All reviews zeitouna bay room was clean lovely hotel location is great room service reception corniche war toiletries fridge downtown taxis amenities
Reviewed 30 September 2018

We arrived to the hotel from the airport by taxi. The taxi driver was trying to overcharge us for the trip, he had also picked up other passengers along the way but was charging us the full amount - I asked the receptionist if he could assist due to the language barrier but he informed me to pay the man the full amount. I later found out this is a common taxi scam used on tourists that no doubt the staff are aware of. I accept responsibility for what happened but just needed some assistance with the language.

Upon check in we were given a room we did not book. I had booked a double room with King size bed, we were given a twin room (which was also cold and damp). I contacted reception and explained there had been a mistake but I was told that nothing else was available until the morning so perhaps we should push the beds together. Not the ideal response to somebody over the phone?!

We freshened up and went to reception and asked for somewhere local to go for some food and a drinks. He informed me that there was nowhere local for this. I explained we would walk for 15 mins or even get an uber but he did not have any suggestions or local knowledge to share. We left the hotel and found a rooftop bar 5 mins away. I had specifically picked the Beverly hotel for its central location between neighborhoods so was surprised when he told me this.

The breakfast the following morning was adequate. It had a good selection but would not be described as freshly cooked.

The day receptionist was more helpful and explained that our bags would be moved to our new room. Our luggage was moved and the room was a great improvement from the initial room. However I had to go to reception on 3 separate occasions as the room key was not activated properly.The AC in the room was not working properly as condensation was forming on it and blowing droplets onto the bed during the night.

On our final day, we were going to explore the city so requested a map. Reception printed a map from google - again without highlighting any local sights or attractions.

The hotel is not as clean as it could be. The staff need training in customer service and altogether it did not make for an enjoyable stay due to its many faults. Please look elsewhere.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 September 2018

We booked a family suit from months ago via Booking. Since we were a group of young women we were told that the Zeituna Bay area would be quite safe. Having a verification number and a mail from the hotel confirming our stay, we arrived at the Beverly Hotel very relaxed. We arrived at the hotel around 1.30 am. The receptionist told us that the pipes in our room are broken so that we can't stay there. He told us that "You can relax here, leave your luggage and search for another hotel". While all these were happening, the receptionist seemed to be enjoying our situation with a grin on his face. He told us that there were no guests staying in the hotel and when we wanted to see our room he refused to show it. When we requested for help, he called another hotel nearby and so we stayed there for the night. Next morning lets guess what happened when we went to the Beverly Hotel to see the manager? The place was full of people enjoying their breakfasts. I wanted to see someone in charge and all they could say is "sometimes we have problems with our rooms" "Did you really have a problem with the pipes at all?" and no answer at all. After some phone calls they offered to pay for our 2 nights stay in the other hotel. And we thought "okay, at least they try to cover for their mistake." (actually not a mistake, a total lie). But of course things didn't end here. Next day they phoned our room. They didn't even send someone to inform us, instead they wanted us to go their hotel! What an attitude! When i went there they told me that in order to pay for our 2 nights we have to stay at their hotel for the last night. I tried to refuse it but didn't really go for another argument. Since we were exhausted from all the arguments we had in Beirut (from the taxi drivers to the hotel) we said ok and went back to their place. I've been to many places and stayed in very different hotels (from 5 stars to the hostels) and yet never experienced something like this. From the very beginning to the end this was the worst stay I've ever experienced. I have never felt so vulnerable being in a different country.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Navigator485173
Reviewed 23 September 2018

Hello,

I have been booking with booking.com for years now and was extremely disappointed with my experience this past weekend. I had booked a hotel to Beirut back in April 2018. It was for a short weekend from September 20th-22nd. I have been speaking to the hotel ever since I booked it, regarding our Anniversary we were celebrating, our late check out etc.

On September 20th as I am about to board my flight I received an e-mail from the property just confirming our stay for that day and how much I would pay and wanted to welcome us. Our flight had been delayed a little bit so we showed up around 11:30pm on the 20th. We gave them our passports and details and they make us wait for a good 20 minutes, later to find out they gave our room away. They told us there is nothing they can do they gave our room away to someone else. I was in actual shock hearing this from a hotel I had booked in April being a Genius member I am being told my room was given away. I ask them what do they expect us to do I have no idea where I am and you are telling me I don't have a room. They say we can stay at their sister hotel... at this point I am desperate for anything so I say sure show me it. A man with no teeth and doesn't speak an ounce of English takes us down a dark road to this horrible hotel. He takes us up to the 10th floor and says we can stay here. There is disgusting cup holder marks on all the tables, some of the lights don't even work, there is poop stains in the shower, and our room is staring at a wall. My boyfriend and I both thought this was a scam and they were going to rob us. We were terrified so I made them take us back to the other hotel immediately.

We arrived back to the original hotel I had booked and should be staying at. I tell them this is so unprofessional I am not staying at the other hotel it is disgusting and terrifying (confused why I even have to explain myself when I booked this hotel). Then the staff are completely rude to us saying sorry there is nothing we can do. Then I asked for a Manager multiple times and the front desk man ignored us for a good 15 minutes as we searched for wifi and try to find somewhere to sleep. Finally, a lady named Doris calls someone and tells us they can upgrade us to a suite ( which I am confused why they didn't do this in the first place knowing we were stranded and they gave our room away). They then say they are sorry so they will give us 2 free drinks ( even though it was agreed since I am a genius member I would get 2 drinks either way, which we never received). We go up to the room and this "suite" is nothing even comparable to what we booked. All this hotel room had was 5 single beds. We were celebrating our Anniversary this weekend and we each had to sleep in a single bed each. The AC kept dripping out ice cubes and the bathroom floor had mold on it. I am not sure how this suite even was a nice gesture in the end.

We finally settle in and enjoy our two nights in Beirut... outside of this horrible hotel. Then Saturday comes around and we check out with more issues. When we first got to our the bell boy tells us all water is free, when we go to the lobby they told us we need to pay for it. Then for a good 15 minutes we go back and forth and then FINALLY they agree to not make us pay (which you would think they would have done out of all the troubles they gave us). Earlier in the week I had confirmed with the hotel if they could hold our bags and they said no problem. I went down to ask the front desk guy if we could hold our bags and he goes put them anywhere we will take care of them. I already don't trust this hotel and I asked can we have at least a receipt or proof you have them and he gets pissed off throwing our keys on the desk multiple times and speaks in Arabic to the bell boy and puts a sticker on the bags and still does not give us a receipt. We had to just leave and trust they would keep them.

We finally picked up our bags and left. Overall, this was one of the worst experiences I have ever experienced through booking.com. They didn't even do anything for our Anniversary and had us sleep in single beds. They gave our room away and didn't do one thing to make our time enjoyable. I am in shock this hotel is even on booking.com and has the ratings it has. I am not saying I will never book through booking.com again, but I believe I will go directly with the hotel next time since I am now scared for future trips I have booked and trusting the hotels and reviews that are listed.

Diane

Room Tip: Never stay here
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 August 2018

Me and my friend have chosen this hotel due to its location - right in the centre of Beirut. The staff is very friendly and polite. Room is quite small with ok design, our air conditioning was not working properly. The staff was informed about it several times, but the situation did not change. Luckily the weather in April was not super hot. Breakfast is eatable, but could be better.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 August 2018 via mobile

The location was perfect. You can reach to the seaside by walking easily. Also it is close to everywhere, especially night clubs. The room was good, cleaning was good, hotel stuff was nice. Also the breakfast was delicious. It was much more better than what we expected.

To sum up, I strongly recommend and, if I visit Beirut again I am gonna choose Beverly Hotel again for sure.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends