I stayed there for 2 weeks. Services was at the greatest level. Staffs are friendly and make you feel welcome. Room was nice, comfy, big and I dont remember any day that I did not sleep well. No complaint at all on the room. No problem with heater, aircond, tv, etc. The channel can be a lot more, but well, I can always stream online since the internet is really really fast.
Lets talk about the food. The buffet breakfast has a lot of variety. Unfortunately for me, most of the local foods just dont get along with my taste. But the friendly waitresses make me feel the buffet is something that I need to have a good start of my day. I was suprised, not only the waitress are friendly, but the waiter as well. Special thanks to Mohamed for welcoming me everyday. The Rib Eye steakhouse. I ordered a burger, and the patty was juicy and tasty and the portion is really big. Then there is another Lebanese food restaurant. I ate there twice and the food is good. The only restaurant which dissapointed me is the italian, Pregio. Though the food is good, but the staff is not. I had to wait almost 10 minutes just to get someone to bring me the menu. I had also a few room service, and all of them really meet my expectation.
Location wise, the hotel is a bit far from the city. But within walking distance, there is a lot of market which mainly sell garments and some street food. Fatayar they called is a must try as well as whole grilled chicken. Also, there is some electronics store I think around 15 minutes walking from the hotel. There is another fashion outlet store, around 20 minutes walking in the other end of the hotel, where you can get a lot out of seasons clothes. I even bought a CK jacket at half price of what it being sold in my country. The nearest mall is the 360 mall which is 5 minutes driving.
In terms of taxi, I would suggest not to take taxi from the concierge part. I was charged for 5KWD from there to city, where if I took a normal taxi, it would only cost me 2.5KWD max. There are a lot of taxi especially if you go around back of the hotel. Try to bargain. I even got 1.5KWD from hotel to the avenues mall.
Overall, the services is outstanding. I would be really glad to stay here if I'll ever have anymore trips to Kuwait. Kudos to the staffs!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Kuwait Al Thuraya City is the authentic urban resort and business hotel in Kuwait. We are conveniently located within 20 minutes from the major government & corporate offices, and only 5 minutes to The Grand Avenues Mall, and 360 Shopping Mall and Golf Club. Kuwait International Airport is only a 5-minute drive away. Business and leisure travelers alike will appreciate the lush grounds and the prestigious High ways in which you will find many experiences to last a lifetime. Enjoy the largest free-form swimming pool. Holiday Inn Kuwait Al Thuraya City offers 300 guestrooms with a variety of Pool view, suites and club floor rooms. The Hotel is equipped to host business meetings & social gatherings with eighteen flexible function rooms, and three grand ballrooms that accommodates up to 500 guests. 24-hour business centre with high-speed Internet access and Free Wi-Fi in all the guest rooms and meeting rooms that make doing business a snap. We offer wide choice of restaurants serving International cuisine, Iranian, Japanese, Middle Eastern, Far Eastern, American and seafood specialties. The renowned Spa and health Club invites guests to a variety of marvelous experiences with outstanding recreational facilities including a 24-hour gym, tennis, squash, swimming pools and numerous massage treatments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, lastminute.com.au, Hotels.com, Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn Kuwait Al Thuraya City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Hotel Kuwait City
- Crowne Plaza Kuwait City
- Holiday Inn Kuwait Al Thuraya City Kuwait City