See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 23 May 2015 via mobile

Nice hotel very close to haram. Even with the continuous work taking place there it did not affect us. We had breakfast at the hotel which was continental. They provide us with shower gel etc in the bathroom and the room was cleaned daily.

Date of stay: February 2015
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Shabs116
Reviewed 19 May 2015

It is near Haram and a good quality hotel. Breakfast was decent and sleep quality was good. I have not much negative about this hotel. Enjoyed the stay with the family. I did choose a Haram view room and it was worth it. It is within walking distance, about 10 minutes. Coming back via steep slope might be problematic for small children or people with mobility problem. But they provide bus service which is also okay. Food was decent

Room tip: Near Haram
Date of stay: August 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 26 March 2015 via mobile

Recently i visited hotel Kenzi with my family, by the grace of Allah it was nice experience, here rooms were clean, new hotel near by Haram, only one flaw is it us located on ramp it is hardly 4 min walk but its a huge ramp, old age people like my mom it was very difficult to walk on, they have a bus to drop at masjid, but again it is difficult to wait for hotel bus when u returning to hotel, in all other aspects it was a great experience

1  Thank Fahad M
Reviewed 4 March 2015 via mobile

Stayed there at the end of December 2014 with my friends when we went for umrah.
As you can imagine it is always spiritually out of the world when you visit the 2 holy cities and a bad experience with the hotel or the locals are always digested by the pilgrims with a pinch of salt.
Most hotels are misleading, unfriendly, dirty, over priced, rude.... And the list can go on, but I will let you be a judge of your own experience.
Ke zi is in a decent (no the best) location with when walking downhill to the haram would only be a fast paced 10 minutes walk, but on your return to the hotel its a pretty daunting task.
It'll take a young man 20 minutes to reach the peak of the incline to get to the flat level of the front of the hotel. Feel very sorry for the elderly people and those especially on wheelchairs who find it a extreme and difficult task (I know, because I tried to help an elderly couple using a wheelchair up the hill, I was almost sick and my lungs were in my mouth).
The breakfast is very basic and a repeat of the same thing every day which can get a bit boring after a few days. It's hard to get a free table and when you do finally manage one, it's not clean and food everywhere. The restaurant is pretty understaffed so just save yourself the hassle of waiting for a waiter to clean the table for you and just do it yourself (you'll save a lot of time and grief).
The rooms are quite small and if you have a lot of luggage then it's a struggle to freely access it from the limited walking space around the beds (there was 4 beds in our room). The shower cubicle door did not close properly when trying to have a shower thus leaving a large puddle on the very slippery tiles for you to slip on when getting out of the shower (please be careful).
We called a few times for room service for the room to be cleaned and towels replaced, but no one answers the phone, so we gave up completely on trying any further.
From my personal experience I would not boom this hotel if traveling with young children or the elderly. But if your young and don't mind few hiccups here and there then go for it. The price is a bit on the higher side though considering its location and service.
All the best and have a wonderful stay in Mecca, wherever it may be.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank mohammedali_81
Reviewed 19 January 2015 via mobile

The agency I travelled with made an arrangement with this hotel. This is the first time for the agency as the other hotels were full.
Room is basic and the kettle provided is useless. Why? They provide kettle with no coffee or tea and there was no plug anywhere near.
At the time when we stayed (late December 2014) roads leading to hotel were closed due to construction. They provide a shuttle service where our tour bus stops.
Meal time at the restaurant was not a good experience. We arrived at 10pm, after dinner hours but I'm sure the hotel management should have known about it. Food was leftovers and it was not enough. Breakfast was a sad sight. Lack of variety is fine but it seems there are insufficient staff to handle the cleanines of the buffet area.

Trip type: Travelled with friends