All reviews hamra street civil war nice hotel location is amazing stayed here for nights lebanon heart gym slippers balconies cafes usd aub
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Location of this hotel is it's best feature - in Hamra within walking distance to many shops and restaurants. The rooms are spacious and clean and the staff are friendly and polite. The room was nothing special and the furniture is dated.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Sarah M, Guest Relations Manager at Le Commodore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

Dear Gill B, Thank you for your feedback and thank you for choosing our hotel. We are very happy to know that you have enjoyed your stay with our services and outlets. Hope to see you soon again, Sincerely,

Reviewed 29 March 2018

The best things about this hotel is location and service. It is in Hamra area where you are a walking distance from the most important street in Beirut full of cafes, bars, restaurants, shops, banks, money exchanges and places to shop. The service was great and I think I experienced the fasted check-in ever. The room and bathroom was clean and equipped with most of what you need but the hotel in general is a bit old, I didn’t mind that because I was alone on a business trip and the rate I got was very good (I used Expedia)

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

The best thing I experienced at Commodore Hotel was the conference room. It was comfortable and very well.
I enjoyed the delicious food during the lunches for two days. The sweet desert was heavenly.

I didn’t try sleeping there but I bet it’s amazing!
The location is amazing as it is in the heart of Hamra and near all places in Beirut.

Thanks for the amazing friendly staff.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
Sarah M, Guest Relations Manager at Le Commodore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Dear Bitonya, Thank you for your feedback and thank you for choosing our hotel. We are very happy to know that you have enjoyed your conference with our services and outlets. Hope to see you soon again, Sincerely,

Reviewed 17 February 2018

Hotel is convenient to American University of Beirut and many shops. Staff are friendly. Decoration in rooms is slightly dated. Overall good value. Be careful the door is well shut though because if not it can be forced open. The buffet breakfast has many Lebanese items that most North Americans would probably not eat. Another word of warning the USD$35.00 American breakfast is over priced you can get a better deal paying on-site - continental breakfast is USD$18.00

Room tip: Be careful the door is well shut though because if not it can be forced open.
Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Sarah M, Guest Relations Manager at Le Commodore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2018

Dear Judith ,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us at Le Commodore Hotel and we apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Please let us know when you will be coming back and we will make sure that your next stay will be memorable.

We hope that this will not keep you from coming back again to Le Commodore Hotel.

Best regards,

Reviewed 3 November 2017 via mobile

I stayed 5 nights in Le Commodore. My first impression though wasn’t great. After a very long trip from my country, and even though I arrived at check in time, I had to wait for more than an hour in the lobby for my room to be ready. When my room was ready, I was surprised to find it a “smoking” room, even though I explicitly requested a “non smoking” when I booked it. Eventually, they changed the room, but I was extremely exhausted by the end of all this hustle. The room was spacious and clean. The location of the hotel is the best thing about it. It’s a couple minutes walk to Hamra Street which has a lot of restaurants and stores. All in all, it was a good stay, except for the not-so-smooth check in upon my arrival.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
Sarah M, Guest Relations Manager at Le Commodore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2017

Dear Mohammed_Shaya ,