All reviews costa coffee hamra street wi fi airport pick small kitchenette nice hotel modern design smoking room location is great hotel is situated visiting beirut yogurt heart rami microwave cafes arabic
Reviewed 19 May 2018 via mobile

Very nice location; where you can walk to the seaside and the shopping area. Helpfull staff. Nice breakfast with fresh coffee. Quite big comfortable room. The only detail we did not like was the bathroom, it is not small has a big bath tub; but the door makes it hard to move in the bathroom. But we were happy to stay there for a first visit in Beirut which we loved.
There are very nice and costly small restaurants around for all kinds of food. The staff also helps if you want to take a tour around Beirut.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 May 2018 via mobile

Its an excellent hotel . A very helpful stuff especially a guy named Rami he helped us.the breakfast is very good , clean rooms and the location is in the heart of hamra next to a different shops and cafes. I highly recommend this place .

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 April 2018

Beirut has several nice districts for shopping, eating and nightlife. This hotel was in one of them with very many restaurants nearby.

A very unfortunate thing happened using booking.com. We had a confirmed reservation. On the day of our arrival, booking.com sent us an email that our credit card refused accepting the charge that morning for the stay, and that we had basically just some hours to respond to make the payment. As we were mid-air, there was no way we could have received that email. When we arrived, our booking was cancelled. The staff was kind enough to give us another room at a small discount to their last minute rate (but still more expensive by about 20% than the confirmed reservation by booking.com) so that we would not be roaming the town looking for a place to stay in the late evening with heavy luggage. We were grateful for their help!!! I think the hotel took up the slack and compensated for the poor service of booking.com.

PS we sent an email complaint explaining in detail the exact situation to booking.com and what we think they should do to correct their process. We never received any reply, much less an apology. We suppose from a business perspective, they probably believe overall, it is better marketing for them to claim “no upfront payment till the day of arrival” and lose a few unfortunate unhappy customers whose charge card security requires user approval (eg, MasterSecure) and do not receive cancellation notice because they are in the very midst of getting to the hotel.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Safari_Sahra
Reviewed 22 April 2018 via mobile

So where to stay in Beirut-where would you like to be and how much money do you want to spend? The city is very spread out and across various neighbourhoods and hotels of very different standards. We decided we wouldn’t be in the hotel a lot as we were taking tours so decided not to spend a huge amount on our hotel

35 rooms is in a busy area -Hamra lots of shops, cafes and casual dining. Just a walk to the corniche and 20/25 min walk to Downtown with its high end shopping, government buildings and expensive hotels.
You may consider staying in two locations if you were staying for a week so that you see more of the city

So 35 rooms the room was clean - yes basic (?) but that is the price we paid approx €60 per night. The bed was comfortable a big tv with some English channels a great shower and bathroom and a mini kitchen.

We had a breakfast inclusive rate and yes it was basic(?). I believe a couple of small things might improve it slices of fruit ie melon not in syrup. Perhaps a pod coffee machine for a fresh coffee. There was plenty to choose from 3 juices, two egg dishes a dish of fruit salad, plain yoghurt and fruit flavour. Pastries with local flavours and soft cheese. Again back to the rate I paid and so I can say it was great for the rate paid

35 rooms suited us for this visit

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 April 2018

35 Rooms has a lot going for it and a few things that could use improvement.
Staff here is pretty friendly, though they're mostly younger guys who are interested in smoking outside when customers don't need anything. Not a big deal, as soon as they see you at the desk they come right back in. Rooms are definitely on the low budget side, as this is a budget accommodation. The beds were pretty firm and uncomfortable though, and the room was constantly dark due to the lack of any strong lights. The bathroom was excellent with enough room to move and excellent hot water/pressure.

The location is good and bad, depending on what you want. It's in the heart of Hamra so there's plenty of places to eat, drink, and be merry. You'll never be bored, thirsty, or hungry. On the other hand if you're a tourist you're kinda of in the middle of the main areas with sights to see. So you're looking at a 10-20 min walk in either direction before you get to one of the bigger "sights" in the city. Not a big issue for me since I like to walk but if you prefer access, this isn't an ideal spot.

I had a minor medical issue while I was staying here and I really appreciated that the front desk clerk took the time to draw me a map to show me where I could find a pharmacist open at 4 AM. Wandering the streets of Beirut while experiencing almost debilitating muscle spasms was less than ideal but at least I knew where I was going thanks to his help!

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo