All reviewsrothschild boulevardgreat locationespresso machinenice designbusiness tripcarmel marketpleasant staywalking distancebreakfast is servednice roomsmall balconyrotshildtlvboutiquerefrigeratorteljaffa
Reviewed 21 July 2017

This is a terrible hotel. Firstly the rooms are NOTHING like the pictures. They are small filthy cubicles you can't move in. We booked this hotel because the reviews were not bad and it had an average of 4.5 stars. Beware I think Motel 6 is nicer than this place. I went to get into bed after a long day of traveling and there was a bug crawling in my bed. I pre-payed for 3 nights so I was stuck and could not leave. They refused to give me my money back and initially they didn't want to do anything for me. They said "its just small bugs!' After further conversation they agreed to move me to another room. The new room was even smaller than the first with an awful bathroom, the A/C didn't work and the sink didn't drain. The next morning they finally agreed to move me to one of there other hotel locations (Olympia Hotel) This hotel was cleaner but there were still issues (you can read my review for that hotel). I would not recommend staying at any Zvieli Hotel.

Room Tip: Filthy with bugs!!!
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank LMW1030
Reviewed 8 July 2017

This is a hotel that's busy being chic rather than comfortable. You have to schlep your suitcases up a few steps and through a narrow double-winged door that easily could have been a wide one-paneled door that you can actually fit through pulling a suitcase. Upon arrival my bathroom was flooded from the toilet, not the shower. There was no soap dish, no bedside reading lamp (there are two sockets on either side of the bed that look like someone forgot to screw in the lamps). There's no convenient plug for your laptop by the desk unless you want to unplug the refrigerator. The internet connection is incredibly slow; it took me hours to download my emails at midnight! There's only an espresso machine in the room, so no way to make regular coffee or tea for yourself and the cups provided are tiny espresso cups. Breakfast is skimpy and you eat at communal tables with other guests in the lobby. Going out for breakfast on the weekend in the plentiful neighborhood restaurants is impossible unless you have a reservation.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 July 2017

The location is excellent, a 3 minute walk to Rothschild boulevard which has numerous restaurants and coffee shops. The apartment was very compact with small sitting area / kitchen, bedroom and shower room. It was clean and comfortable. We had a very good one night stay.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 June 2017

LOCATION:
If you desire to be in the middle of the "happening" area within Tel Aviv this is it. Everything is available nearby and the nightlife and energy was great. The hotel itself sits off of a side street so street noise was minimal and unobtrusive. This location is also close to the sea (about 10-15 drive away) however compared to when I have stayed at hotels on the Mediterranean where everything closes down I will take this location every time. One downside is that you are about a 20 minute (or longer) drive to where the business side of where you may need to be if you are not on personal travel.

ROOM:
A very nice room for non-USA standards. It was very spacious, wonderful bathroom/shower space with amenities, and the cutest little outdoor balcony for late evening wind down. The ONE complaint I had was that the AC did not function properly. On my first night it would cut out after 15-20 minutes of operation which is not conducive if you like to sleep in a cool room. It was addressed the next day, however it reverted back to my first day experience on the first night. It needs to be addressed as it was uncomfortable to fall asleep to a cooling room and wake up in moderate sweat because the AC stopped and the temperature is 26 Celsius.

STAFF:
A bit typical Israeli "matter of fact" but as I developed a dialogue with the various team members they were great. Like anywhere one travels, endeavor to be respectful, and like pretty much anywhere in the world people want to help. Overall, a very good team at this hotel.

COST:
A very good value for the cost.

Stayed: June 2017
Reviewed 25 May 2017

The location is fine in central Tel Aviv, within walking distance of the main sites. Reception staff are quite friendly and efficient. The building is probably quite old for Tel Aviv but the rooms are spacious and the windows offer plenty of light in. Good bathroom and toiletries. The breakfast is a disappointment, with limited choice and zero service.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business