All reviewsmasjidil haramexcellent locationfood courthot and cold waternearest hotelumrah tripshopping areatriple roomabdul azizwheel chaircomfortable bedswalking distanceking abdulaziz gatechoose this hotelprayer hallmy parentseasy access to haram
Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

This is a 5-star hotel.. but honestly it was extremely underwhelming..

(+)
1. The staff is amazing and professional.
2. Breakfast was delicious
3. The location is perfect very close to the Masjid.
4. You have plenty of restaurants and stores around you.

(-)
1. Room was clean but very dated
2. There was no iron nor ironing table.
3. We found no slippers in the room.
The view was the ugliest view I had ever seen in my life.
4. The bathroom was very small.

Having said that if you're staying at this hotel probably you are staying because it is close to the Masjid so you can actually overlook all those negative sides and enjoy your Holy trip. :)

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Alsafwah Roayle O, Guest Relations Manager at Al Safwah Royale Orchid, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2018

Dear Guest, Greetings from Al-Safwah Royal Orchid! Your feedback has been most valuable and we have addressed the issues this morning with our colleagues. We will also integrate this in our training program so that it does not reoccur. Once again, please accept our sincerest apology and we hope to have you back at the hotel when our renovations have been completed, Mohammed EL-Nemaky Guest Relations

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

Stayed 7 nights for umrah with my family during last week Feb 2018. The stay was pleasant n comfortable. Booked a quadruple room which was capacious n equipped with general requirements including kettle, tea, room refrigerator, Led etc. Room service n housekeeping staff were very receptive. Room service menu was short but reasonably priced. Breakfast range was very limited. Didnt have much. The management must work on this area.
Major areas of improvement:
1. My parents were wheel chair bound and of the 8 days i stayed, i didnt get wheelchairs by the hotel management for until 4 days. I kept requesting the staff at counter, at concierge, the room boys, housekeeping staff, in short everyone, but they were totally non receptive, kept it delaying and didnot provide the chairs frustrating me to limits. Until the 4thday, when i told the staff at reception quite aggressively, the guy showed some response and n tried to understand my requirement n advised the same lower staff to provide me with wheelchairs which were there in next 5minutes. This is how easy it was but was made a head ache for me n my parents.

2. The hotel must have an independent entrance to its reception. The fare of this hotel doesnt justify the level of services they provide. It doesnt even have a dedicated entrance. For people who reach makkah, they are dropped off on the main road without any identification or the hotel neither any staff to receive u. You have to go inside the mall, look for the elevators, find out the hotel lift, go to the entrance floor and then request the concierge to help u. It must have a dedicated entrance. After all, another hotel Dar al Eman , in the same tower, has its separate elevator, right outside the building.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family

Dear Guest, Greetings from Al-Safwah Royal Orchid Thank you for your stay with us also for your comments and very sorry for the experience you went through , and we promise you to take all your comment into considerations Once again, please accept our sincerest apology, We hope to welcome you soon Mohammed EL-Nemaky Guest Relations

Reviewed 4 February 2018

Most of the people going to Mecca is to do Umroh or Hajj. So the biggest thing to choose is the location. And in my opinion, the nearest hotel from Masjidil Haram access is this hotel. If we want to pray, we just stay out of our room, take the lift to go down (which is fast but in the meal time, a little bit long), and take the elevator to go down, and we already in Masjidil Haram yard with only a bit step forward, we can entry King Abdul Azis gate. So we can do prayer activity perfectly because we can save our energy from walking too far. The room was nice. A bit old with arabic taste, but that's ok as long as the rooms are clean. My room was clean. The sheet and the towel always clean. The bathroom also clean. The shower with hot and cold water was strong. The house keeping knock our room everyday and offering to clean the room. The house keeping staff in my floor was very friendly and kind. The food was not special. But I love their kind of fish menu. But don't worry. You can find various restaurant and many kind of food near the hotel. Also you can find lots of store to shopping. Lots of atm, lots of pharmacy store, also money changer. The lobby was always crowded as lots of people go round for praying for almost in 24 hours. The wifi was poor at the beginning, buat after we complain, they fixed their wifi and the wifi goes well. If I have the chance to do Umroh or Hajj again, I surely choose this hotel again for my stay. Most credit I gave to the room with Haram view (my room) and off course their best room, the room with Ka'bah view (my parents room).

Room Tip: Choose the room with Haram view or Ka'bah view. That's the best.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 27 January 2018 via mobile

My family and I stayed here for 6 nights. The rooms were very clean, the toilet is very good (especially the shower!). The cleaner were very helpful, food was good. JUST A STEP AWAY FROM MASJID! My grandmother (80 years old) was with us, she had a pleasant stay as well! Very very very comfortable.

We really really hope that we can stay at this hotel again for our upcoming trips (on December 2018 & March 2019). But don’t know how to book the rooms! Our last trip were booked by an agent. We would like to book the rooms ourselves as we want to request for the Masjid View.

If you’re traveling here, please please rethink your option for staying at another hotel. As we think this is the best hotel so far!

Picture taken from Hotel’s door. So you can imagine how close it is!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family

Dear Guest, Greetings from Al-Safwah Royal Orchid Thank you for your Nice comment we happy that you enjoy your stay at our Hotel We hope to welcome you soon Mohamed EL-Nemaky Guest Relations (res@srohotel.co) our reservation E-mail

Reviewed 6 December 2017 via mobile

First and foremost,it is very near to masjidil haram.u literally within the compound because as u walk out of the lobby,u r already at masjidil haram. Located as the same row as intercontinental and hilton and for guide,just remember safwah orchid is next to the clock tower so u would not confious,the location of the hotel.
Room was spacious even for 5 beds.food was ok at the meal is very long.very hard for you to miss out a meal and it is constantly being top up.
The lobby is good but do not exactly wow.staff was ok especially the bellboy and security.and the lift is very fast as well.
The hotel is attached to the mall,hence there are a lot of shop for serviniours and if u want to try arab food,there are many as well,but they are not specialist so it is not that tasty.u may expect many people eat within the hotel area especially those who eat at d'saji restaurant which located in the same building with safwa orchid,only different floor.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family