole family. Fridays are busy periods and we found the Pool Terrace struggled to keep up with the orders. I ordered a chicken club sandwich and waited nearly two hours. I was told my original order was delivered to the wrong table. We would return but pay for an ocean view room (our room overlooked mainly construction work) and pay for a room furthest from the lift area to avoid the noise. All staff that we spoke with were polite and helpful, the kids had a great time in the pool and the quality of food was excellent.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family

Dear vintage579,

Thank you very much for your review of our hotel. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay. A great guest experience is something our staff takes great pride in, so we truly value your feedback.

We would like to apologise for any inconvenience you've faced during your stay and rest assured we will cascade your feedback to our concerned department for necessary and corrective action.

We hope to welcome you back again so we can provide you an even better experience.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

The stay in this hotel has exceeded my already high expectations. This is one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in without any doubt. Excellent rooms fully equipped in accordance with the InterContinental standards. I recommend taking a sea view room to enjoy the thrilling view of the sea, fabulous pool and the city. The suite is perfect for family stay. Great spacious living room, two bathrooms and one extra toilet, a kitchenette, lots of place for everything. I would also recommend Club Lounge, where delicious breakfasts and snacks are served in wonderful and tranquil atmosphere. The hotel’s lobby and rooms are beautifully decorated in compliance with the InterContinental standards, but also in the national authentic style in the same time. The concierge service is top-notch. Transfers, restaurant bookings and advice were provided swiftly and professionally. Excursions offered by the hotel in partnership with Qatar International Tours are well organized and highly recommended - we booked a desert safari and totally enjoyed this mind boggling trip. The swimming pool as I have already mentioned is just great - really big, lots of space for everyone, different levels of depths suitable both for adults and kids. A separate swimming pool for toddlers is also available. The hotel’s sandy beach is really beautiful and has lots of sun beds. The sea is great for swimming, especially when the tide is high. The food served in the restaurants is great, several restaurants are there to choose from. We particularly enjoyed a pool bar, where great snacks were served during the day and excellent shisha is available in the evening. Room service is fast and efficient too, excellent cleaning and fast response to any requests. If you are into sports, then definitely you would appreciate the hotel’s superb gym. Spa facilities also deserve accolades. The hotel also has a kids playroom with a supervisor on the ground floor and a playground outside, both of which the children loved. The location of the hotel is very picturesque and ideal for a great vacation. To sum up, we had a perfect stay in this hotel, which is absolutely flawless. The value for money is totally there and even exceeds the usually high InterContinental expectations! Big thanks to all the staff of this hotel and special thanks to Mr. Mohamed Bedeir for a very warm and professional welcome.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family

Dear amk2f,

Thank you very much for your lovely review of our hotel. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay and that we have exceeded your expectations. A great guest experience is something our staff takes great pride in, so we truly value your feedback. We hope to welcome you back again so we can provide you an amazing experience.

Reviewed 31 March 2018

Went for a drink in Paloma restaurant, had a drink, service a bit sloe, I presume , customer is more than what the waiter can handle.

While having a drink, I approach two female, had a chit chat, after the introduction, they claim to be from Thailand whereby their accent is clearly identify that their are from Philippine. That ok with me s their are looking for some business I suppose.

They ask me to buy a drink,. as a gesture, I call up the gentlemen (indian nationality), and told him that the ladie want a drink. He said it will cost per drink Qatar 100/=. I asked him why the drink is so expensive whereby I had a beer is only about 20 Qatar money. He said it normal for the drink which is requested. I asked him but why it is expensive, he keep mentioned that it normal for the drink that they ask ( Date 31st Mar 2018, time 0030Hrs). I paid and not a problem. Then after the ladies went missing.

Then I asked the same supervisor, what happen to the ladies went missing, he said I dont know. Then the security approached me with quite a rude manner, I told the security what happen, surprisingly the security just back off.

First question, why the security back off after I told the actual story. Isn't it the security to stand beside the customer and investigate. Something very fishy here

Immediately I was approached my the Outlet manger, Octavian Oprisor, who pull me aside and told me that not to worry about things.

He said he is monitoring the customer who is running the illegal activities and so far he has already identified 38 people.

Now my questions, if he already identified 38 people who is taking advantages with the normal customer, then what the hotel management is doing about it.

I believe it is just a scam among the operator in the Paloma cafe/restaurant/bar who taking advantage on customer.

When a customer asked, why the drink for the lady is so expensive, they should explained why it so rather than saying, IT NORMAL PRICE (100 Qatar money), it seem very difficult to accept.

With these kind of people exist in the organisation, it obviously will tarnish the hotel name and the country name.

I hope management will do something about it rather than keep everything under the carpet and mistreat the customer

So visitor , please be aware of the scam among the staff and the customer in this location.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
3  Thank dunhill2015
ICDOHA, Manager at InterContinental Doha, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2018

Dear dunhill2015,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We regret to learn the inconveniences you faced during your visit at the Paloma, as that is not up to our normal standards. We will share your feedback with our team and ensure that necessary actions will be taken into consideration to avoid the same situation in the future.

Quality and Brand Manager

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Omkumar provided the best service. We love the guy and will be back every week.
The food and the hotel is amazing. Beach is perfect. Brunch is probably the best I’ve had in Qatar. I will be back again

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rich L
ICDOHA, Quality & Brand Manager at InterContinental Doha, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2018

Dear Rich L,

Thank you very much for your review of Coral brunch. We are delighted that you had a great time. A postive guest experience is something our staff takes great pride in, so we truly value your feedback. Rest assured that your compliments will be cascaded to the rest of Coral team, especially Omkumar.

We look forward to welcome you again.