All reviews butler service signature suite kaaba view other hotels living room royal suite luxurious hotel room service king abdulaziz gate same complex recommend this hotel amazing hotel excellent service perfect stay holy city duty manager breakfast and dinner
Reviewed 10 October 2018

I stayed in this hotel for 5 nights from 30th Sep 2018 after 4 years and was extremely disappointed by the room which was offered to me.
I booked a Signature suite almost months before going and repeatedly confirmed to have 2 full bathrooms which was confirmed to me by talking to the toll free agent in the call centre. and was shocked to see only 1 full bathroom and a guest toilet.plus the size was almost similar to the junior suite which i had stayed in 2014.
I immediately went back to the guest service supervisor known as Mr Essam who did not show any empathy and did not even try to satisfy me or try to even get up from his seat was totally unfriendly with his body language, honestly felt very unwelcomed..
In addition the hotel has totally runned down and in a bad need of refurbishment.
In fact the junior suite of Fairmont is more spacious and has a better feel to it.
The Signature suite was honestly a cheat for booking as it did not differ from the junior suite in size at all.
I had booked the Haram view which was only a partial side view of the Haram.
On the other side the positve points were the kindness of the housekeeping staff specially Mr Basheer, Mr Mohammad who would clean our room with a constant smile on his face and ever ready to help.
The IRD were also kind and helfpul.
The breakfast variety had improved since 2014 and the staff were just great and helpful.
Most of the chefs were very kind and the waiters especially Mr Hamdan, Ms Nouf and Ms Awatif were all so cheerful and welcoming.
Also it was not that chaotic to eat breakfast comparing to Fairmont hotel and definitely more peaceful with quick access to reach the breakfast hall.

The Zaatar Manaqeesh (pies) were on of the best that I had ever eaten.although it would take a long waiting time to get it ready hot from the oven but worth the wait.

I also had a problem on the waking call on one night where they forgot to wake me up on the time requested and called an hour later but luckily I had placed my alarm myself.
but it was very kind of the duty manager Mr Shakeery to call me after 2 days to apologize for the confusion created and was very polite and kind to talk to.

Also the elevators were fast to reach and did not have to wait for long.only problem is the need of changing elevators to reach the Haram. wish we would not need to stop on many floors and instead just have direct access to the Haram floor.

Room tip: Kaaba views I guess
Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank nmk63
AccorMakkah H, Manager at Raffles Makkah Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2018

Dear Valued Guest,

Greetings from Raffles Makkah Palace. Thank you for choosing us as your destination of choice on your visit to the holy city. Your comfort and satisfaction is our measure of success, rest assured that your comments and concerns are our top priority and have been passed to the relevant departments and that actions will be taken to remedy them. Looking forward to your next visit soon where we can offer you the experience you deserve.

Best Regards,
Hotel Management.

Reviewed 9 October 2018

Pros:1- Great location.2- Huge room with comfortable bed .3- Quick response and action from the room services.4- Cooperative duty manager.5- Good internet service.Cons:1- Very long check-in process. Once I arrived to the hotel, one of the staff takes my passport and checked my reservation then he asked me to go to lobby disk to get the room keys and proceed with the remaining amount because he already did the check-in. Once I reached the lobby disk, the employee their did the same process again!2- The cleanliness of the bathroom:2.1 - Once I checked in, the bathroom was dirty (seems like used bathroom).2.2 - Every time, after cleaning the room, the staff always keep empty cans of shampoo and shower gel in the shower room.3- It is not always easy to find available elevator from the lobby area to the shopping area and vice versa. Also, you cannot distinguish which elevator takes you to the shopping area or not. You need to get help from the security every time.

Review collected in partnership with raffles.com
AccorMakkah H, Manager at Raffles Makkah Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2018

Dear Valued Guest,

Greeting from Raffles Makkah Palace. Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. we are delighted to know that your stay with us was an enjoyable one and that our unique location and varied services were up to your standards. Rest assured that your comments are our top priority and that they've been passed to the relevant departments.
Looking forward to your next visit soon.

Best Regards.

Reviewed 6 October 2018

Everything went not only as planned and expected but beyond the expectations. From the time of calling the hotel to make the reservation till the time of check out... especial thanks to miss Reham and Mr saleh for their great arrangement and room upgrade. Will surely come again and always!

Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with raffles.com
AccorMakkah H, Manager at Raffles Makkah Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2018

Dear valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing Raffles Makkah Palace and for taking the time to give us your thoughts and rating. we are absolutely delighted you have enjoyed your stay with us. our staff's first priority is always your comfort while you are in the holy city. awaiting your next visit soon.

Regards.

Reviewed 5 October 2018

Wonderfully place and great hospitality. Location was most valuable sp. in Makkah .Great environment and ambiance.Staff was amezingly friendly and professional. Breakfast was excellent! Totally value for money .

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Raffles Makkah Palace. we are happy and proud you have enjoyed your stay with us, and that our staff, amneties, and unique location was to your liking. Hoping to host you again soon.

Regards,

Reviewed 27 September 2018 via mobile

Me and my wife arrived from Riyadh to Makkah to perform Omrah. We decided to
spend the night in this hotel to rest before going back to Riyadh. Since we were staying for only one night we chose a suite with a view of the Holy Kabah. What a truly exceptional view. However, we were extremely unlucky that we came to the room after Omrah in a period (nearly 90 minutes when the hotel were upgrading their telephone system and could not order room service) I went to the reception placed our order and gave them my mobile number several minutes later someone called from the kitchen saying that their oven was broken and could not prepare anything that required an oven what a shame such a beautiful hotel has these technical problems. But to be honest the kindness and hospitality of the hotel staff from the porter to the restaurant waiters is remarkable and made up for any inconvenience. At the end we really enjoyed are one day stay and would definitely come back.

2  Thank malshaibi2018
AccorMakkah H, Manager at Raffles Makkah Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2018

Dear valued guest,

We thank you for choosing Raffles Makkah Palace, and are delighted you enjoyed your one day stay with us. your valuable feedback helps us to always improve our services and has been passed to the responsible departments. we will be awaiting your next visit soon.

Regards,