“Samuel is a great guide!”
Review of My Israeli Guide

My Israeli Guide
Ranked #2 of 228 Tours in Tel Aviv
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Religion, history, food, nature, art, architecture and much much more - Israel offers so many possibilities and I specialise in tailoring your experience to 100% match your interests and passions. Whether for day tours all over the country or for a longer visit, I look forward to making your visit in Israel the trip of a lifetime. Great for groups, couples, individuals and families.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

We had Sam during our grad school Israel trek. He was with our 50-person bus for a week. Samuel is incredibly knowledgable and kind. I learned so much about history, religion, culture and politics of Israel from him during the trip. He made efforts to get to know each of us and he remembered our names and background. Besides his knowledge and kindness, his sense of humor also made our trip more enjoyable. I would recommend Sam to anyone who is considering finding a tour guide in Israel.

Samuel G, Owner at My Israeli Guide, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2018

Thanks so much for this very kind review. I’m delighted that you felt you were able to learn so much, and that you appreciated my humour! I had a great time exploring with you all, and learning from you also. I hope to welcome you back to Israel in the future.

All reviews
in 7 reviews
"historical sites"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed 1 April 2018

I apologize for the bad pun. Sam was our guide during a week-long school trip in Israel, from Jerusalem to the Dead Sea, Golan Heights, Tel Aviv, and various other spots during the week. Not only did he offers us a great historical overview of every site we visited, he would always supplement it with some personal insight and draw out questions from participants regarding whatever issue this place was relating to. Participants also appreciated his efforts to relate to people on a more personal level and to plan the trip according to the group's interests. I can recommend Sam to whoever wants to visit Israel and is looking for more than just the usual travel experience!

Thanks so much for your very kind review - and as you know, I never mind a bad pun! I’m delighted that you enjoyed our trip so much; I also had a great time travelling with you. I’m delighted you felt that I was able to relate and adapt to your interests as it’s very important for me to do so - I get a lot of my job satisfaction from knowing that I’ve got things just right for the specific person. I hope to welcome you back again for more travelling beyond the usual experience!

Reviewed 1 April 2018

Samuel was our dedicated guide for our MBA school-organized trip to Israel. He was with our 50-person bus for the entirety of the 6 days, and did an outstanding job. Samuel was very good about presenting Israel to us in a cohesive, logical order. There was information we wanted to know all at once, but he unfolded bits by bits every hour, every day, and by the end of the week, it all made sense. He is highly knowledgeable about the country, its complicated history, its current state in world political affairs, the interaction between the various sub-cultures and sub-communities that live together in the country. If and when I go back to Israel again, I will only travel with Samuel as my guide!

Thanks so much for your very kind review! I had a great time exploring with your group and am glad you enjoyed yourself so much and that the gradual picture which we built together made sense by the end. I very much hope that it is ‘when’ rather than ‘if’ you return and look forward to welcoming you here again when you do.

Reviewed 1 April 2018

We had Sam as our guide educator during our graduate school's trek to Israel. Samuel was a wonderful guide who was not only knowledgable but was excellent at painting wonderful stories in sites and places rich in history. Sam not only made an attempt to do complete his duties as our tour educator but made an attempt to connect with everyone individually by learning our names and our interests. I would recommend Sam to anyone who is considering using a tour company for a future visit to Israel.

Thanks so much for this kind review! I very much enjoyed exploring Israel with you and am glad you enjoyed the stories, and appreciated the personal connection- it’s very important for me! I hope to welcome you back to Israel in the future.

See more reviews
Reviewed 30 March 2018

Sam was my tour guide on an organized grad school tour of Israel. He has a wide breadth of knowledge of Israel and the region, and offers great insight into all things Israeli culture, society, geography, and international affairs.

Sam also was diligent in knowing each name of the 50+ participants on our trip, and spent time getting to know us well beyond my expectations.

I HIGHLY recommend Sam for a tour of Israel of any duration and group size.

Much much appreciated!

Thanks so much for your very kind review! I’m delighted you enjoyed yourself so much and felt I was able to contribute to your understanding of this country. No matter the size of the group, I really want to get to know everyone - it’s part of the fun of the job, so I’m glad it was appreciated! I hope to welcome you back to Israel in the future.