All reviews transit stay top level shuttle bus buffet breakfast comfort
Reviewed 21 August 2017

Kuwait Airways provide this Hotel for Transit Passengers free this Hotel good but u cant go out side, Wireless internet is available in the entire hotel for free, nice view of runway food quality and quantity average

Room Tip: run way side room good
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank ASLAM A
Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

No need to explain the experience, it was my only solution for my family, Room good space, decent and clean.

But it was very isolated from the outside world, Abonded planes in front of your window looks spooky, Facility like a school or cage.

Restaurant food is eatable but their organization is poor, but you just be blessed to be able to have some dinner cuz some don't in this world.

Would've been better to book some hotel outside.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Rida J
Reviewed 13 July 2017

I never write reviews for any hotels I stay in, but I feel people need to know what this hotel is like.

I stayed here with my boyfriend, en route to Thailand as a stop over for one night at the end of March 2017. We arrived into Kuwait Airport, there were no sign posts for 'Airport Hotel'/'Transit Area' or anything, I am not one of those silly people that blindly walk past sign posts and say there weren't any, neither my boyfriend nor I saw any, and if they were they were in the local language. After being misdirected 3 times, we finally found the transit area to the hotel, which ended up being directly next to the exit gate we had come out of an hour earlier. No one spoke English, which is fine as I traveled the world over and am used to getting by with basic phrases and hand signals, but there was no excuse for the rudeness of the staff at the desk. We gave them our name and they gave us what I assume was a ticket to give the bus driver to the airport. We were then gestured towards a seating area and left there for 1.5 hours. We had been given no instructions about where to go/who to wait for/how long we would wait so we were getting worried we had missed the bus to the airport.

After waiting for hours, a man walked into the waiting area and we were frog marched, along with other guests, through the airport with no one telling us where we were going etc. We arrived at an airport security/baggage x-ray set up. The man who was taking us to the hotel then proceeded to make us wait for another 2 hours while other people proceeded to queue up either side and go through the security point. Quite why the man was making us wait I do not know, but everyone started getting noticeably irate and irritable as most of us had been on a flight for hours beforehand.

After hours of more waiting, the man took us through security and we boarded the bus. We were taken across the runway to the hotel, meaning the hotel was completely isolated from the airport/outside world. We went into the hotel, and instead of going through more baggage x-rays that were set up, completely bypassed it and went through another barrier, which begs the question, what is the purpose of the x-ray in the first place?

We had to give our passports in behind the desk, which were kept in the open in slots on the wall, visible from the front of the desk. Not good security at all especially for such important documents. We were told the time we needed to be back at reception the next morning and what time breakfast was and sent on our way.

The rooms were very good, if not a little dirty, but nothing major. I had a good sleep, the bathroom was okay, and the public spaces were good. No noise and wifi was good.

My biggest problem with this hotel was the fact that the management have failed to take into account what food/drink is to be provided for the guests. Since the hotel is isolated from the airport, and the fact we were marched through the hotel straight after getting off the plane (and not wanting to leave the waiting area in case we missed the bus to the airport) we had not eaten since midway through the flight. There was no food available on check in to the hotel, and by the time breakfast came we were starving after more than 12 hours.

We went down to breakfast at the stated time and there was no one else there which we thought was odd. After seeing the breakfast I saw why. The food was horrendous, brown salad and fruit, juice that had been left out in the heat, some odd sausages and some eggs. Nothing had any labels which left you to try and guess what we were eating. I resorted to having the safest option, bread however that was so dry and bland I decided I'd wait until the airport and get some edible food. We were sat at the table for about 3 minutes after giving up all hope of eating at the hotel. TIP: BRING FOOD WITH YOU FROM THE AIRPORT/DUTY FREE IF YOU WANT TO EAT ANYTHING WHILE AT THE HOTEL.

All in all, the hotel and experience was completely abysmal. I understand the stay was free and you shouldn't complain if you're getting it for free, but I would rather have paid for my own room in a nicer hotel away from the airport. Nothing was organised and no one ever reassured you with any information as to what you needed to do etc.

I work in a hotel myself, and I know these problems are not basic problems to solve but I think the hotel owners/management need a major rethink/overhaul of the services provided. I am not one of those people who find things to complain about however, by the end of the stay we couldn't wait to leave Kuwait and go on wards to Thailand. It is bad a hotel can this much of a negative effect on a whole experience.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Charlotte R
Reviewed 1 July 2017 via mobile

We booked and payed money to stay in this what is supposedly named a hotel fora only 9 hours as we had a transit for another flight. I was so upset they kept us in the airport business lounge more than one hour an ahalf though it is only 5min destance and though i was calling. When we came to the hotel really i was shocked how poor it is . No fridge to put water or any food in.the only good thing is internet is for free.even if you wanna have a shower no shower gel only waterReally i do feel very upset for the money waisted in such a place

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 May 2017

Had the misfortune of using this hotel. Had prepaid for this hotel whilst transitting. Spent two hours for the airline/hotel staff at the airport for them to figure out the booking. Name given to us of the hotel and Safir were different.

The Front office staff seemed rude and arrogant, specially whilst checking out.
Rooms are OK for a transit hotel.
Although it has wifi, the signal would not come in certain rooms and did not help much even after changing of rooms.
The Chef and the stewards during lunch were courteous and efficient. May be this was the only plus point of the hotel..

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business