See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 10 January 2017

Great hotel , Big parking , good for familiy. Try it and you will feel the same , renovation going on , 4th floor suites are very good and lift is not that great . great staffs and over all great experience . will come back

Room tip: 4th floor new rooms
Date of stay: December 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 29 December 2016 via mobile

We arrived to find our rooms had been double booked and their excuse was laughable.
Manager offered us to stay in 'a friends apartment' that he knew of.
Resorted to sleeping on old mattresses in some of the rooms.
The breakfast that was included left a lot to be desired.
Unpleasant experience all round, will not be returning or recommending.

Date of stay: November 2016
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 October 2016 via mobile

The loxation is out of the way from pretty much everything. Although there is a billiard hall not too far. Walking into the Carlton reminded me of an old Las Vegas hotel. There was packing tape holding the elevator button and I had to wonder. I think this hotel hit its peak around 1966.
On the upside the AC was efficient, the room and the sheets were clean and the bed comfortable enough.
The in room menu had no connection with what is available from the kitchen Although the available meals were palatable.
There were no wash cloths, just an oversized hand towell for drying.
As for the pool on the roof, well I would not use it. No water was moving and it lookrd pretty grungie.

Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank YLICOYOTE
Reviewed 22 October 2016

It was a good experience. Nice clean room and very good support from Reception and Asst.Front office manager.

Was allowed an early check in and check out free of cost and Good breakfast (This can be made even better)

They gave me an upgrade to junior suite which was excellent and I required a nice sleep after a previous day bitter experience near exhibition road.

They even offer nice discounts for corporate customers. I will certainly prefer them in Bahrain in my upcoming visit and recommend to business and family travelers.

Room tip: Corner Suite rooms are spacious and nice
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 15 October 2016

An overnight stay for £32.

For the price I was paying I was not expecting much. But when checking in I was upgraded to a suite. The lounge was huge with two sofas, a coffee table, desk and a TV. The bedroom was also large with a very big double bed. The price included wifi (which was not the greatest speed/coverage) which was workable AND free breakfast. The breakfast was limited in choice, but considering it was included in my rate, was perfectly acceptable.

The is NOT the Ritz-Carlton; but for £32 was perfectly acceptable. Will book again if I am overnight in Bahrain again.

• Trip type: Travelled on business