All reviewshamra streetthe club loungesea viewtop floorbusiness tripfree accessbusy arealocation is greatal hamrafront office managerindoor poolrooms are cleannice stayvery nice hotelwalking distancedouble roomamerican university
Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

A nice property with courteous staff and comfortable room overlooking sea in quite floor. Check in was seamless and good connectivity. Overall a great hotel if you wanna be in the busy Hamra district in the heart of the beating heart of Beirut.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Ed E
Management response:Responded 21 August 2017

Reviewed 7 August 2017

I arrived late at night and they had no non-smoking rooms. My room was not "bad" but you could tell it had that "smell that covers up smoke" odor. As well, a repairman came barging in my room not realizing I had checked in (the TV didn't work) and then when I went to go to bed, the one light in the entry was flashing every 6 seconds. I pulled out the light bulb myself. So it was a rough start.

However the next day I was moved into a non-smoking room without the "disco" light. (Not sure if the TV worked, never tried it.) and everything was great. The breakfast was pretty good although there was a conference group staying at the hotel so at times it could be busy, but at least it went late enough you could go after they all left.

It was pretty quiet. There was a wedding every night we stayed and I never once heard any noise/commotion.

Nice service and in a good location on Hamra for restaurants and coffee shops and shopping. Good value for money although not super new/renovated.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher room, you get a balcony and can see the sea better.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Management response:Responded 21 August 2017

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at Crowne Plaza BEIRUT. Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. We use feedback, such as yours, to continuously make changes to our brand to improve the guest experience. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed 30 July 2017

I stayed there for two nights on a business trip where I attended a workshop also organized in the business center of Crown Plaza. The room was spacious, clean and very welcoming. The staff are super friendly; especially with all that had to do with the workshop. Best place for business, with an amazing location for evening walks as well!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 31 July 2017

Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

As an IHG member, I have to say this is a good hotel due its location and indoor swimming pool, but it's not up to 5-star standards. I had a week stay at a sea-view room beginning 25 June 2017 and here's my review. The lobby is quite squeezed and small for a Crowne Plaza. The front-desk felt so unmodernised as much as the entire hotel. It is in real need of refurbishment and renovation. Its location in downtown Beirut at Hamra Street is its biggest feature along with its high-floor indoor pool. However, the surrounding wooden deck is really outdated! The main restaurant serves breakfast with good variety of items, but unfortunately not changed that much on a daily basis! The hotel itself isn't located near the seaside, so sea-view rooms have a mix of buildings and faraway sea scenery! The AC systems within rooms is very old and manual. Like most parts in Lebanon if not all, no hand-spray hoses or shattaf in toilets exist at all (very unhygienic). The hotel is living up with its friendly staff; that's it. If you're looking for a luxury hotel with well-renowned 5-star standards, look somewhere else! Please Crowne Plaza guys, try and renovate this hotel as soon as possible!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 17 July 2017

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza and for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience at Crowne Plaza BEIRUT.

I would like to start by apologizing to you for not meeting your expectations. We strive to make each stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible, and we will use your comments to coach our team in order to provide a better experience in the future.

Reviewed 6 July 2017

I booked bed only, as I like to eat outside and try different kinds of food and different experiences, also I spent almost whole day outside the hotel.
There were like engine sounds outside the room for 24/7 non-stop. My wife didn't find it disturbing, but I did.
I couldn't sleep till I have my ear covers on.
Pool is safe for children and it has a nice view up there in the 21st floor.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family