All reviews new extension clock tower turkish cuisine minute walk busy road beautiful hotel food outlets al haram the hotel staff haram view star hotel umra trip elderly people wi fi king fahad gate breakfast buffet is holy city
Reviewed 19 April 2018 via mobile

Nice hotel.. I would have given a 5 star rating only that their staff need to be more friendly and helpful. Could also do better with room cleaning.. apart from these, everything was fine. Location is good also but nearer to the new Haram extension, found it a bit difficult to walk down with kids and my grandmother.

1  Thank Maryam J
Reviewed 9 April 2018

The hotel is so big and amazing surrounding. I came with for Mecca but still need a nice place to stay. The breakfast is awesome and the staff is friendly. The problem is my room is quite far from lift.

Room Tip: Get a room near lift for people who cannot walk long distance.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We booked a triple room for 4 nights however we upgraded to a suite for £350 as the room was tight for three people.
The hotel has around 1700 rooms, therefore the hotel is overcrowded especially at breakfast time, the restaurant is chaotic with poor service and lack of hygiene, the bin trolley moves between the tables. Because of the crowds they open another canteen to accommodate the huge numbers but stops serving at 10 instead of 10:30 ( nobody to us that). Most groups are from Turkey
The location is another problem, the hotel is at least 10 minute walk to the gates of the Haram involving dangerous crossing of busy roads.
There was a mention of a tunnel leading to the Haram, this is incorrect; you go by escalator or lift to a basement that leads to the main road.
Overall we don’t think we are going to use this hotel again as there are better accessible and less crowded hotels at the same price nearer to the Haram.

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We stayed in total for 7 nights in a quad room with breakfast included.
Location- it’s close to where the new extension is being built, and will take 3-4 mins in the future to get to the courtyard. However nowadays it takes 10mins to get into the masjid, not many shops around here but the advantage is it a quiet area so easy to walk back and forth to the masjid. There was a constant smell of sewage outside with the building work.
General appearance is that’s it’s a new modern hotel with good atmosphere. The lobby was lovely and had fruit flavoured water on tap, as well as serving coffee and dates in the afternoon.
The reception staff were hit and miss, some friendly but most were not!
There were plenty of areas in the lobby to sit and relax and was overall kept really clean.
Breakfast staff were good and the food itself was delicious with lots of variety including an omelette and pancake stations. We often sat looking at the masjid.
Room size was disappointing for a quad room and 2 of the beds were pop and hence not as comfortable. Usual safe, tea facilities etc in the room.
Overall due to the distance away from the Kabbah, and the attitude of some of the staff I wouldn’t stay here again.

Reviewed 28 March 2018

I stayed last week in Anjum hotel while I was on Umrah with my family. This hotel was booked by my travel agent. We were a family of 5 (me my wife and 3 kids) and we got a room with 2 single beds !! The room was even not spacious enough . The washroom was just ok with low qualitiy Chinese toiletries .
After I checked in I requested the reception to upgrade my room and I was happy to pay extra for that. They told me all the rooms are of same size and same beds !!! really!! Even in the pictures they have shown bigger rooms with Queen and King beds. . I tried my luck 3 times with 3 different staff at the reception but got the same answer. Probably the staff was not good in understanding english and might be thinking of free upgrade. Communication was another issue at the hotel.
Access to Haram is also difficult with kids as you have to cross a road with running traffic and no signal lights. I guess in the same rate you can get a more decent 5 star hotel across the haram .The better thing was breakfast !!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family