“Outstanding service”

Ranked #10 of 69 Hotels in Kuwait City
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Outstanding service”
Reviewed 23 March 2012

I stayed there for 2 weeks. Services was at the greatest level. Staffs are friendly and make you feel welcome. Room was nice, comfy, big and I dont remember any day that I did not sleep well. No complaint at all on the room. No problem with heater, aircond, tv, etc. The channel can be a lot more, but well, I can always stream online since the internet is really really fast.

Lets talk about the food. The buffet breakfast has a lot of variety. Unfortunately for me, most of the local foods just dont get along with my taste. But the friendly waitresses make me feel the buffet is something that I need to have a good start of my day. I was suprised, not only the waitress are friendly, but the waiter as well. Special thanks to Mohamed for welcoming me everyday. The Rib Eye steakhouse. I ordered a burger, and the patty was juicy and tasty and the portion is really big. Then there is another Lebanese food restaurant. I ate there twice and the food is good. The only restaurant which dissapointed me is the italian, Pregio. Though the food is good, but the staff is not. I had to wait almost 10 minutes just to get someone to bring me the menu. I had also a few room service, and all of them really meet my expectation.

Location wise, the hotel is a bit far from the city. But within walking distance, there is a lot of market which mainly sell garments and some street food. Fatayar they called is a must try as well as whole grilled chicken. Also, there is some electronics store I think around 15 minutes walking from the hotel. There is another fashion outlet store, around 20 minutes walking in the other end of the hotel, where you can get a lot out of seasons clothes. I even bought a CK jacket at half price of what it being sold in my country. The nearest mall is the 360 mall which is 5 minutes driving.

In terms of taxi, I would suggest not to take taxi from the concierge part. I was charged for 5KWD from there to city, where if I took a normal taxi, it would only cost me 2.5KWD max. There are a lot of taxi especially if you go around back of the hotel. Try to bargain. I even got 1.5KWD from hotel to the avenues mall.

Overall, the services is outstanding. I would be really glad to stay here if I'll ever have anymore trips to Kuwait. Kudos to the staffs!

Room Tip: 6 floor room was nice
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Muaz_Zainal
CrownePlazaKuwait, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Kuwait Al Thuraya City, responded to this review, 7 April 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking time to share your excellent experience through tripadvisor and assure you that this kind of feedback is very stimulating and makes our work even more pleasant.

You comments about the service staff and the excellent food offered at the buffet restaurant, Rib Eye, Ayam Zaman - Lebanese restaurant and the room service are very much valued. Rest assured that your kind words will be shared with Mohamed directly.

Thank you for pointing out the shortfall of the service at the Italian restaurant. Your remarks have already been communicated to the outlet Manager for an immediate revision.

Thank you once again for your comments and I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to Crowne Plaza Kuwait.

Best regards,

Elezi Zekirija
Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Cambridge
Reviewed 19 March 2012

Quick check in by very friendly staff. Room upgraded due to my ICH card. Great location near to the airport but no noise. Great selection of restaurants, I ate in the Japanese, Italian and Iranian all were very nice.
I would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank NateCambs
Riyadh
Reviewed 17 March 2012

I have been using this hotel for over 3 years now and never did I have any complaint on their services, the staff and their service exceeded my expectations in all my visits, one particular staff who stands out is Elena Cutitoiu..... keep up the good work !

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Aamerfd
Dubai
Reviewed 14 March 2012

Although it is old yet well maintained food is very good and rooms are extremely comfortable in Addition to very good gym and pool recommended

• Stayed March 2012

12.3 km away
Ibis Sharq Kuwait
Ibis Sharq Kuwait
#11 of 69 in Kuwait City

Been to Holiday Inn Kuwait Al Thuraya City? Share your experiences!