1,966 results
All reviews swiss hotel floor supervisor free wifi clock tower kaaba view excellent hotel room service recommend this hotel triple room excellent service al haram breakfast buffet other hotels shopping mall abraj al bait housekeeping staff special thanks
Reviewed 8 October 2018 via mobile

Well... Where do I start?

I actually last stayed at Swissotel Makkah in April 2017 when on Umrah. It wasn't the first time I stayed here, and it won't be the last (March 2019 inshaAllah). So, why do I keep returning, you might ask?

The location is an obvious plus point, but then again, there are other hotels which are equally close, if not closer to the Haram - Dar al Tawhid Intercontinental, Raffles, Clock Tower etc, so albeit Swissotel Makkah is very close to the Haram (5mins walk), this isn't the primary reason as to why this is the hotel of choice for me in Makkah. At this point, you'll be querying what the main reason is? Well I'll withhold the sidebar suspense

For me, unrivalled customer service, and putting the customer at the heart of all you do is intimately what it is all about. From the reception staff, to housekeeping, to bellboys, to concierge to the catering staff, all - to a man were peerless. I reserve honourable mentions for Mohammad al Amri (Front desk) & Maqsood Bhai (Concierge) who were very accommodating. However, if I had to single out one person who excelled in his role, both before and during my stay, it would, without a doubt, be Waseem Hameed. Not only was he instrumental in helping to obtain the particular room I washed I wanted, but also ensured my stay was as expected - this did not go unnoticed. I was so impressed with Waseem's communication with me prior to arrival, that I specifically liaised with him to look after the arrangements for my forthcoming trip in March 2019 inshaAllah. I have some very specific requirements for this particular visit, and Waseem has put me at ease, especially at such an important time in my life. I cannot begin to thank him enough.

Other than exceptional customer service, the breakfast buffet is a spread fit for kings but like me, if you're a British Pakistani, you won't be best pleased with the bland offerings, and the fact there is no egg station is a disappointment. Aside from that, as mentioned earlier, great proximity to the Haram, stunning views with a Kaabah view room, spotless rooms and lobby, and the lifts weren't too sluggish either!

What's not to like?

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
AccorMakkah H, Manager at Swissotel Makkah, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2018

Dear Israr R,

Thank you for your generous review. Wow!!! Aren't we enthralled by your reply. We feel privileged to have accommodated your stay upon your serene visit to Makkah and it gives us great delight to learn that you've had a memorable stay with us.

You're absolutely right, our staff is the live-wire of our success. We would like to identify our staff; Mohammed, Maqsood and Waseem especially, as Heartists (Heart + Artists) for the heartier service they extend from heart to each and every guest we receive and it is with pride we acknowledge your commendations for them. We've shared your compliments with them, who in return would like to pass their salaams to you.

Please do keep returning to us. Our excellence as a hotel is mainly thanks to our excellent guests like you. It'd be our pleasure to welcome you again and again, hopefully to extend you with the same serene experience, if not better.

Reviewed 6 October 2018 via mobile

Our family stayed there during Hajj 2018 and our time there was great. The room was a five star standard and the service was impeccable. We were especially happy with Syed Faheem Ali on the front desk who helped us find our lost items.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
AccorMakkah H, Manager at Swissotel Makkah, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2018

Dear taji786,

Thank you for reviewing us on TripAdvisor. We are pleased that we got the opportunity to host you upon your serene visit to Makkah.

It pleases us to learn that you had a great stay with us. Our excellence as a hotel is mainly thanks to our excellent guests like you. We would like to identify our staff, Syed included as Heartists (Heart + Artists) for the heartier service they extend from heart to each and every guest we receive and it is with pride we acknowledge your commendations for them.

It'd be our pleasure to welcome you again in the near future.

Reviewed 4 October 2018 via mobile

*I waited about a quarter of an hour at the reception to check in even though I arrived around 11 pm
*The room was not clean
*The room carpets had stuck dirt
*The mattress was torn
*The pellows were not comfortable
*Waited more than 20 minutes on the phone to get a reply from room services
*I ordered a pre-baby cot bed at room reservation. Unfortunately was not ready
*The staff at the counter entering the breakfast restaurant was never fit and not friendly although the room booking included breakfast
*Breakfast was not as good as it was years ago

1  Thank Saeed A
AccorMakkah H, Manager at Swissotel Makkah, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2018

Dear Saeed,

Many thanks for your review. We are pleased that we got the opportunity to host your stay upon your serene journey to Makkah.

Oh! It's truly shocking and disheartening to learn of your comments. We understand that such oversights are inevitable in our service delivery, but this serves no excuse for the comments you've highlighted. As a hotel property striving to become the excellence in hospitality in the Holy City, we take your comments seriously. As of this moment we've already tried reaching you in order get more details from you to investigate the mentioned matters, however we couldn't locate your reservation details.

Nevertheless, we hope you wouldn't let this incident alone to distant you away from returning to us. In fact, it'd be our pleasure to welcome you again in order to grant you with an enhanced experience, showcasing the genuine Swiss Hospitality we are renowned for in the Holy City.

Reviewed 28 September 2018 via mobile

We moved in Swissotel in distress as we were not satisfied with Le Meriden Makkah. It was a great experience to have been assisted for reservation when you are totally exhausted after Umrah. Mr. Saud AlQuraishi was so helpful and kind.
We were satisfied on getting 2 rooms for 9 nights at the rate which was confirmed to us earlier by the hotel during our exploration.
Smooth experience was nothing as compared to checkin process. Our rooms were already made ready with checkin completed. We were escorted to the rooms and were left astonished by the view from the room. We had full kaba view from both our rooms. It was amazing.

This was not all, as we woke up after afternoon siesta we received a call that they want to keep fruit basket. It was not just a basket it was amazing spread. We loved it and this hospitality and welcome made us diehard fan of this hotel and its hospitality.

Housekeeping was extremely kind and immaculate. Rooms were so well kept and equipped with necessities.

Wide breakfast spread with outstanding personalised care was amazing. We were very well supported and assured by Mr. Ashraf at Al Ruwad restaurant. He was extremely helpful and assisted my kids for live counter almost daily.

The supervisors were so kind and helpful.

Overall an amazing experience. A true and unforgettable experience.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
AccorMakkah H, Manager at Swissotel Makkah, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2018

Dear ejaz_nahri,

Thank you for reviewing us on TripAdvisor. It was our privilege to have accommodated your stay upon your serene visit to Makkah.

We are truly enthralled by your amazing review. Wow! Your review would undoubtedly serve as a great motivation for our staff, who despite many challenges have been exerting their heartfelt efforts to serve each and every guest we receive from Heart, the very reason we would like to identify them as Heartists. (Heart + Artists)

Once again thank you for your great generosity. With genuine Swiss Hospitality we've extended you with, we are absolutely pleased that we have earned a loyal guest in you for life.

Please allow our team to be in contact with you, so that we can ensure that you are enrolled in our Le CLub AccorHotels program, hopefully to take great care of you upon your return to us.

Reviewed 22 September 2018 via mobile

Very good experience always with dedicated & friendly staff. 100/100

Fantastic food, attentive and very near to the Haram. Enjoyable stay throughout my work in Saudi.

Recommended city room for view of the Haram.

Lifts can be a bit crowded during salaah times - 15mins min waiting time. Go early to avoid crowds.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
AccorMakkah H, Manager at Swissotel Makkah, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2018

Dear Fearless632426,

Thank you for your excellent review. We are pleased that we got the opportunity to host you upon your serene visit to Makkah.

It is very much delightful to learn that you had a great stay with us. We would like to identify our staff as Heartists (Heart + Artists) for the heartier service they extend from heart to each and every guest we receive and it is with pride we acknowledge your commendations for them.

In regards to your comment on the elevators, we're delighted to notify you that at present we are working on adding in more elevators to our inventory, thus remedying the matter once and for all.

It'd be our pleasure to welcome you again upon your return to the Holy City. Once again, thank you for your recommendation and have a great day ahead.