All reviews le sauvage luxury suite japanese restaurant premier room diplomatic area coffee machine room service the air conditioning an excellent hotel an upgrade business trip bahrain bay visiting bahrain house keeping special thanks imari brunch
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Very good, when visiting Bahrain you have to pass to this hotel nice place clean friendly service very good .. massage is amazing and more fatalities that you will not forget and you’ll back again and again.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
thedomain, General Manager at The Domain Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review and your comment on TripAdvisor.

We are overjoyed to read that you had a wonderful time in our modern luxury hotel and we lived up to your expectation.

We certainly look forward to welcome you back in The Domain Hotel and Spa.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The spa on the 15th floor of the Domain Hotel is definitely worth a visit. I booked a massage with Nalaka, which was really relaxing. He is professional, friendly and good at his job. Highly recommended.

Trip type: Travelled solo
thedomain, General Manager at The Domain Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for such a great review!

We work really hard to offer the best experience in the best possible environment to all our valued guests. Therefore, I am happy to see that reflected on your last visit to VIE lifestyle lab. I made sure that Nalaka got recognition he deserved. He was really happy to see your review.

Hope to see you again soon.

Frank N. Eikeland

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

We stayed on a Friday Brunch and Room deal which was very good value (it is hidden on their website a little, you have to call them to book it). The brunch was good, busy with full tables with everyone having fun but not being silly (as far as I could tell!). The cooked to order dishes were especially good, otherwise it has the usual selection of foods from a brunch.

Couple of things to improve from our point of view.
The reception on the ground floor needs a sign or something telling you to go to Hotel Reception (16th floor?) as we stood there for several minutes waiting to check in and were then told to go to 16th floor. There were 3 members of staff in the spa watching us but didn't offer to help whilst the door staff were all busy with other things (we had suitcases so obviously wanted to check in to the hotel!). Apparently the spa is a concession and not officially part of the hotel, but it wouldn't take much to put a sign on the desk.

Personally, pork bacon at breakfast would be good as an option.

The Friday Brunch "last orders" at 15:30 feels quite mean, in other brunches you can order up to the end of the brunch - even if the "last orders" could be taken to the bar on the 36th floor it would be better.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank kingmonty84

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

We are delighted to learn from your scoring that you've enjoyed your overall stay with us and had a great grown up brunch with us.

Please accept my sincerest apologies for any negative experience during your time with us. However, please note that the salon in the Ground floor is a concessionary managed by a third party and we're sorry for your experience upon arrival. Also note that the last drink order timing during the Friday brunch is set to ensure that there is sufficient time for drink preparation at the bar and timely delivery to the guests. We do offer a complimentary shot for all our brunch guests at level 36 during the after brunch party at level 36.

Once again we thank for your feedback and we do appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. Your comments are valued, and your suggestions will be used to consider possible improvements in the future.

Reviewed 4 November 2018 via mobile

The rooms are actually not bad, I had a great view! The breakfast was really good with a variety of selections, and the view is also nice. I had spa service in the women's section, where I wasn't too satisfied, first of all they have no robes for the guests, and their beds are not heated, I asked several times for tea and finally got it after I insisted the 3rd time, the relaxation room is small and the chairs are not comfortable as it's a hard plastic, I also utilized the nail salon on the bottom floor, it's situated within the hair salon, so not really a nail spa. There is a very small swimming pool situated indoors, and I do mean very small. Overall, the hotel is okay, doubt if I'll stay again.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
thedomain, General Manager at The Domain Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your visit to the Domain Hotel & Spa, Bahrain.

I am happy to read that you liked the room, great views from the room and restaurant and, the variety of breakfast.

I regret to hear that your spa and nail salon experience didn't meet with your expectations. I’ll share your feedback with the team here and rest assured, we’ll take your comments on board and where possible, look to make improvements.

We hope you give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations in the future.

Frank N. Eikeland

Reviewed 31 October 2018

The staff are generally friendly and the breakfast was generous. However, there are a number of ongoing structural and maintenance problems at the hotel. As several other guests have indicated, occasionally the room electronics will reset, and the curtains and lights will open and turn on of their own accord. The air conditioning adjustments do not work; the only options are “freezing cold” or “off.” The shower door does not close fully and water leaks onto the bathroom floor. My room safe broke twice and required an engineer to fix. The iron in my room did not work, and was replaced with one that didn’t have a Bahraini plug.

I ordered rush laundry service, but it wasn’t delivered until the next afternoon when I called to ask about it. The spa charged me different amounts for the same service on different days, although they did agree to issue a refund. Several times when I called for room service, the phone just rang and rang and no one answered. Curiously for a five-star hotel, when room service does come, each meal must be paid for on the spot with a credit card or cash transaction.

One leaves with the impression of a disorganized and poorly maintained hotel.

• Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Guest,

I was of course most alarmed to learn that your experience did not meet with the high service & quality standards we strive to achieve. I would like to apologize for these shortfalls and reassure you that your comments have been discussed among the team and action has been put into place to prevent such an event from happening in the future.

I look forward to the possibility of welcoming you back to our Hotel and I am certain we will be able to redeem ourselves on the next occasion.