Toledo Amman Hotel
Ranked #15 of 150 Hotels in Amman
Reviewed 25 March 2012

The Toledo is a decent, value for money hotel that is close to being a very good hotel. The rooms are quite good although the bathrooms are on the small side and definitely need a refurb. The staff are very friendly and helpful and as mentioned below if you need a driver ask for Abu Saleem, a very charming guy.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank houndtang

Reviewed 25 March 2012

The public areas of the hotel are very attractive. The rooms are a little tired but perfectly adequate and the bed was very comfortable. I had the misfortune to be located on floor 1 directly over the bus station and a busy road, so a good night's sleep was not to be had.

Room Tip: Sleep at the back of the hotel
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 March 2012

Its not very often that I write a review simply to compliment the Staff of a particular establishment, however on this occasion its completely warranted.
Take a bow all employees of the Toledo Hotel !
I had the privilege of staying in this hotel from the 1st to the 6th March 2012.
Lovely room ( Bathroom did require an upgrade ) fantastic food ( Breakfast & Dinner ) and
outstanding staff. Everything that could possibly be asked of hotel staff was met with a friendly and helpful response.
Mo'yad at Reception ,Abdullah and Ahmed in the Restaurant are three people that I must mention in particular, however ALL the staff we met were helpful and friendly.
Also do avail of the hotels tour booking service. We reserved a Car & Driver to take us to all the important tourist sites over a 5 day period. It was efficient and reasonably priced.
Our driver Tareq M Qalyoubi was excellent and I would highly recommend him . Please note this is not a guided tour service but it is a very comfortable and efficient way to travel in Jordan. You decide where and when you wish to travel and you also have the option to stop or alter your trips at will.
I will return to Amman and I will definitely stay in the Toledo Hotel again.
Take a bow Staff & Management !

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Redjer
ToledoHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Toledo Amman Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2012

Well, we take a bow back to you in appreciation. Thank you for the original title you chose. It is our priority to make sure the staff makes every effort possible to ensure the comfort of our travelling guest. We know the importance of feeling comfortable in a foriegn land and at ease in your surrounding and I am glad we achieved it. We look forward to rolling out the red carpet for you soon.

Reviewed 2 March 2012

Toledo Amman is a nice solid hotel for a trip to Jordan. The staff at reception are friendly and attentive, the rooms are fine and the location is good (right between old and new Amman), with access to shops.
My requirement for staying at this hotel was that a tour i had booked used this as the start and end point of the journey, since I was arriving a day early i didn't know whether to book here to save messing around a day later or go with a known brand in case the Toledo was not very good (other tour experience). After several reviews I decided to just stay at the Toledo and I am glad I did.
If starting a trip, ending a trip or spending time in Amman for a few days I would definitely recommend Toledo. It may not be the flashiest hotel, but it has all the resources needed (except bar area) however there is a liquor shop 5 minute walk away on the route to a shopping area, the staff are friendly and exceptionally trustworthy regarding leaving valuables in room and the rooms are good. The Toledo has easy access to old Amman where from the side of the hotel you can see the mosque, and a short walk to theatre ruins.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Damian G

Hello, we are also glad you decided to give us a chance. I am very glad we met your expectations. We are extremely appreciative for taking the time and so elequently describe the hotel. Your comments will help many future guests make an informed decision and as for us we promise to provide the same level of service. Ahlan wa sahlan (most welcome)

Reviewed 27 February 2012

My daughter and I stayed here in Feb 2012. We stayed the first 3 nights at the Ramada and transferred here for the last 4 nights (Ramada was part of a tour). We loved this hotel from the moment we arrived; lovely mosaic entrance and arabian style lobby - so much more character. We were given a triple room; which was very nice. The breakfasts and dinners were very tasty with plenty of choice (much better food than Ramada). The staff were really friendly and helpful; especially when I stupidly locked my padlock key inside my suitcase. They sent somebody up straight away to file off the padlock for me. We both loved the swimming pool and hot tub; there's also a very well equipped gym if you like that sort of thing, and they do classes such as Yoga too. Jordanian custom dictates that men and women must be seperated when partaking in these activities so it is men only or women only depending on what day it is. Wi-fi is free in the lobby, and there's a nice room with a TV where you can sit and surf the net or whatever. The hotel is quite quirky in that the lobby is on the 7th floor, due to it being built on a hill, so you travel down to your room rather than up. Outside the ground floor entrance is a big bus station area that gets taken over on a friday by a huge second hand souk.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank llijorak

Can we hire you as a marketing consultant :-)...??. Please allow us to use some of your comments and style to attract future guests. We cannot thank you enough for taking the time to write and detail your experience the way you did. We also hope your imprssion of your entire trip to Jordan was just as good. We sincerely hope you have the chance to visit us again in the future.