“Exceptional Tour Guide!!”

Arik Private Tours In Israel
Ranked #205 of 247 Tours in Tel Aviv
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Hi, my name is Arik, I am 40 years old and I love what I do! I've been giving tours for over 10 years. I launched my career working at the Holocaust museum in Jerusalem. At the time, I was completing my B.A at the Hebrew-U. These things gave me the initial set of tools to become a great tour guide. After five years, I realized this would be my vocation, so I decided to professionalize in the field and become licensed by the Ministry of Tourism. During that time, I completed my M.A in 'Land of Israel Studies' granted to me by the University of Haifa. So you can say I am a real expert in anything that has to do with Israel! While guiding I try to get everyone engaged, from the youngest to the elderly, using my iPad; illustrated atlases and maps; testimonials; music; videos; whatever works! I can testify that my English is impecable, I am easy going, flexible, fun to communicate with and in the end we will be great friends! I will help you plan the ultimate trip, from A to Z. Best, Arik.
Reviewed 14 July 2018 via mobile

Our group of 12, including 5 teenagers, had the privilege of touring Israel with Arik for 3 days. Day one covered the city of Jerusalem. Day two covered Ein Gedi, Masada and the Dead Sea and Day three covered Tel Aviv, Caesarea and Jaffa. Arik is extraordinarily knowledgeable and made the tours fun and interesting for every member of the group. He is punctual and kept us on time so that we could see everything we wanted to see. His English is perfect. His passion and expertise in the history of Israel are evident. He was worth every penny and I recommend him without reservation.

All reviews
"day tour"
in 19 reviews
"old city"
in 21 reviews
"wonderful sense of humor"
"toured jerusalem"
"jordan river"
"masada"
in 35 reviews

Reviewed 10 July 2018

I accompanied a couple who are christians, who had never been to Yerushaliem before. They enjoyed their time in the old city.

1  Thank devorah436
Reviewed 3 July 2018 via mobile

Arik is a nice man and tried to accommodate but, unfortunately, we were disappointed in our private 4 day tour. We felt he rushed through the sights and provided insufficient content. Also his driving was very fast with tailgating and speedy lane changes. Even for Israel standards his driving was erratic. I would highly recommend a private tour guide over a group tour but not with this guide.

6  Thank Christy W
Arik H, Owner at Arik Private Tours In Israel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear TripAdvisor Members,

The ONLY reason why She and his boyfriend (Mitch) are now posting these 100% FALSE REVIEWS is: They wanted a refund that they were not entitled to (according to the contract they signed).so guess what was their answer: "We Have TripAdvisor" (subtext: you better refund Us or... how do you call that in the U.S?) Why they wanted a refund you ask ? they did not accept "I am sorry that is not possible" as an answer. it was their way or the TripAdvisor way.... HONEST TO GOD!

like every tour I conducted in the last decade as a tour guide, I truly did my very best to accommodate but it did not matter what I did/said nothing was to their satisfactory, so I failed this time, regretfully. I will take some time to reflect over this experience to try and gain some insights on how I could have done things differently, for the benefit of my future clients. I can only say (as an understatement) that guiding them was truly some kind of an anomaly that I never experienced before with any of my clients and I hope this experience wouldn’t repeat it self in the future.

I would advise all TripAdvisor members focusing on those hundreds of merited positive reviews I’ve earned along the many years for a job well done. In my humble opinion, it would be unjust relying solely on their perspective of the events: A FALSE description. I can absolutely assure TripAdvisor community that it doesn't reflect the high level of service that I’ve given my clients along the years as a private tour guide, a service that I am still committed to until this very day.

Respectfully,

Arik Haglili.

Reviewed 3 July 2018 via mobile

Arik, felt like family by the end of our 6 day tour with him. He guided us through all of the best parts of Israel, he is so knowledgeable, efficient and at the same time has a wonderful sense of humor. He directed us to the best lunch spots. He made sure that everyone got to do what was important to them. Israel seemed like an intimidating country to visit; however,I never felt unsafe and appreciated Arik’s perspective. It was quite apparent that he had studied Isralian history for his post graduate studies, yet he made sure everyone understood. If you want to see Israel, learn the history behind it and have fun, Arik is the guide for you!