“Great Location”

Al Safwah Royale Orchid
Ranked #23 of 372 Hotels in Mecca
Reviewed 8 March 2012

I liked Al Safwa Royale Orchid Hotel, nice location which directs you right away to the Haram. Well, I can't say much coz I was very focused on the Holy Mecca more than anything else.

The only thing I didn't like was small size of the bathrooms, very small. Serivce is good they come fast whenever you need anything.

Food was fine with many varities.

Room Tip: If you are coming with an old parent whom you dont him/her to walk for long time to Haram, I advise...
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Utopiant

Reviewed 5 March 2012

We were 4 couples and booked 4 rooms. On arraivel about 13:00 they told us rooms are not available because check out time is 14:00 and check in is 16:00. After a while they gave us 3 rooms in different floors.

I came back at 17:20 after completing the Omra, very tired, looking for a shower. I was expecting to get the 4th room but they told me that the room is not available yet. When I asked why the room is not available if check out time is 14:00. I understood from the manager that they are extending the stay for few hours for some guests. Those guests are paying for the extended hours. That means that they are renting my room to other guests.

I got the room about 18:10 and there was no time to have a shower. I told the manager that there is no towels in any of the 4 rooms. He called the housekeepers and asked them to put towels in the rooms. I came back after Maghreb pray to take a shower but for my surprise there was no towels. I called the housekeeping two times they promised to bring the towels. When called them for the third time they told me that there is no towels and they are going to deliver only when the laundry car arrives and delivers the clean towels.

None of the 4 rooms has a view. All windows are internal and facing windows of other rooms. Bathrooms are very small.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank tabbasy
Reviewed 16 February 2012

My family and I stayed at the Al Safwah Royale Orchid in Mekah last week when performing the umrah. I fell in love with the view from the hotel room at first sight-we got the kaabah view ! We have only been back in our homeland a few days ago and I am already missing the glorious view of the kaabah from the room where we were staying at level 15.The location of the hotel is excellent especially for those who are accompanied by children or the elderly. Easy access to masjidil haram entrances,shopping areas and eateries.The hotel has excellent laundry and room service too.Housekeeping and internet service could be improved,though.I would recommend this hotel to anyone anytime.

Room Tip: Choose the one with the kaabah view
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Lyn t
Reviewed 12 February 2012

Excellent location. Close to haram and to shopping . Good service at the reception. Rooms are small and it was abit dark at times. Did not try the room service so no comment on that.

• Stayed: January 2012
2  Thank TripleAmama
Reviewed 29 November 2011

We stayed in Al Safwa Tower hotel in Makkah during the Hajj. It was incredibly busy and crowded hotel due to the Hajj season. Pilgrimages were flowing in and out. We were given the back side of the hotel and not Kaba view. The rooms were always dark and during day time also had to put on lights all the time. The rooms were not cleaned regularly, probably thinking of women living in cover. We had to call them to clean the rooms. The lifts were always busy and many people kept waiting in front of the lifts. Food was most of the time terrible. Managers were racist and behaved differently with Asians and Arabs. Overall feelings were not very good. There were Mekkah view rooms with additional charges. Good hotel for the pilgrimages as it is adjacent to the holy Kabah.

Room Tip: Have to check rooms before
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family